Posts by KeysAndGuitars

Not everyone who orders a Player has a pedalboard or external effects.

I’ve ordered it as a compact, all-in-one amp replacement and effects unit. Had I not gotten the Player, I may have added an HX Stomp or H90 to my Tonex. Now I’m going to sell the Tonex.

Users like me may want compatibility with Rigs on Rig Exchange more than we need 8 fx slots per se.

I’ve got an AirTurn Bt500S which I’ve programmed to act as a page turner and sustain pedal for a small portable midi controller.

It’s very easy to program the AirTurn pedals to transmit CC and the like. I may try my CME WIDI UHOST in the KPP USB A port. I imagine this would work.

Kellerblues the One Spot may be shy of the 24 watts the KPP is rated for (at the Truetone’s 9v that’s a bit under 2700mA).

Some have reported that KPP’s work with less than 24 watts, and others have said they endlessly power cycle when under powered.

The Truetone seems to be suited for most standard guitar pedals that aren’t power hungry like our KPP’s or a Quad Cortex (will I be hit by Internet lightning for saying that product name here? 8o ).

Answering myself again.

I found this on Thomann:

[LEFT]Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-Adapter 12[/LEFT][LEFT][Blocked Image: https://thumbs.static-thomann.de/thumb//bdbmagic/pics/prod/482907.jpg][/LEFT]

For $9.10 this matches the power requirement of the Player, with a 5.5/2.1mm center-negative barrel. A Thomann buyer’s product review confirms this works for the Quad Cortex, which seems to need the same power as the KPP. His comment is that this is a higher-quality unit for much less than the cost of Neural’s power supply.

I can’t guarantee it will work, but I ordered two so I can find out and have a spare in my bag. At this cost, it’s worth it for a 12v 3000mA supply.

Of course, if your country’s outlets aren’t of the “Europlug” standard, you’ll need a physical adapter.

Can anyone recommend a basic product to power only the Player? It would be nice to find a backup unit that’s higher quality than the included one.

I’ve got a CIOKS DC7 in my keyboard rig, and will power the KPP using the DC7 and a CRUX adapter.

When I’m not sitting in my studio, I’d prefer not to take the CIOKS with me if playing only guitar.

HowardBrown perhaps there’s another reason it sounded good. We forget that our audience doesn’t really care if we’re using a rare 70’s Marshall, a modded AC30 or just a second rate solid state head. They’re usually listening to the musician. I suspect you played really well.

Sometimes even when one reads the manual, the answer is unclear. It’s so nice when this community helps each other. If you’re not in the mood to say anything further than “read the manual,” perhaps you shouldn’t answer.

It sounds like if power isn’t an issue, the Lehle Dual Expression is a very good option.

Still, it’s a tough decision. I complicate everything possible in my keyboards. My rig is built to do anything I could possibly want. Intuition says “with the guitar, keep it simple!”

I’m inclined to stay with the Mission Engineering pedal, so it’s plug and play, no power required.

ckemper you’re deluged with messages about your new product, the KPP. Many are complaining that you haven’t maintained full compatibility between the KPP and the other Profilers. I’m super excited to receive the KPP, even after reading literally mountains of complaining posts. I’m already a member of the “Kemper-verse” because of my Virus TI2 (please, please, please fix the bugs!), but this is my first entry into the world of Profilers, after trying HeadRush and Tonex. After all of my research, I am certain that the KPP will be right for me!

I feel you’ve done a great job designing the hardware for the KPP. It puts your signature tone and functionality in a smaller package. For me, it’s near perfect. I want a single, small-footprint multi-effect and amp/cabinet pedal. I’m very happy to use my iPhone or iPad for Rig Manager. I don’t even mind the limited effects slots and missing effects. Had I kept the Tonex, I would have bought another pedal like the H90, to fill the gaps. Now, I need only one amazing pedal, the KPP.

I am writing because I think that rig compatibility with the big-brother Profilers is very important. Anyone with a Profiler will expect to download their Rigs and play. They will want to use Rigs from Rig Exchange as they are. None of the hardware limitations prevent that, but the missing effects, Performances, Morph, foot switch control options and 2-before and 2-after amp stack effects slot do.

