Posts by Albiful

Subscribed to the thread :)

I'm a Parker owner as well, altough mine has been upgraded with Graphtech Ghost + Hexpander system.

I also have an old Yamaha AG Stomp, which is a great multi-fx unit with built-in IRs (although they didn't exist at the time).

This unit was developed with the goal of making plugged in, piezo-equipped instrument sound as good as a mic'd instrument would sound in a studio.

Here's an in-depth review video

My goal for 2024 is to profile the AG Stomp with the Kemper and see how it compares to the original - which is great, but quite heavy to carry around!

If anybody's interested, let me know and I'll post some demos

I think those are legit from what you describe

I bought two (might sell one soon with its original content), but in total they sold 16

I saw some profiles floating around the internet, it seems someone shared the contents on social media, since then copies have gone viral.
    It is impossible now to know who's got what, and which rigs were tweaked by users to better suit their needs

But looking at the contents of mine I can confirm:
    - the band didn't use performances - their rigs are so articulated that they use browser mode and recall rigs by Midi Messages, sent by controllers on and off stage

- very few reference to songs: they profiled their amps at the settings they liked best, and used them for all their sets

- most profiles date back to 2013, they probably made the big profiling effort when they got them and performed minor tweaks later on

- mine still had factory presets, they probably never used them, but couldn't be bothered to erase them

- my rigs sound great, I doubt that Kemper profiles by a professional sound engineer would sound worse than a V-amp! They are made to sit in the mix in a live situation, that's probably the issue

As the owner of a Parker Fly (solidbody electric fitted with a piezo bridge) I am contemplating several possibilities, as well.

christianbad at the moment I am still using a Yamaha AG Stomp, which is an acoustic preamp designed for instruments fitted with a piezo system.

Would it be possible to capture the AG Stomp with the Kemper, in a similar way to what has been already done with the Dexter and the Aura?

This would prevent me from hauling around another piece of equipment

Thank you everyone, lots of valuable input in this thread!
    Seems like the Kemper bracket is pretty rare, which is something I didn't expect and would have been practical since I already had one.

The Kemper Rack is the obvious choice, but I am really attached to my head, having acquired it from one of my guitar heroes.

I'll have a look at those attachments/shelves! 8)

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of moving all my gear to a rack in order to save some space.

For the moment, I'd like to keep my original Kemper Profiling Head which came with one of these rack adapters.

(I'm using a picture I found online for reference.)

Does anybody know where I can buy a second one/a set of these?

If somebody has a spare one lying around, I'd be interested

Thank you, cheers!

I get dual amps with the new usb feature simply by plugging into my iPhone and running the free TONEX plug-in inside a daw on the phone . For really great flexibility I use an expression pedal to real time adjust the balance in the 2 amps.

WHOA! This is a clever solution which would possibly save me from carrying around two Kempers!

It's a great workaround and deserves a sticky, since dual independent paths is perhaps the most requested feature from users.

Thank you again for the tip! Do you mind if I message you for additional information?

There we go :)

The white head belonged to Matthew Bellamy, I believe this is the first Kemper he received, notice the silkscreen "Master" instead of "Output".

The black head was used by Morgan Nicholls.

Both have been around the world a few times and have a few battle scars, as well as some failed LEDs

(edit: removed pic of certificates as I realized they could be used by others)

Thank you! A great job, appreciate your effort! Would you be so epic to make this available as a Liquid Profile?

Forgive the request, I realize I am a total Kemper noob and I still need to learn how to convert from static to liquid profiles ;(

Did they use cab section or real cab?

When they made the switch, they went full digital.

They run a silent stage and in-ear monitors. You can read an interview with their bass tech here

99% of the profiles in the Kempers had the cab section active. The only exception I found was an "Acoustic" profile which has a cab section but it was turned off, probably because they wanted to go DI without the added filtering (it was an AC30 cab, btw)