Posts by KeysAndGuitars

This whole discussion confirms for me that a CIOKS DC7 with the CRUX is the right solution. I’m not sure 2 CIOKS ports will reliably power the KPP.

The CRUX supplies 2000mA at 12v and 2700mA at 9v. It’s specifically designed for high-current pedals like the Quad Cortex and the Line6 HX series. The KPP clearly falls into the same category of power consumption.

I own 2 Yamaha FC7 expression pedals (I have 2 Yamaha keyboards).

Is the Mission Engineering better for Wah on a Kemper than the Yamaha? The FC7 is built in typical Yamaha fashion - like a battle tank. But, I understand that the travel is longer, which makes it harder to use a wah effect.

When I’ve rigged up a wah using filters on Virus synth controlled by the FC7, it didn’t feel right. That doesn’t say very much as I’ve never actually used a wah pedal nor a Kemper Profiler. Hence, I’m looking to those with greater experience than mine.

I’ve got a Mission Engineering EP1-KP (in beautiful Kemper green!) on order with my KPP. I’ve got no experience with Kemper at all (unless you count the Access Virus TI2 I got about 18 months ago), and it’s been literally decades since I’ve owned a guitar pedal, other than the Tonex and HeadRush MX5 I’ve had for a few months. I’m just dipping my toes back in the electric guitar “water” since I got a new electric about 1 year ago.

What’s the verdict on the Mission Engineering pedal? Is there a better choice to pair with a KPP? Is this a quality piece of gear?

My experience with the Virus synthesizer, a legend for legions of good reasons, has shown me CK understands musicians’ needs better than virtually any other musical equipment designer in the industry today. I tried a HeadRush MX5 and loved the UI, but found myself endlessly tweaking rigs in search of satisfying guitar tone. Then I ordered a Tonex. With downloaded Amalgam captures of a Vox AC30, I had amazing tone. But, the device doesn’t have enough effects (only compression and reverb) and I find myself wiring it to my Virus to leverage the synth’s effects, and playing through a DI to avoid noise. Neither the HeadRush nor the Tonex feels like a piece of “pro” gear.

The KPP seems just right for my needs - truly an all-in-one solution for incredible guitar tone, built into a small form factor with Kemper-level build quality. I can’t wait to try it. I want a wah pedal of similar grade construction and functionality.

I’ve used a Softstep2 for about four years with my keyboard rig. It’s excellent!

I can imagine using the Softstep2 keys to select KPP rigs and to activate and de-activate effects.

I have years of experience with my keyboards, but none with a Kemper Profiler. I’m curious how others are using Softstep2 with the Kemper Profiler Player and would really appreciate if you would let me know what you’re programming the controller to do on the KPP.

According to what I’ve seen, the power supply included with the KPP is rated 9-12v 1.5 amps. A CIOKS supply like the DC7 using a dual cable may work. as cwkemp said. Each CIOKS outlet is rated 660 mA, so 2 will deliver 1,320 mA. Given that the included power supply is likely conservatively specified, this sounds like it could work.

I’ve taken a conservative approach and ordered CIOKS’ CRUX adapter, which connects to the extension port on the unit and provides 2000 mA at 12v or 2700 mA at 9v. That will easily power the KPP, preserving the rest of the ports on the supply for other gear.

The DC7 is an absolutely first class piece of gear, which I’ve used for several years to power everything from guitar pedals to an Access Virus TI2 Desktop synth and Squarp Hapax sequencer. Can’t recommend highly enough. Yes, it’s expensive, but well worth it.

I’ve got a KPP on order, so I’m joining the Kemper world now (I’ve kind of been here already as I’ve owned a Virus TI2 for more than a year).

I’d like to take advantage of Amalgam’s end of year sale and grab their Vox TB30, Marshal SB100 1968 and Fender BFSR 1968 profile packs. I’ve had great results on my Tonex with Amalgam’s content, and when I get my KPP I’d like to start there. That said, I only want Liquid Profiles.

The site hints that the Vox set includes Liquid Profiles. I can’t find anything indicating whether or not the Marshall and Fender sets also include Liquid Profiles. Does anyone here know?