Posts by kpahuitsing

Be sure to test your aquired spare cable. The quality of available ethernet cables greatly varies. Mainly be sure not to pick a too long cable (but even a short cable can have insufficient quality for use with the remote). The supplied cable that comes with the remote is carefully selected and has a very high quality. By the way: during start-up of the remote, the quality of the cable is tested and verified automatically by the remote itself.

be sure to have some electronics skills when doing this! I'd advise you to contact support first, before anything will be damaged. Lightbox is probably right, in the sense that there will be probably some loose contact inside: either the CPU board (as shown on the photo), *or* the connector between the frontpanel and the baseboard.
    but: contact support first !

according to Kemper support the forumsoftware has been untouched.. so it definitely is something that has changed in Chrome.
    *very* irritating and inconvenient indeed... let's hope a solution can be found quickly, either by Google or otherwise by the forum sw.
    (meanwhile accustomizing to FF - maybe sticking to that browser anyway :-))

when you've copied 'kaos.bin' into the OS Update folder, you shouldn't update with PAGE<> buttons but instead just insert the stick during normal operation. The KPA should offer you a update then.

note:
    the PAGE<> method is kind of 'last resort' and only intended to be used when the regular update procedure fails. For the PAGE<> method of updating, you'll need to put the kaos.bin file in the root-path of the USB stick.

eeh.. that's maybe a bit too generic for me to reproduce. If you've tested with 2 of the same sticks, maybe the KPA has problem with that particular USB stick model. Maybe you can test with another USB stick model ?

Albert

Guys: reinstalling the firmware won't change this bug behaviour. In order to really help development finding this bug in stead of ghost hunting: please find a way to reproduce the erratic behaviour. Is it always caused by MIDI switching? Does it happen in performance mode only? etc. etc.
    This way the developers can check out themselves and hunt it down.

Could you please send a backup to support and try to describe the way to reproduce the crash (MIDI pedal connected? USB connected? Browsing filters etc.)
    By the way: this probably is a general software bug, *not* a hardware issue with your machine.

just to be sure:

- put kaos.bin in the rootdir of a USB stick
    - hold 2 buttons: "PAGE<" and "PAGE>" (both buttons below 'exit') while powering up the KPA

is there a message in the display like 'burn-and-boot'? (It should be displayed within a couple of seconds after power-up, even when the USB stick can't be recognized) When the unit doesn't react at all to this there is something more seriously going on and it could be a CPU board issue.

This can happen in very rare circumstances during update. Doesn't have to be a big problem to solve. You can contact me by PM and I can explain to fix (burn-and-boot procedure)

Edit: you already held down both <> buttons while switching on? Did you actually:
    - see a message like 'burn and boot'
    - put a usb stick in, with kaos.bin at the rootdir?

albert. When I short Tip + Ring -> fixed MAX, but the problem occurs when everything is supposed to be fixed to 0. When I short Tip + Sleeve -> seems like it wants to be at 0 but it's very unstable and the value fluctuates between 0 and MAX constantly. Thanks for the advice though.

hm.. OK

is there any difference in behaviour between the pedal inputs ?

would you mind to test a bit more?

- please connect a TS (instrument / guitar / MONO) cable to the pedal input and leave the other side unconnected
    - select 'Switch (MONO) Tuner' on the KPA

can you reliably switch the tuner mode by shorting TIP + SLEEVE now? (you should be able to toggle tuner mode between 'on' and 'off')

when this doesn't work as expected: maybe your KPA has a hardware issue indeed, please contact support or PM me
    when it works as expected: your TRS cable may have a grounding/wire issue; did you try different TRS cable already ?

regards,

Albert

Hi Laurent,

looks like a slightly different issue although. Your pedal seems to work on a hardware level, and your question is on a functional level. Dirt's questions seems to be further down into the hardware level.

type1 = sensing on TIP (Roland)
    type2 = sensing on RING (Yamaha)

a simple little test for the people who have problems with their pedals (DirtStyler / Laker)
    - connect a MONO cable (i.e. your guitar instruments cable) to the pedal input of the KPA, and select 'type 2' on the KPA

is the input still jumping around? (it should be fixed '0')

for the dexterous people (don't be afraid: you will not break anything here, and it is not dangerous)
    - connect a STEREO cable to the pedal input of the KPA, and select 'type 1'
    - short-circuit TIP + SLEEVE on other side of the cable (paperclip) -> input should be fixed '0'
    - short-circuit TIP + RING on the other side -> input should be fixed 'MAX'

Albert