Posts by kilihahn

i like the fullrange comfort. but i learned, that you might need to shell out more cash for a fullrange solution that is flat enough to "simulate" a half-decent guitar cab that would have been cheaper anyways... cheap(ish) fr-cabs always gave themselves away for me. i sold my 4x12 rectifier box for like 500,-€ used and bought a >2.000,-€ fullrange cab - at least it's easier to be carried up the stairs... :S still, i should have kept the 4x12 for "special occasions" where serious noise is appreciated... i'm really curious what the new atomics are going to offer...

Until you do a profiling session yourself, you will not understand the accuracy at which the KPA operates.

this! seriously, it's easy to dismiss any profile as digital or awkward, if it doesn't suit your related gear or your style or what you're used to. just shoot a profile of your favourite setup and you'll be in for a surprise...

hey zappledan, thanks for keeping an eye on my deluxe profile... i'll be in the studio this week and hope to return with some additional profiles of this very amp. actually i already made some more for pre-production and play-alongs that i feel turned out way better than before... i'll keep you posted ;)

kilian

Laker, I'm not sure how CK meant his comment, but it might have been a hint for all of us to understand, that there will most likely be no change to the very core of how the KPA creates the sound from its profiles ... or profiles from sound.
    And as far as I'm concerned, I'm very very pleased with the awesome work of And44 which clearly shows the real potential of the lunchbox.

The only thing that bothers me a lot in terms of "sound" is the digital I/O mess. And I still fail to understand how this possibly could have happened (44.1kHz sample rate only, and KPA has to be master sync). This is just ridiculous, sad to say so.

Cheers,
    Martin

i've deleted one line and now there's a BBBIIIIIGGG +1 here! sad but true. but then again, it's the only gripe, well apart from latency :wacko:

just my thoughts on the original question: i often happen to play in a small untreated room and for guitar playing i prefer the rcf tt25 sma (which is as much overkill as it gets for that purpose) BIG TIME over my genelecs... i'll give the clrs a try some time, but for now my (smaller) vote would be rcf tt08. then again, these are not caxial, so if you find the clr to big for your bedroom and want to shell out some serious money, go l'acoustics 108p.

yeah, thanks for the tips & explanations, although i honestly never had any of the associated problems with mine... just solid and reliable performance.

Any one here with one ? im thinking of buying one but im unsure about the bridge (510 2-Post Solid Saddles recess)... Does it gives so many trouble like a floyd every time i restring or the adjust are easy ?

Thanks

go for it. i'm one of the big floyd haters and the tremolo on the suhr gg has nothing to do with it. you even have the tremolNO option, just tighten two little screws on the back and you can drop-tune to where ever you like... you even feel the added sustain! if you feel like diving again, just undo these screws and off you go... maybe not like swinging around your guitar by the whammy bar alone, but it stays in tune better than any other guitar i have. (no floyd in my house...) playability is insane and you get a lot of different tones... and good ones too. not refined super-vintage ones, but a very broad selection of very usable rather modern tones. maybe think of it like a hypercharged analogue emulation of some variax approach. not a real tele, not a real les paul, not a real es, not a real strat, but close enough for dirty shredding... :thumbup:

ps: i have a "fucked up antique modern" one and i really like it's unterstatement. people always ask me where i found that ugly beast (they're used to see me with a nice 57 gold top these days) but they usually shut up quickly when they hear or play it... :P

well, you have a great job if they don't mind you debating important differences between amounts of UC75 and PCBO chips in your guitar amp for weeks... :P