Posts by Trapland

My Moog Sub37 had a cycling light show as a feature. I used it while not playing. It obviously made it almost impossible to use the instrument while it was on since I couldn't tell it a feature was activated or not when I needed it. If it had acted like a screen saver and went off as soon as touching anything, and stayed off for awhile, it would have been fun AND usable.

I’m having trouble figuring this out. Lots of profiles by unknowns and big names alike have a naming system. It might look like this;

FA Mars CM8 152

I figured out the FA might be the authors “tag”. The Mars is an amp brand, cm8 is a model. What is the 152?

Any other naming habits you can share with me?

Is there any chance of harm if it’s accidently left on for several days? Like bashing out a few chords before vacation and forgetting to twist that chicken’s head?

There is a Rig parameter called "Panorama". As the name implies, it pans the Rig across the stereo spectrum.

You could program an 80-20 Rig, and a 20-80 Rig,and switch from one to the other. Or, you may be able to assign a Morph to the Panorama parameter of a rig, if you are not already Morphing something else.

Can the Kemper switch rigs seamlessly or will llag be noticable? Or, cam I adjust the speed of morphing? I could make do with up to 1 second morph time.

I did order the remote too. Also a bag, but I forgot a mission pedal. No matter, nobody has them in stock anyway. I’ll get one soon though. I need to waaaaahhhh! It’s about the only effect I really like. Maybe a little plate reverb as long as you can’t hear it.

Mostly I just want a cranked vintage amp sound and only use effects if they are ABSOLUTELY required in a specific song, Then I turn them off as fast as I can. I don’t mind other players building up soundscapes and pads, but it’s not my thing. Guitar, cord, amp. If I want a different sound I change guitars and/or amps. Or guitar knobs. But, I really believe I’ll use more effects because the Kemper makes it all so easy. And portable.

One more thing. I chose a toaster because my WIFE thought it looked better. She said “you are NOT a rack player”. And, “The toaster is very unique. If you are not going to play a nice looking tweed or basketweave amp, might as well go all in!”. I think she’s right, again.

I hope the title shows. I play lots of gigs where there is no PA for anything but vocals. All other instruments are heard from the amps on stage. I like that setup as I get to control solo volumes and can use stereo without a sound dude mixing it to mono.

Pre-Kemper I would use 2 half stacks just a couple feet apart and although stereo effects were subtle, they were audible almost anywhere somebody could stand. And I had one other trick…. Since I was using an ABY box already for phase and ground loop management I could also choose which amp or amps we’re making sound.

So when I was playing Led Zeppelin’s “What is and what should never be” at the outro I could switch between the 2 amps back and forth as needed to get that famous ping pong of the guitar.

So how do I do it with a Kemper? I have a stereo power amp that I like. I have FR speakers. I would love to be able to have like 20%L-80%R and switch to 80%L-20%R either with a switch or variable via an expression pedal. I’m POSITIVE the capability is there, but how do I do it? I’m sure there are several ways. Which is easiest? Smoothest? How?

Thank you all in advance.

Mark

Hi everyone. My name is Mark. I just ordered a powered head because I want to preserve my cool old amps and still gig with them.

My plan is to use the Kemper for rehearsals and routine gigs and play my vintage amps occasionally and for important shows. That way I can keep the old ones running well and have them for the cool back line when needed. Also I HATE messing with a pedal board, so the Kemper will solve that perfectly.

My Vintage amps that I will for sure profile:

‘62 Vox AC15

‘68 Marshall plexi

‘68 Marshall basketweaves with original T1511s

‘66 Gibson GA20RVT

‘66 Fender Vibrolux-Reverb

‘59 Fender tweed Super-amp 5F4

I have others, but these are the “must haves”. I’m growing concerned about the tweed Super and Plexi which are TOO original. I would like to preserve their sound before I am forced to recap them. I may like how they sound after recapping even more but with a Kemper I’ll have both sounds. I think the Kemper will make the perfect backup and everyday amps for all of my beloved daily drivers.

I can’t wait for it to come. I’ll start another thread(s) with all of my questions. Nice to meet you all!