Posts by ChuteBoxeHero

Question for anyone who is running the powered Kemper into both regular cabs and FRFR powered monitors.... Has anyone developed a preference in terms of overall sound quality of the rig? One thing I've noticed is I definitely prefer the sound of the Kemper powered without the cab block on into a standard unpowered cab. Alternatively I'll run it unpowered into a Friedman ASC-12 using the stock cab the the rig was profiled with. I used it for the first time this past weekend running into Pro tools and back though some really nice monitors and I will say the sound was incredible.

Sorry to derail this one... Figured while we we're kind of on the topic I'd throw it out there.

I've been running my powered Kemper into a Friedman 1x12 closed back with a cream back. Sounds awesome for how I'm using it. I would love to check out the Kemper cab. Just have to find one close by...

I agree with what's been stated above. I have the FRFR 112 and if anything there was far too much low end from it. I'll also add that besides the low end I was never crazy about the sound I got from it in general. I picked up a used Friedman ASC-12 and the difference was night and day. Granted its a fair bit more expensive and weighs a metric ton, I think the sound it produces justifies the price. I keep the volume around noon and keep the low cut turned on and that's it. Just plug in and start playing.

Definitely preview the Artist packs on Rig Manager. Get a feel for who's profiles you like. That'll make spending money on a paid pack less of a gamble. I'll say this regarding paying for profiles... Most companies offered crazy holiday discounts and some are still available. There were a few packs I got for less than $3 with Tone Junkies 90% off discounts. Most of them are worth the full asking price so getting a nice discount makes it even better.

I checked out the free pack with the Milkman profiles and thought they were pretty good. I'm a sucker for anything JCM800 so I picked up the full pack and got everything loaded into the Kemper this afternoon. First impression after a quick spin through all the included profiles.... Very nice. Surprised at how awesome the Silvertone is! The JCM is as good as I had hoped it would be. Definitely a nice variety. Looks like they profiled 70 of his amps so I'd expect plenty more where that came from.

I play Suhr guitars for all my fender fixes

Funny because a Suhr Modern satin has been at the top of my want list for many years. Maybe I should look into a Classic S instead. I Just wish there was somewhere within a couple hundred miles that stocked them so I could sit down and play one.

3 month update... Just a couple of thoughts and observations. Still blown away at how amazing this single piece of gear is. I've played more in the past 3 months than I have in years combined. I just wish I had bought one sooner.

Took major advantage on a lot of black Friday sales from TJ, STL and others. Added about a thousand profiles into Rig Manager. 90% off the Dumble collection? I'll take it. So far they have all been fantastic to play through.

Also wanted to note what a great resource of information and opinion we have with this forum. It's rare to visit a forum or anywhere online where the vast majority of participants are on the same page. It makes it a pleasure to read. So thanks to everyone here and I hope the holidays and new year are a happy time.

I would love to check out a Silver Sky one of these days. A Strat is another guitar I've always struggled to get along with. I'm thinking the PRS take on it might work for me.

Also meant to say how insane the tops are on some of those.... Absolutely stunning.

I owned a CE-24 for a couple years and as hard as I tried, I never felt comfortable with the neck on it for whatever reason. I will say that as far as build quality and overall finish, it was one of the nicer guitars I've ever played. Also had the best sounding coil split from a set of humbuckers that I've heard so far. Fantastic guitar... Just something about that neck.

Interesting. What did you buy?

I believe the brand is Onn and it was if I remember right less than a hundred bucks from Walmart. I was trying to buy a regular windows laptop at the time but it was during the peak of COVID and with all the kids having to home school suddenly, there wasn't a laptop to be found anywhere. Turned out to be a great purchase. Just updated to Windows 11 and RM is still working perfectly.

I had the same problem and ended up buying a cheap Windows based tablet. It runs Rig Manager perfectly as well as handling updates to the Kemper.

Edited to add: I considered the Chromebook route too but unfortunately they will not work in place of a Windows machine.

Gotoh trem and Bareknuckle Holy Diver fitted.

Gave it a road test on Saturday, very happy!!

BayouTexan - Mr Charvel man, does she met your exacting standards? :)

That was a quick turn around on the install! Looks awesome. Reminds me of a couple of old ESP's I have with Floyd's and high output humbuckers. I may have to dust one off and perform a dreaded restring....

I'd highly recommend the Grado SR80 Prestige series. They're fairly inexpensive compared to other pairs I've tried and they sound great with the Kemper. They're a little over $100 last time I checked on Amazon. I looked up the spec and they're 38 ohm. Next to Sony MDR 7506's they are my go to. Definitely sound better than a set of HD380 pros and the B&W P7s which are great for general music playback but have a little too much low end for what I want to hear from the Kemper.

I've had my KPA just shy of a month now and I still get surprised by it every time I plug into it. I was playing silent into headphones after work the other night and was blown away at how good it was sounding. On the weekends it gets cranked a bit into a cab and same thing. Just get lost playing it for hours. I haven't plugged in a different amp since I brought it home. I just wish I had known how good this thing is 10 years earlier!

I just discovered this thread and collection of rigs and while I may be 6 years late to the party, I'm so glad I found it eventually. That Tiny Metal pack.... With the Bogner Ubershall... One of the best high gain rigs I've come across yet. Thanks to the OP and everyone else involved! Can't wait to sample the rest.