The KPP is already selling like hot cakes. You deserve this success! Even so, there is logic behind the complaints. If I were you, I would enable those missing features as an update, and reserve Profiling for a paid upgrade. Most KPP buyers will use existing or downloaded Rigs and Profiles, and won’t Profile. My two cents, for what it’s worth (less than $.02 for sure).

As an aside, while I’m bugging you, I would greatly appreciate if you could expediate the order from your local distributor, Wild Guitars. I understand they placed it before the holidays, and reportedly paid already.

Cristoph, thanks for kindly considering the opinion of an aspiring amateur who has voted for you with my limited pocketbook and my even-more-precious time!

I’ve got a Player on order. It will be my first foray into Profilers, but not into the Kemper-verse, as I’ve had an Access Virus TI2 for nearly a year and a half. If the KPP works out for me, it will be an upgrade from the Tonex pedal I already own.

For reference, I’m primarily a keyboard player who has returned to the electric guitar in the last year, after not playing that for decades. I’ve never owned a wah pedal. I do own two Yamaha FC7 pedals, which I use with my Yamaha CP4 and YC61 keyboards. They are extremely well built and suitable for keyboard expression use.

Using the modulation matrix on my Virus with the FC7 triggering MIDI CC 11 through a keyboard, I rigged up a wah effect. The FC7’s travel felt too long for an effective wah, which is why I don’t want to use it for wah on the KPP.

Now that I’ve got the KPP on the way, I want an expression pedal for wah. My order from our in-country Kemper distributor includes a Mission Engineering EP1-KP, but now I found the Lehle Dual Expression. There are some significant pros and cons to the Lehle.

Pros

- Magnetic pot - should last forever

- Dual TRS output - control 2 devices with a single pedal (I’ll never be playing both guitar and keyboard simultaneously, so this would work quite effectively)

- MIDI port for easy interface to many devices

- Configurable potentiometer range 5k - 100k

- 10k output works as a latching or momentary switch in the toe position

- Light (half the weight of the Mission Engineering pedal)

- Very robust build quality

Cons

- Costly - $100 more than the Mission Engineering at Sweetwater

- Requires power (maybe the biggest annoyance)

- Light (yes, a pro and a con as a lighter device may move during aggressive use)

- Not plug and play as a wah/volume controller and will require configuration

I’m willing (even happy) to spend the extra money to invest in better quality and higher utility. But, will the Lehle feel like a wah pedal when controlling the KPP? Will the need for power be a real annoyance, when I hoped to have just one device to power for guitar - the KPP?

Can anyone here who has used the Lehle Dual Expression with a Kemper comment on how well it works as a wah controller? Does the travel feel right? Does the light weight make it slide around (I don’t have a pedal board)?

I don’t want to over-engineer my very mini guitar rig. I’m inclined to stay with the EP1, but other Kemper users’ perspective would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I had a very pleasant conversation with Kemper customer service yesterday. Even though I ordered from the distributor in my country and not Kemper directly, I hoped to learn when the shipment would get to us. Apparently our local distributor had already placed and paid for a large order, in anticipation of the KPP’s popularity here.

The Kemper representative told me they do have plenty of units in stock. They are working through the masses of orders, but are challenged administratively as many staff members are sick with the flu.

In other words, be patient. We’ll get our Players.

They are TS and therefore unbalanced. Only the XLR output is balanced.

Disappointing, but we can’t have everything for $699. But then again, the aux outs on the Stage are also unbalanced.

BayouTexan company owner Cristoph Kemper says the Player will not be stable with less than 2000mA. The manual lists the following:

Voltage: 9-12 DC, 24 W, + outside / - inside

Some in this thread have reported success with just under 1500mA. It might work, but then again, it might not.

In my own setup I’ve ordered an accessory for an existing power supply that will produce the requisite 2000mA at 12v (CIOKS DC7 supply with CRUX extender, as shown by jjborsa above).

Why take risks and waste your time with problems? If you’re not going to use the included power supply, I suggest configuring a replacement that delivers 2000mA or greater at 12v.

Coming from the Virus synth side of the world, and with experience as a software executive for decades, I have a very different perspective.

Virus owners would much prefer to have a paid upgrade path for our synth than the current dead status.

It costs money to maintain software (and what is a Profiler or Virus if not a hardware-software system), especially when platforms such as IOS, Windows, MacOS and Android evolve at their own pace and force changes. Expecting a company like Kemper to update their systems forever without a revenue stream is not a workable business model.