Posts by Burkhard

I might not understand your question. There are no Performances in Browser Mode. You can assign 128 Program Changes to 128 Rigs in your Browse Pool and load these via MIDI. If the assigned MIDI PC# is received, the Rig gets loaded independent of View and Sort by. However, I think Performance Mode is the better choice.

I suggest you read the chapter MIDI in the Main Manual which explains, what can be controlled remotly in Browser Mode and in Performance Mode in great detail.

ad 1.) Ja, die Anordnung im Browser-Modus wird durch "View" und "Sorted by" bestimmt. Dies steht dazu in Das Große Handbuch:

Auf/Ab-Taster (1)

Im Performance-Modus kann man mit diesen Tastern durch die Liste der Performances navigieren. Ein kurzes Antippen blättert jeweils zur nächsten Performance. Bei Halten der Taster wird durch die Performances gescrollt. Der Parameter Performance Load im System-Menü bestimmt, ob anschließend sofort ein Slot (z. B. Slot 1) der ausgewählten Performance geladen wird oder ob man noch mit einem der fünf Rig-Taster einen Slot aktivieren muss.

Im Browser-Modus können Sie mit diesen Tastern gemäß der ausgewählten View und Sort Order-Kriterien durch die Rigs des Browse Pools blättern bzw. scrollen. Mit der Option „Group of 5/Single Rig“ auf der Seite Remote Settings im System-Menü bestimmen Sie, ob die Auf/Ab-Taster im Browser-Modus einzeln durch die Rigs blättern oder in Gruppen zu jeweils fünf Rigs.

üDie Funktionen der Auf/Ab-Taster lassen sich auf der Seite „Remote Buttons“ vertauschen, die man über „Button Assignments“ auf der Seite Remote Settings im System-Menü erreicht.

üBeim PROFILER Stage finden Sie dieselben Einstellungen auf der Seite User Interface 2 im System-Menü.

Rig-Taster 1-5 (2)

Mit diesen Tastern lädt man im Performance-Modus Slots. Im Browser-Modus werden die Rigs aus dem Browse Pool unter Berücksichtigung des eingestellten Views und der eingestellten Sortierung („Sort Order“) aufgerufen. Durch wiederholtes Betätigen kann man mit diesen Tastern das Morphing steuern.

ad 2.) Wenn man alle aktuellen Effekt-Module mit einem anderen Stack verheiraten möchte, gibt es beim Stage zwei Möglichkeiten. Entweder lockt man die acht Effekt-Module. Das funktioniert natürlich auch mit sieben, sechs, fünf .... beliebigen Modulen. Diese Module bleiben dann beim Rig-Wechsel "verriegelt". Oder man nutzt die Funktion "Selective Browse". Dazu holt man den Stack in den Fokus (beim Stage gleichzeitig AMP und CAB drücken). Dann dreht man am BROWSE-Regler während oben "From Rigs " ausgewählt ist. Jetzt zieht man sich die Stacks aus anderer Rigs im Browse-Pool, während alle Effekt-Module und der Input stehen bleiben.

Found this on page 5 of the Voodoo Lab Hex manual on the web:

Use with Other MIDI Controllers You can use HEX with any controller capable of sending MIDI Program Change or Control Change messages.

To do this, you must setup HEX to respond to the appropriate MIDI messages.

Saving and Recalling Presets You can save and recall preset loop combinations using MIDI Program Change (PC) messages. Set HEX to respond to PC messages (SETUP: Enable MIDI Messages). HEX will use MIDI channel 1 by default. Make sure HEX and your MIDI controller are both set to the same channel.

1) Select the program number with your MIDI controller that you want to create. This will send the PC message to HEX.

2) Set the HEX loops to the desired combination.

3) Press HEX buttons #1 and #6 at the same time. The LEDs will blink to confirm that you saved the preset.

Now whenever HEX receives this PC message, it will recall your loop settings.

So, you can load a loop ensemble via one program change. What needs to be done on the PROFILER side is explained in the Main Manual, section "MIDI", paragraph "Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode".

