Posts by Mats_Nermark

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the profile. Will have a go at it this weekend.

I see Toneclone's method has taken a hold here. :D

Use it while you can because soon he may take out a patent on it and then it's only Behringer who can clone it. :wacko:

Cheers,

Mats N

Hey,

Just realized that I often go to the Exchange to download profiles without paying proper respect to the creators nor saying thank you. And my Mama raised me to be a polite boy. I blame lack of time.

So I hereby say thank you to all the creators for giving to the community.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I've spoken at length with CK about this and he sent me some drawings to hear my views. I can't comment without violating the NDA except to say that I think it looks good, it will have a tuning display, it will be a two way communication device and you will be able to switch the stomps and fx from it.

Oh, and one more thing. I want one too! 8)

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Jeff,

You're welcome! Happy to help a fellow Happy Kemper. :)

I do, however, think you are mistaken about the RCF NX10 as I have never gigged with one.
    I did try a pair of RCF (can't remember model name) at a rehearsal once that worked OK.

Cheers,

Mats N

Wow April? Thats a long wait. Is it because you are overseas? Im having a slight issue with mine, that I havent been able to figure out yet. Its not a big deal, but a little frustrating. I know its a setting I just dont have right yet, but I cant get the IA's to follow the Kemper stomps when switching presets. i have IA's set to global. In other words, when I switch to a preset, none of the midi raider's IA's "light" up even when a stored preset has an active stomp. If I press the switch, the stomp goes off (like its suppose to), then when I turn it back on, the IA DOES light up. Id like to have it reflect what the KEmper state is. Also, when I unplugged it for the first time yesterday, and plugged it back in, all of my presets were gone. It switched to 15 bank mode, instead of what I had it set to (5 bank mode). So, its definitely user error. I just need to figure it out. Maybe I can get it all work out by April lol. Otherwise YOU may be helping ME lol!

These issues come with putting together a whole new rig. I have to learn the Kemper, the Midi Raider, The RCF NX10, the Mission SP2, etc. Ill get it all straight....eventually!

Hi,

I spoke to the Rocktron guys at NAMM. This is basically the All Access in a new and less expensive casing.

It is NOT a two way communication device. It will not reflect the state of the KPA. You can, however, quite easily set each preset to reflect the state of the KPA.

1. Make sure you have the MIDI CC number on the Raider set to match the stomps and the fx on the KPA

2. Select the preset on the Raider

3. Look at the KPA and see what fx and stomp buttons are active

4. Step on the Raider switches that corresponds to the active effect so the LEDs light up.

5. Step on the Raider 2nd switch (top left)

6. Step on the STore switch (top right)

7. Done

8. Repeat for each preset

It can be sort of tedious but once it's done, you're set.

Happy playing!

Mats N

Thanks Mats, I have a scary similar one that I did with the profile of the Fuchs blackjack, need to post it this night.
    I would really love if you would make some profile of the Ethos alone using the speaker emulated output, swapping the cab afterwards with the Fuchs ODS cab should be interesting....only if you have time... :D

It has been my plan all along to profile the pedals I own that include a simulated output. The Ethos and the Blackstar HT-Dual. I have profiles of both into my amp and into the GS-10 but I thought I would take some time to do just the pedals to use as you describe. I have great hopes for the HT-dual into some of Tills cabinets!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

For many years I have used an old Boss GS-10 for recording direct. I have very often augmented the signal chain with a pedal or two when I've been looking for a certain sound. One combination I really have used and liked is a Ethos into the GS-10.

I have always admired Larry Carlton and this combination has allowed me to approach his sound. So I profiled this setup and have posted the result in the Exchange with the name MN GS DWC Ethos OD1.

If you want to hear a musical example of what the original combination sounded like you can listen here:
    http://nermark.articulateimage…Worth_The_Wait_071027.mp3
    http://nermark.articulateimage…ck/My_New_Ride_100729.mp3

Comments are welcome!

I have a few variations of this setup if you want more.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Paco,

First of all a BIG thank you for the RoomOne clean profile. That just soooo beautiful and so incredibly dynamic. I think this profile really cracked the secret of dynamics when going direct. That profile is actually more dynamic than very many really good tube amps. It has created a addictive streak in me. Just want to get home and play. :thumbup: Can you tell me some more about that amp?

So to your question. I profiled that early on in the beta stage, before I really came up with how to name profiles so I'm not sure. I do know it was NOT the crunch mode. Probably Smooth. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Cheers,

Mats N

Thanks Mats. I haven't tried any of your first set because there were so many and didn't know where to start. Three is much more manageable for starters.

Hi Professor,

Yes, the original numer of profiles was quite daunting so I get your point. I will post some more at intervals so it will be easier to time manage them.

I also have app 40 new ones not yet posted anywhere.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I have just uploaded 3 profiles to the Exchange.

Those of you who already have my first batch of profiles already have these but for those who don't, there they are.

The first two were created for a specific reason. When I play live I usually gig a Traynor YCV-40 combo. It's portable, has a great clean sound and works well with most pedals on my pedal board. So I wanted to profile the amp and see if I could use the profiles in the KPA together with my pedalboard.

The profile MN T Cped 57C 335 I use with set neck style guitars with humbuckers and MN T Cped 57C Tyl I use with bolt-ons.

MN T Ecs MG1 57C 335 is one profile of many I made to see how well the KPA could capture the amp with an OD pedal in front. In this case it's a Wampler Ecstasy set to mid gain and it works well with my 335 style guitar to get a smooth sort of dynamic bluesy sound. If you like this one, I can post more pedal+amp profiles. I have many but I don't want to swamp the Exchange.

Comments welcome!

Mats N