Posts by Amcolan

So when I take a rig and import it in and it shows the name of the Amp and Cab, this is the amp/cab that was profiled correct? the cabinet is automatically entered in along with the amp? if I turn off the cabinet block then the profiled cabinet will be disabled? if I choose another IR in the cabinet block then I'm overwriting the profiled cabinet for another cabinet? or am I just combining that profiled cabinet with another IR?

I got my Stage today and now I have the serial number etc. when I signed up with the forum I didn't have that info. How do I get all that info entered in now to be able to get on the private forum?

My Kemper doesn’t arrive until tomorrow so I haven’t had a chance to actually use it yet but one thing still confuses me. If a profile is made using and Amp, cabinet and microphone, then why is there a separate block in the chain to choose a cabinet IR? Wouldn’t that be equivalent to running a cabinet into a cabinet ?

Coming from a fractal modeler I understand the importance of cab IR’s but this confuses me in regards to the Kemper.

What am I missing?

Can any of the performance slot switches be used for turning on and off the effects.? I really only want to use three of them for clean crunch
    and lead.
    I’d rather use the rest of them as instant access switches for turning on and off different effects . Is this possible?

Do the switches on the Kemper stage allow

You to have a function when pressing and when holding ? This feature allowed me to get two separate functions out of each switch on my fractal. Was just wondering if I’ll Be able to accomplish the same with the Kemper stage

Hello All,

I just purchased my first Kemper (stage ). I’ve previously been a fractal user since 2011. I’ve always heard great things and can’t wait to try it out. My main goal has always been getting a great feel of a tube amp why easily being able to dial in a solid tone. I’m primarily a stereo In ear user live. I’ve always had a decent tone over the years but really struggled with the overall feel of a real amp. I’m hoping this will get me closer to what I’ve been searching for.

any good tips or starting points are greatly appreciated.