Posts by Cuervo X

I'm on Mac here. Have you tried uninstalling 9.0.5 and reinstalling? Sure sounds like a routing conflict. For Windows 11 Revo Uninstaller is a great util. I think you can get a demo that will remove all remnants of 9.0.5, and then reinstall it to see if that clears up the issue.

Nope hadn't tried that yet...HOWEVER, I just performed a full system restart and BINGO...everything works as it should! Problem solved. Thank you for your help and suggestions...it helped push me into the right direction to get the matter solved!

You just have to choose the Profiler as your Audio Device on your system. You should then be able to hear backing tracks through the Kemper along with your guitar input through it. I just tested it by streaming a YouTube song as well as as a Apple Music tune to play along with, worked fine.

Yep, I have done that. Here's the issue...when I choose profiler as the audio device, I'm able to hear computer audio through the Kemper (no problem so far). However, the moment that I try to play my guitar, the guitar signal automatically cuts out. I've noticed that lights on the chicken head knob (tuner, browser, perform, profiler) turn off as soon as I hit the guitar. If I pause the computer audio (YouTube song), the lights on the chicken head knob come back up after about 30 seconds and now I can play the guitar again. But I'm unable to both (stream the audio and play) at the same time for some strange reason! Not sure this helps, but I'm using Windows 11.

That was no suggestion. If you deactivated Direct Monitoring, it explains the behavior. By default it's activated. Please read what's written about Direct Monitoring in the Addendum 9.0 or Main Manual 9.0.

I did read the entire Addendum 9.0 but that was no help. I am not looking to use the profiler with the DAW. I simply wish to play along to backing tracks through KP without having to go through the DAW (in my case, Reaper).

Hello,

I've updated Rig Manager and my toaster to 9.0 with the new USB driver (Digital Audio Interface - Profiler)... all installed just fine. However, now it seems that only one audio source can be heard at a time through the profiler headphone jack. For example, I'm able to hear my guitar/profiler through the headphones just fine, but when I launch a YouTube video to play along with a song, I'm able to hear the YouTube audio through the headphones, but it suddenly cuts off the guitar/profiler signal completely. If I stop the YouTube audio, the profiler kicks back in after about 30 seconds or so. Not sure if there are setting changes that need to be made, but this is certainly not working. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advise. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Burkhard,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking time for answering and providing me with such a detailed response...truly appreciated. In my example, I was trying to say that the display showing the Performance number of the Kemper is off. Meaning that in order to get to Performance number 8 on the Profiler, I need press the (up/down) buttons on the Midi Commader to "slot" 10 (on the display of the Midi Commander). As for the second response, I don't believe that the Midi Commander is working in relative mode because if I hold down the Up/Down button it does not scroll through the Performances on the Kemper. In order to change Performances on the Midi Commander, I need to depress the Up/Down buttons to the appropriate number then hit any one of the "A-D" buttons to get it to change Performances...make sense or clear as mud?!

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Kemper community and just recently purchased a KPA non-powered toaster and hoping that someone here may be able to offer me some guidance regarding using the Midi Commander foot switch with the KPA.

The Midi Commander comes with a KPA host mode. When I activate this mode, the Midi Commander allows me to toggle up and down between profiles (using the UP/Down buttons and A-E buttons) just fine. However, when I hit any of the buttons (1-4) for the effect switches, the Kember gives me a message saying "bank is empty".

I tried going a different route trying to use one of the Custom settings that would allow me to assign the appropriate midi numerical effect switch commands (from the Kemper manual) to each button ( A=17, B=18, C=19, etc...). Well, this worked perfectly to allow me to toggle the effect switches on/off. However, the weird thing is that when I toggle up and down to change the profiles (in performance mode) the number on foot controller does not match with the profile number on the KPA. For example, the very last profile that I've saved to in the performance mode is in slot number 8. However, in order to get to that profile on the foot controller, I need to get the Midi Commander to slot number 10 (while the KPA still shows the profile in slot 8). Does that make sense or is that clear as mud?

I'm completely baffled and not sure how to resolve this issue. Would greatly appreciate some assistance from any of you who have experience with the Midi Commander.

Kind regards,

Fred

wow...thank you, ST! Truly appreciate welcome and the additional resources to help me along!

I purchased an old-school white KPA toaster (unpowered) to use primarily for recording. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 for my auido interface to my DAW (Reaper). Also, have a Melo Audio Midi Commander that I've almost manged to get to work with the KPA.

Hi everyone,

Greetings to everyone in this community.

I've playing guitar on and off over the years and have tried out or owned practically every type of guitar modeling amp or software (i.e POD, AxeFX, Eleven Rack, Amplitube, Bias Amp, Bias FX2, etc...).

I never understood or could fully appreciate the capability and calibre of quality of amp profiling...that is until I finally tried out and heard the Kemper Profiler in person. I could not believe my ears how vastly superior the amp tones are compared to anything else I've tried in the past.

I'm a genuine convert and my only regret is that I didn't take the leap years ago.