Posts by mba

Hi,
    are you able to use the usb port in order to connect to your PC and see it like a disk drive?
    With other words, does the KPA see your pc like a disk drive thru the usb connection?

It seems that today these technics are present in university's labs. I wonder if you can ask a patent for these technics or their applications.

Connect the KPA to the "spdif in" of your Eleven Rack then use the USB support of the Eleven to record.

The KPA Hardware is not really prepared for USB audio streaming.

CK

I understand for the USB but i can't understand the point for audio interface/recording.
    What's the problem of using the analog input and the spdif output for recording? (in 44khz actually)
    The KPA can't do that?

My thought is that you can't protect the concept of generic model + waveshaping but you can protect how you extract some parameters from the test tones, what i would call the "characterisation".
    That's why CK talked about that everywhere.(make it public is the first step to protect your work)

"make it public is the first step to protect your work"...after the patent was obtained.

My thought is that you can't protect the concept of generic model + waveshaping but you can protect how you extract some parameters from the test tones, what i would call the "characterisation".
    That's why CK talked about that everywhere.(make it public is the first step to protect your work)

3_ the results of the test tones will be used to get and fix some intrinsec parameters of the generic amp model, it will be used too to get some IRs in order to make some wave-shaping.

That's the point where the patent could be applied. (my guess)

What you could have in the next weeks with your Axe -Fx.

1_ it will use the IR capture function to send a bunch of test tones.(of course)
    2_ there will be a generic model of amp added into the Axe-fx.(hidden for the user)
    3_ the results of the test tones will be used to get and fix some intrinsec parameters of the generic amp model, it will be used too to get some IRs in order to make some wave-shaping.
    4_ you will be able to choose for your profile the generic amp model or, if your amp is included into the list of the amps already modelled with the Axe, the model that match your amp. If you want to model a 5150 choose the generic or the 5150. Or you will be able to create an hybrid.
    5_ you will be able to use a generic tonestack or ones of the list.

At the end you will probably have more controls than with the Kemper (for the moment, we knows that tonestack selection will be added in the futur) but i'm not sure that the Axe-Fx will be more musical.
    Personnaly i will give a try to the Kemper...900 euros less than the Axe-Fx and it already makes music.