Posts by Guitartone

Btw, the music in the intro graphics for Foxglove Studios was also the Kemper, same 69 Marshall Profile with gain turned down a little.

How about the tone at 3:00 on the video when the lead on the Wine Red LP Custom comes in, that tone freaked my mind out, it has that glassy mid Dumble tone, even though it's a 69 Marshall. :)

Hi guys

Lot's of hard hours went into this "in the studio" video demo.

Took a Kemper into a friends studio, he's a guitarist, engineer, producer, and video producer/editor, etc, etc.

Anyway he's a Les Paul into Marshall man, that's his tone, been micing Marshalls in his studio for 20 odd years...but he doesn't like spending hours looking for tones, he wants a sweet Marshall tone quick and just wants to get on with recording.

So I was a bit worried because I thought I'd be going through a hundred Profiles looking for the one that made him smile, took less than a minute and I landed up on Michael Britt's 69 Marshall 50 using the Tokais being demoed in the video....he smiled and said that's it I love it, and that one Profile was used on the entire session.

There's also a clean rhythm guitar playing through the track, that's Michael's Princeton Reverb Profile.

Some friends of mine also played on the session, Larry Rose on drums and Dave Sharp on Hammond C3, we mic'd the Hammond's Leslie with two SM57s.

My good friend Peter Hanmer is the studio owner, so of course he composed the song, played guitars and bass, plus produced all the graphics, the video, etc, etc.

Please, don't watch this on a smartphone, the bigger the screen the better and it deserves a good audio system....play loud! :)

Enjoy!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks guys.

The entire audio for the video has been completed, it sounds totally amazing.

We used the M.Britt 69 for three minutes of lead for the song and the final one and a half minutes is one of Tim Owens BE100.

Also some cleans using a Britt Princeton.

With the Britt 69 we increased presence by two LEDs and lowered Gain by one LED...lol, not much tweaking needed.

We've also got a vintage Hammond C3 on the track which is mind blowing. ..mic'd the Leslie with two SM57s.

Will have to get permission to share the audio. :)

We'll start working on the video as soon as my new shipment of Tokais arrives from Japan in a day or two.

Took a Kemper to a friends studio today to prepare for an upcoming video demo of some Tokais and the Kemper.

He's the Line 6 Ambassador in SA so he has a Helix in his studio.

When he heard the M.Britt 69 Marshall using one of his Tokai LPs he was pretty blown away so he recorded a quick clip.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My latest is actually a 2006 Tokai SC-2 60th Anniversary model no more in production.

Actually, it's been lying in my storage cupboard for a few years, I kind of forgot abbout it but restored it to it's original beauty with a good polish and now it's my favorite guitar.

I've been begging Tokai to re issue this model for a few years now, but no luck so far, hopefully they start producing it again soon.

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/d_zpsexarwbas.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/a_zpsrj39t730.jpg]

Well said.

I love the one about how the G string always goes out of tune on a LP, bla bla. :)
    Well, about 690 Tokai LPs later since 2009 and never a G string going out of tune as long as the nut slots are correctly filed. :)

I haven't read all the comments.

Have you done or posted a recording just using the Kemper Main Outs into your soundcard?

Something is horribly wrong with a setting you might have on your Kemper or your soundcard or your recording software.