Posts by Burkhard

I don't see any technical connection between switching on that mixing desk being connected to one of the Main Outs and the signal at the Monitor Out. So, I would not draw that conclusion without further verifications. Unfortunately, your "trouble shooting process" didn't include a lot of trouble shooting:-)

Have you verified what happens, if you disconnect the XLR cable from the Main Output or switch off the mixing desk?
    Was perhaps phantom power switched on at the mixing desk?
    Have you checked the cable between Monitor Out and QSC K12? The Monitor Output isn't balanced, so a TS cable would be sufficient.
    Have you checked the gain settings at the QSC?
    Have you checked grounding? Which ground lifts were activated at that time?

Every combination of these two devices I could think of is an expensive crutch. Profile you amplifier, if you like its tone, then sell it and acquire a powered monitor instead. Then use the Profiler (with that powered monitor) as your all in one device.

Just in case ... if the external device is looped in via a Profiler Effect Loop, you could switch on/off the Effect Loop within the Profiler using one of the Remote Effect Buttons.

Have you read my explanation above related to the two phases? You never need a reamping box and the cable connections stays always:

Guitar -> Profiler Front Input
    Profiler S/PDIF Out -> Soundcard S/PDIF Input
    Soundcard S/PDIF Output -> Profiler S/PDIF Input

While you record the dry signal (phase 1) you select Input Source "Front Input" and Output Source "Git / Master...." for the S/PDIF Out. Two mono signals. Yes, during this phase the processed signal is only mono, but this is not the signal for your final recording. It's just for monitoring purposes while you record the dry guitar. And if you think, mono is not sufficient for your personal monitoring during this phase, then you could connect headphones or powered monitor speakers directly to the Profiler during this phase.

Later while you reamp (phase 2) you select Input Source "SPDIF Input Reamp" and Output Source "Master Stereo" for the S/PDIF Out. Now you feed the dry guitar recording into the Profiler and receive a processed stereo signal in return. This is the core reamping process resulting in the final processed recording in stereo, which you can repeat as often as your like.

The Reference Manual includes a step by step roadmap.

The idea of reamping is that it has two phases:

1. you record your guitar dry and just need a monitor signal with an interim sound to control your playing
    2. you reamp and try to modify the sound settings; you repeat this phase until you have found the optimum; this delivers the final result which gets recorded

If you expect to have the final result immediately after you played the guitar, there is no need for reamping. In general, S/PDIF lines offer only two channels. During phase 1 one channel is occupied by the dry guitar. Consequently, the interim monitor sound can only be in mono. Alternatively, you could monitor using analog stereo outputs e. g. headphones connected to the Profiler. During phase 2 - the real reamping - you should then switch the S/PDIF Output Source to "Master Stereo", so that your final recording will be stereo.

By the way the Reference Manual includes a specific chapter "Reamping". This mono "restriction" during phase 1 is explicitly covered there.

The "M" marks only continuous parameters that are prepared to morph between two values. So the "M" could for example appear on Panorama in the Rig Settings and nowhere else within a Rig. On the page "Morph" in the Rig Settings you get an idea, which Module currently includes morphed parameters.

I just try to find an immediate pain relief:-)

As I understand, your intend is to place the Merged Rigs in a separate folder. And then be able to select that folder and sort by Rig Name or Amp/Cab Name or Author within that folder. From what you write it appears those Merged Rigs are your favorites. Why don't you simply flag those as Favorites (instead of moving those into a folder), then select the View Favorites (instead of selecting the folder) and then sort by Rig Name, Amp/Cab or Author?

If the Rigs of each Rig pack start with a unique abbreviation like ours do (TAF -, MB - ...) and the Rigs of your five amps carry their five names (Mars, Fan,...) you could sort all your Rigs by name and use the Up and Down Buttons of the Rig Navigation Cross to move from starting character to starting character as if these would be folders. It's practically the same. In addition you can narrow into your profiled Rigs by selecting My Rigs.