Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• Absolutely. Just stating that that opportunity isn't exactly missed yet.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Coming from the Virus synth side of the world, and with experience as a software executive for decades, I have a very different perspective.

Virus owners would much prefer to have a paid upgrade path for our synth than the current dead status.

It costs money to maintain software (and what is a Profiler or Virus if not a hardware-software system), especially when platforms such as IOS, Windows, MacOS and Android evolve at their own pace and force changes. Expecting a company like Kemper to update their systems forever without a revenue stream is not a workable business model.

• not even close to replace the bigger units if you play live.

Pretty sure this is has never been their intention. In fact, judging by the pics I am seeing around, the most enthusiast about the Player are the pedalboard people.
    Of course, considering the Player as a backup solution or as a second channel for a new 2-amp setup is a totally different scenario.

:)

They could have avoided a lot of negative vibe’s especially with a lower price for the Player only model

There things will never change, someone will complain and someone else will be extra-happy about any product. In 20+ years of attending gear-related forums I've never seen a product that did not get its share of criticism. Anyone new in Kemperland please go back to the threads about the original Profiler launch in the reference boards... they are laughable at the least if read today.

Apart from that (the Profiler was a revolutionary product after all), usually the categories are:

• too expensive for what it does, for x00 less it would sell like hot cakes
    • this is crap, it misses this and that functions, with which it would sell like hot cakes
    • can't understand this stupid form factor, had it been A x B it would sell like hot cakes
    • they have missed a great opportunity for creating the be all, end all device. Pity, it would have sold like hot cakes.

Usually, with such a statistic distribution, it means that a given product do sells like hot cakes.

:D

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Pretty sure this is has never been their intention. In fact, judging by the pics I am seeing around, the most enthusiast about the Player are the pedalboard people.

Yes and I know already two where a missing display is even a plus because it looks less digital.
    I would love to have a player that is really just a player for live gigs. Like a smaller stage without any of the buttons to set up the device. A screen, foot switches and maybe a master volume. Like the remote with a build in Kemper.
    And I am not complaining about the price. I know this would cost more.

• Happy New Year!

I can’t recall a new product announcement that has generated as much comment and controversy as the KPP. I’m looking forward to receiving my on-order unit, and to continuing to follow the sturm und drang here and on the other forums I frequent!

• I'm considering purchasing the Player. A small "grab and go" Kemper would be very handy. Best thing about it is that this will not be an impulse purchase since nobody has it in stock. I'll have time to look this one over carefully.

• I have been reading the Player manual and watching various videos as they are being uploaded. I understand that any profile from say the Rig Exchange or any commercial profiler can be loaded into the Player, Liquid Profiles included. My main question is if I have the Player connected to Rig Manager on my PC and I want to select an effect for FX1 or FX2 will I see all of the same effects available that I see when my Toaster is connected to Rig Manager (including my own effects profiles) or is the selection of effects smaller for the Player? I think the latter is true but I am not certain. No transpose will be tough if it is not available. That might even be a deal breaker.

I'll miss the toe switch on my wah pedal but I can adapt to that. Are the available effect parameters of the wah the same as what is available on the wah in the Toaster? If I can't load my own wah preset but I can tweak the Player preset to match it that would work. Wah is a big deal to me.

I just watched John's reviews of the Player on the "Play And Trade Guitars" channel on YT and that pretty much sold me on it. Excellent walk through and play through.

• I have been reading the Player manual and watching various videos as they are being uploaded. I understand that any profile from say the Rig Exchange or any commercial profiler can be loaded into the Player, Liquid Profiles included.

They can be loaded but maybe don't work as expected. There are many effects missing at the Player. For example I don't think any of the Kemper Legends Tribute Profiles from the 4 collections would work the same way since they are using the studio Equalizer plus other effects.
    Also be sure that the Player does not have performances.
    In the posting #115 you will find a list of the effects that are included.

• I have been reading the Player manual and watching various videos as they are being uploaded. I understand that any profile from say the Rig Exchange or any commercial profiler can be loaded into the Player, Liquid Profiles included. My main question is if I have the Player connected to Rig Manager on my PC and I want to select an effect for FX1 or FX2 will I see all of the same effects available that I see when my Toaster is connected to Rig Manager (including my own effects profiles) or is the selection of effects smaller for the Player? I think the latter is true but I am not certain. No transpose will be tough if it is not available. That might even be a deal breaker.

I'll miss the toe switch on my wah pedal but I can adapt to that. Are the available effect parameters of the wah the same as what is available on the wah in the Toaster? If I can't load my own wah preset but I can tweak the Player preset to match it that would work. Wah is a big deal to me.

I just watched John's reviews of the Player on the "Play And Trade Guitars" channel on YT and that pretty much sold me on it. Excellent walk through and play through.

Transpose is available at Rig Menu level but not as a Stomp.

• Also be sure that the Player does not have performances.
    In the posting #115 you will find a list of the effects that are included.

10-4. I saw that post. Looks like Transpose is MIA in the Player but then there was a post right after that saying it was there. Getting definitive info from this thread is dodgy. Thanks for the clarification.

• 10-4. I saw that post. Looks like Transpose is MIA in the Player but then there was a post right after that saying it was there. Getting definitive info from this thread is dodgy. Thanks for the clarification.

As the previous post said, you can set transpose for the whole rig but not by using a pitch shifter/transpose stomp

• Here are two of the Kemper Legends Tribute Profiles. The Steve Vai and the Kim Thayil.
    One with the Stage and the other one how it looks with the Player.
    They do sound different (and with the Kim Thayil profile you are missing morph where the distorted part is so you just get 1/2 of the sound)
    I guess he biggest problem if you hear those sounds on Youtube and hope to get them with the Player you don't even know why they sound different because you have no idea what is missing.

• Does anyone underestand how this works?

The PROFILER Player offers four virtual effect button nodes labeled as Effect Buttons I-IIII.

You can assign the on/off state of one or more effect modules (A, B, DLY, REV) to a single Effect Button. Another

Effect Button could be assigned to “Action&Freeze” functions to, for instance, toggle the speed of a Rotary Speaker

or to activate Freeze within a TwoTap Delay. These assignments could vary by Rig.

Each of these virtual Effect Buttons I-IIII can then globally be linked to one of the three foot switches,

I assign any of the 3 switches to Effect button II or III and they do nothing. Effect buttons I and IV correctly turn on/off for the A block and the reverb block no matter which footswitch I assign them too, but thats it, II and III dont. Also the 1+2 and the 2+3 footswitch options are permanantly greyed out for me. Can't assign them. Am I missing something?

Created a thread

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().

• Official Post

I can’t recall a new product announcement that has generated as much comment and controversy as the KPP. I’m looking forward to receiving my on-order unit, and to continuing to follow the sturm und drang here and on the other forums I frequent!

Really?
    The PROFILER Head, Rack and Stage all received more than their fair share of internet drama when they were announced. ;)