Posts by Burkhard

The Remote is plug and play and doesn't send MIDI/NRPN. With NRPN you control the exact parameter as is in System Settings. Its range is -12dB - 0 dB.

Looper Volume is a global parameter in System Settings, which cannot be morphed. Only continuous Rig parameters can.

However, Looper Location and Looper Volume can be controlled via NRPN. Details can be found in the MIDI Parameter Documentation available on the download page.

I don't think your quote is from the Uno4Kemper manual. With the standard Behringer FCB1010 or standard UnO chip that might be possible, but not with Uno4Kemper.

With Uno4Kemper you can select the pedal assignments and response curves globally. Uno4Kemper gives up this whole patch memorizing logic, because 625 Slots in Performance Mode exceed the 100 patches the Behringer can deal with.

It would be nice feature request for KPA FW or RM Editor to have option to swap Morph-Base states in given Rig. This would require simple swapping 2 blocks of rig data.

Yes, we have this on our list of future enhancements. But this is just a matter of convenience. You can achieve the same result today by manually dialing in the base and morph values of parameters to be morphed. This doesn't make the toe position of your pedal the starting point. Base Sound is always the starting point and at heel.

If the pedal range of the Morph Pedal could be reversed, how would this work with "MorphPedal to Pitch" and "MorphPedal to Wah"? Should these also work in reverse mode?

And if you could set this by Rig, what are the implications for "MorphPedal to Wah" and "MorphPedal to Pitch" then? How do you manage to remember, in which case Morphing works upwards and downwards? Is it meaningful to share such a preference with other users via Rig Exchange, which might not even use a Morph Pedal?

I think, this would be adding significant complexity and cause for confusion. Why can't you get used to the Base Sound being always the starting point at heel?

I didn’t realise how frustrating the ability to save multiple things with the same name was until recently. I found a situation where I forgot that I had already used a name before. Then I forgot again. So I now have 3 or four totally different presets with the same name X(X(X(X(X(

Pragmatic approach: load those presets one by one, store just new ones and give them meaningful and intuitiv names. Then delete the old ones. This might take a couple of minutes.

In 5.7 I suggest to start the preset name with the abbreviation of the effect type as shown in the signal chain on the display. This is what we do with our factory presets. This avoids, that you end up with five presets named "Slow", but "PHA Slow", "TREM Slow", "ROT Slow".... In that example you just need to insert "PHA" and others editing the preset names while you store new presets. This also makes sure, that presets related to the same effect type are grouped together in the alphabetic preset list.

Or you wait for 6.0, which automatically lists the presets by effect category and type...

Each Rig is loaded with its Base Sound. I don't really understand, why you set up your intended starting sound as Morph Sound!? Why can't you set it up as Base Sound? Your Base Sound is your starting sound. You are free to increase or decrease Gain and other continuous parameters from there.

The base sound is always associated with the heel position of the pedal and the morph sound is always associated with the toe position of the pedal. Having that said you can morph parameters in both directions. Gain could be higher at heel and lower at toe position.

Electro Harmonix offers an expression pedal which allows to reverse its pedal range. That way toe becomes heel and vice versa. That might be a solution for you.

Normalerweise lässt man das CAB Modul immer an, damit man stets einen Sound inklusive Lautsprechersimulation zum Mischpult, In-Ear oder DAW schicken kann.

Um speziell die Gitarrenbox mit einem Signal ohne Lautsprechersimulation anzusteuern, aktiviert man "Monitor Cab. Off" in der Output-Sektion. Das gilt unabhängig davon, ob man einen PROFILER mit eingebauter Endstufe besitzt und die Gitarrenbox aus dessen SPEAKER OUTPUT ansteuert oder ob man am MONITOR OUTPUT (mono) oder MONITOR OUTPUT+DIRECT OUTPUT ("Monitor Stereo") eine externe Endstufe betreibt, um ein bzw. zwei Gitarrenboxen anzusteuern. Es spielt auch keine Rolle, ob man Merged-Profile oder Studio-Profile spielt.

Wenn man über lineare Boxen abhören möchte, die am MONITOR OUTPUT (mono) bzw. MONITOR OUTPUT+DIRECT OUTPUT (Monitor Stereo)angeschlossen sind, nimmt man das Häkchen bei "Monitor Cab. Off" raus.

Even 0.3m patch cables are sufficient, if you connect to the sockets on the same side as you place the pedal.

The TS-cable is only required, if you want to use the toe switch.

We have no evidence, what's causing more or less wear. Do you normally leave all your electronic gear up and running? I switch my PROFILER units off.

Be aware, that "Polarity: Normal" is referring to an opening switch: the contact is closed while it is idle. A closing switch requires the setting "Polarity: Inverse".

For most switching functions it doesn't matter that much. If you select wrong polarity, a module might change its on/off-status when you release the button instead of when you hit the button. You might not even notice the difference. But in combination with the Looper wrong polarity could lead to crap scenarios e. g. two buttons being interpreted as hold simultaneously.

I cannot detect any issues with the Looper under 5.7.5. Both buttons work on the Remote. I also find no issues with external buttons, BUT you need to select the appropriate polarity for those buttons in the menu. The control of the Looper requires, that the PROFILER senses correctly when a button is hit and when it is released. Wrong polarity turns this logic around. The PROFILER thinks the button is released when it is actually hit, it is hit when it is actually released and it is hold while it is actually idle. Garbage in garbage out.

The looper has been designed for the Remote, which offers six buttons with specific looper functionality plus a specific looper screen plus LEDs to indicate the status of the looper. We added these basic functions for external buttons based on user request. Users need to decide if this is useful for them.

That is not possible and would raise the question what to do with existing Effect Button assignments, which could partly or completely refer to modules of the Effects Section.

Example: In your Stomps Section preset you have an assignment of module B to Effect Button II. You load this Stomps Section preset into a Rig, where the Effect Button II originally has an assignment to module B, too, but in addition assignments to module X and DLY and Freeze. Suddenly loading your Stomps Section preset has side effects on the Effects Section. We try to stay away from this rat hole.