Posts by Burkhard

Hardware kann schon einfach mal so ausfallen. Das geschieht statistisch häufiger zu Beginn der Nutzung sowie nach etlichen Jahren Nutzung durch Verschleiß (Badewannenkurve).

What we are saying is that many of us like modulation effect to be random rather than synced to musical divisions. It’s really a VERY common way of using phaser, flanger, uni-vibe etc. While we might want our delays in time we DON’T want our modulation effect synced. Syncing mod effects often ends up being super cheesy while the constantly changing musical relationship of a fixed mod time adds a much cooler vibe.

I guess, you don't mean "random", because if you would, Rate following TAP would be no issue.

Why can't you set your Rate at an uneven note value, while the delay is set even for example? Even if both follow bpm, there could be odd patterns.

How are you setting up your sounds? Do you have a sound for a specific musical scene e. g. at 120 bpm and then intervene to finetune to 118 bpm live? Or do you have universal sounds and use TAP to vary bpm perhaps between 60 and 200 bmp?

Ich denke, ein einfaches Behringer FCB1010 kann das ab Werk. Man legt einfach zehn Presets an, in denen es keine Program Changes gibt, sondern nur jeweils eine Control Change. 8 Effekt-Module + TAP + TUNER = 10. Das ist preiswerter als das Mongoose und man hat zusätzlich noch zwei Pedale z. B. für Volume und Morph/Pitch/Wah.

Ich bezweifle allerdings, dass es einen Amp-Sound gibt, der mit allen denkbaren Kombinationen von acht "starren" Effekten stets brauchbar ist. Erfahrungsgemäß läßt man einen Teil der Effekte sowieso eingeschaltet, einen weiteren Teil benutzt man nur kombiniert, und andere kombiniert man nie, sondern nutzt sie nur im Wechsel. Für diese praktisch nutzbaren Effekt-Kombinationen reichen die vier Effect Buttons der Remote normalerweise aus. Und dann hat man ja noch Morphing, was tiefere Eingriffe in die Parameter erlaubt und nicht nur an/aus.

Are they ever going to address the tap tempo effect on modulation speed? you can choose to follow tap or not with the delays, why in the world have they still not created that option for modulations as well? Totally insane! You set up for ex a Van Halen phase at correct speed and as soon as you hit tap to change delay time, you are screwed. Fractal took care of this years ago. C'mon guys! This feature should be a no brainer!

I must admit, I don't understand, how you work.

You can activate Tempo and set bpm plus the intended phaser and delay times in note values - both independently - upfront and store the Rig that way.

If then during a live performance the bpm deviate from your stored value, you can adjust using the TAP button. Phaser and delay would maintain their timing relation. Why would you want to apply this live bpm correction to delay and not the phaser?

Sorry, I'm lost.

Is this related to D and X or DLY and REV or all modules?

Is it the initial state of the modules, that isn't reflected correctly by Uno4Kemper? Are you using two functional MIDI cables and the correct MIDI channel settings?

Or is the PROFILER not switching correctly or not the expected modules, when Uno4Kemper sends on/off commands?

Is the issue generic or specific to one Rig or Performance?

If this is related to DLY and REV only, I suggest to load that Rig in question, toggle the on/off status manually two times, store again as intended, and try again.

Erstens kann der PROFILER viele Amps sein: Mal ein Fender, mal ein Marshall, mal ein Diezel usw.. Bei welchem klassischen Röhrenamp sind schon alle vorhandenen Kanäle perfekt? In der Regel können die Amps höchstens eine Sache richtig gut. Der PROFILER erlaubt es hingegen, sich zu jedem Sound über alle musikalischen Genres hinweg nach eigenem Geschmack den absolut besten Amp rauszusuchen. Diese Variabilität bei gleichzeitiger klanglicher Authentizität ist ein Riesenvorteil.

Und dann hat man alle Effekte mit an Bord: Hall, Wah, Overdrive, Phaser, Delay usw.. Alles in einem Gerät perfekt integriert und mit einem einzigen Knopfdruck abrufbar. Diese "all in one" Integration samt der Qualität der Effekte ist ein weiterer Riesenvorteil.

Wenn ich Dich aber richtig verstehe, nutzt Du nur eine einzige Amp-Simulation und keine Effekte im PROFILER!? Wäre da der eine originale Röhrenamp nicht preiswerter?

Then it should not show up in official firmware menus ! :) see attached.

nevertheless, mine had frozen before even trying usb keyboard. I'll open up a ticket next time it happens.

I don't see it in any of our release revisions. I'd like to know, which official OS your are using. Please send a picture of the last page of System Settings.

Given your settings, it should work and it works here under OS 6.0. I tested Front INPUT as well as ALTERNATIVE INPUT.

Check Volume Pedal level.

The Remote is a remote control and not part of the audio signal chain.

Check, that you are really using the intended output and Output Source and no effect loop is engaged while no external equipment attached … the usual suspects.

Try other Rigs, change mode…. to narrow in.

Thanks for chiming in Burkhard

What about the "Controller, Value"? I tried that method, and it moves to the correct Performance, but only waits for input to select the slot. No matter how I set the "System settings" for perf.load, I can't get it to choose default slot 1, or keep slot. Only "Pending" works.

Any ideas?

CC# 47 works exactly as described in the Main Manual. It is dedicated to "Pending". In order to immediately load a Slot the combination of bank select LSb and program change is available.

From the Main Manual table:

Values 0-124 preload Performance 1-125, if “Performance Load” is set to “Pending”. One of the CCs #50-54 then loads one of the Slots, if this Slot is enabled.

It's the same under iOS. You establish a MIDI connection inside Bandhelper.

If you intend to load a particular Slot immediately, use the standard method, which is a combination of MIDI bank select LSB and program change. That's what I do. Details can be found in the Main Manual chapter MIDI.