Da ich berufsbedingt einen guten Überblick habe, welche Möglichkeiten es gibt, den PROFILER fernzusteuern, muß der Hinweis doch erlaubt sein, wenn ich lese, dass sich jemand einen Footcontroller kaufen will, der gegenüber anderen verfügbaren Geräten nur Nachteile hat. Man kauft sich ja ein Gerät nicht primär, um etwas zu lernen, sondern damit es seinen Zweck erfüllt. ;)

You need to narrow in,

if this is an issue of the output signal (OUTPUT LED flickering, relevant output volumes at intended level)

or the input signal (is the INPUT LED reflecting your playing).

Is anything else in the signal chain e. g. in an effect loop and is that equipment functional?

Have you checked guitar and cable?

Are any pedals and switches connected for example an expression pedal to control volume, at which level is the bar of the Volume Pedal in System Settings when the issue happens. What if you disconnect that pedal....

Or is MIDI equipment involved.

Darf ich diese Entscheidung mal hinterfragen?

Ich verstehe, wenn jemand, der sich mit MIDI gut auskennt und der eine ganze Armada von Geräten synchron fernsteuern möchte, sich gegen eine PROFILER Remote entscheidet. Da könnte man z. B. ein Modell der Mastermind GT-Reihe nehmen, welches mit dem PROFILER bi-direktional kommunizieren kann.

Ich verstehe auch, wenn jemand sagt: "Der Preis für eine Remote übersteigt mein Budget, ich entscheide mich daher für ein Behringer FCB1010 mit Chip-Tuning von Unop4Kemper oder Eureka, welche bi-direktionale Kommunikation mit dem PROFILER ermöglichen. Da habe ich auch fast Plug & Play und zwei Pedale sind schon an Bord."

Selbstredend verstehe ich auch, wenn Leute eine optimal integrierte Plug & Play-Lösung suchen, die sich nicht mit MIDI-rumschlagen möchten. Dafür gibt es die Remote.

Warum will man sich aber ein MIDI-Bord kaufen, welches nach meiner Kenntnis mit dem PROFILER nicht bidirektional kommunizieren kann, welches etwa so teuer ist wie eine Remote, wenn man sich erst noch von Grund auf in MIDI einarbeiten muss?

Check if there are those three folders on your USB memory stick: Shared, Backups, OS Update.

If yes, store the backup file in folder "Backups".

Then perform the restore.

If not, make sure you still have a copy of that backup archive in your PC.

Plug USB memory stick into PROFILER and select USB Stick/Format Device.

Then copy the backup archive from PC to USB memory stick into folder "Backups".

Then perform restore.

Sometimes USB sticks have "hickups" independent of the device you plug these in. This happened to me with an USB stick that had always worked and suddenly was not accepted by my PC anymore, while it still worked with my wife's PC.

I'm juggling with probably a dozen different USB memory sticks (different brand and different size) and remember I had once an issue with a fresh USB stick I received from another company. Some marketing material had been stored on it. I reformatted this stick on my PC with FAT32 and since then it's working.

I hear, Apple users need to make sure to safely unmount USB sticks from their MACs. I never use this function on my Windows PC.

The first time you plug a USB memory stick into the PROFILER, it creates three folders: Shared, Backups, OS Update. Backups are stored in the folder "Backups" and the restore searches there. If that folder doesn't exist, the restore might not work. There is no need to wipe this structure and data out for an upgrade or downgrade. It sounds like you destroyed this structure.

"Plugged the USB stick into my computer and dragged the file out of the USB stick. Downgraded my KEMPER to 7.1.5 then emptied out the USB file. Dragged the backup to the USB stick and put it back in the KEMPER...."

Not clear, why you did all that!?

If you created a backup on your USB stick under a beta OS, you should simply downgrade. As soon as you plug in the USB stick under 7.1.5 release or just leave it plugged, you are able to restore the backup. PROFILER backups created under any 7 revision are compatible and USB sticks once acquainted to a PROFILER don't need reformatted.