Posts by DutchGuitarDude1

The Drive and Fuzz are *very* capable.

With that said, there is something a real King of Tone instills that you can’t quite dial in with the Kemper Drive. It’s so close, no one will notice…..but I still run a KOT and Tumnus Deluxe in the loop.

Yeah. I plan to do that too. A vemuram Jan Ray and a Vemuram Butter Machine in the loop. Are the loops transparent enough for drive pedals?

And I will run a real good fuzz and a Roger Mayer univibe in front.

So I just came home from rehearsal with my blues/fusion trio. I had my my normal pedalboard setup with me featuring the bluguitar amp1.

In the break I tested my Kemper stage. Just to feel and hear how it sounds thru normal guitar poweramp and cabs. Well it was awesome!!

I just tested a few profiles from the CAE OD100 by Big Hairy Profiles, which I just bought. Such great profiles.

Hi, I played with ARION SCH-1 for many years and yes, it can simulate very well the leslie sound. My "leslie" settings are a bit different: Rate at 1 o' clock, depth 3 o' clock, tone at 12 o' clock.

To my ears this is a good approximation of this sound with the kemper : Vintage chorus module with RATE 8,5, DEPTH 5,5, CROSSOVER 50,6 , MIX 100%, DUCKING 0, VOLUME +1 . I generally use this module before the distortion, this can make a difference.

Maybe you could try this setting and let me know if it works for you, there are also other posibilities (for instance Wah frequency shifter) but this could be a stating point

Thx I'll try it out. And yes Leslie before distortion

Hey DutchGuitarDude1,

I use guitar cabs in the rehearsal room only and use FR (Active Kone or any other monitor of the venue) in every other situation, because I am lazy and I like both solutions. In my experiance the range/angle of a guitar cab is not made for the small stages I gig. I would have to be 3-5 meters away and in direct line to the cab to hear myself good and do not annoy anybody else with a compensating loud volumen. So FR is for me the choice for gigs.

With cab sim off in my rehearsal room my 4x12 Marshall 1960 gives the celesion colour to my sounds and I love the sound of it and the moving air of a guitar cab. My bandmades and me found the right spot for the cab and the best volumen. I use the same pofiles for both solutions,

Best regards

Hudi

I use deeflexx. I can hear myself even if i am standing bsides my amp!

I don’t know the pedal but if it is mimicking a Leslie then the Kemper Rotary is probably your best option. You can assign a footswitch to toggle the fast/slow speed if you want.

I know there is a rotary in the kemper. The leslie setting on an Arion SCH-1 just has a specific quality. Its between a chorus and a leslie....I cant get that sound with a standard rotary.

Check the demo I made of the Arion, with that specific settings...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If I use a direct profile, I can add any IR to the FOH outputs?

I am a big Mike Landau fan and we play a lot of his stuff with my trio.

On my pedalboard I use the Arion SCH-1 in leslie settings. Which chorus on the kemper can do this and what settings? Has anyone tried to get such sounds yet?

Welcome and congrats Eric!

How long did you think about it before finally taking the plunge?

Well I still keep my pedalboard built around the Amp1 from bluguitar. This for a cover band and recordings. The Pedalboard will be there for fusion/blues gigs with my own trio.

I tried the stage from my friend a few weeks ago and was surprised! I have quite a big heavy pedalboard, for cover gigs a Kemper is more practical. But who knows, maybe I will make a complete transition in time to the Kemper.