Best Amp Factory Profiles?

• Can anyone point me to a list of most liked amp factory profiles?

I bought the jtm 45 and peavy 5150 after hearing a rig-talk member play some, sound great
    just looking for great fender, marshall (and modded marshall), vox and boogie tones

Also, are there any more than 2 mesa tria-axis profiles around?

• It really depends on your guitars and pickups and what style you play. I have the vintage pak but play vintage guitars . It,s so good I sold my amps. I would never have had accesstotheamps in this pak if it wern,t for Andy.
    Have a listen to his samples on his website.

• And I just want to add that Armin has a lot of gems as well, but they are a bit hard to discover,
    not always "plug'n'play". The profiles are great but the rig must be completed and polished first.

Also, his product presentation doesn't do the quality of his profiling work any justice.
    A talented amp profiler isn't necessarily a talented web designer. :D

• what type of fender are you looking for? i think the 63 fender (vibrolux?) in the vintage pack is one of the most impressive profiles ive heard/played, an amp truly captured. on the flipside i actually havnt come across a marshall i like yet. ive found a lot to have a thinness that you can hear the mic on them

• i really like the marshall hot mod, Tone Galaxy and SLO100 but my favourite so far is the Evil Robot. I also have the Friedman and the Mark II but i havent quite found a place for them as yet.

At the moment i'm buying a 1 profile pack per week. Give me time to take it all in. Too much choice in the bundles but i might have to bite on the metal producers pack to get hold of the fortin.

• Amp Factory profiles are very excellent. I may like one to 3 rigs on one guitar (single coils) and another on the same rig with another guitar (humbucker)

So it depends on the guitar. I admit to being lazy and not tweaking them to suit the guitar.

Also, it totally depends on the song you are working on. You're probably not going to be a fan of Vintage amps if you are a Metal head only!

So far, Andy's rigs are about 80% of my currently loaded rigs, which is around 700.

• I might be a bit biased since I own all of Andy's packs (except the metal pack which is not my cup of tea) and I really love his stuff.

Part of what works so well for me is that Andy seems to have the same taste in sounds as have and he records/profiles amps in absolutely classic fashion. It's classic british sound all the way.

He also has some rare and/or very desirable amps which are all a great starting point for emulating classic recordings. The Gilmour Hiwatt is pretty obvious but there are many more amps which are ready for classic sounds. The Vibrolux covers early Dire Straits, the Tweed Deluxe is spot on for the "Hotel California" solo and the coppertop AC30 is great for use with a treble booster in front of it. That is either Brian May or Rory Gallagher - depending on the treble booster used. And don't get me even started about the Trainwreck. This is a very distinctive sound heard on many records of which I previously didn't even know they used a Trainwreck ;)

To sum it up: I ended up buying them all ;)

• The cranked profile of the Toneking Galaxy is my favorite right now, but they all are pretty damn good. I own pretty much all of the amp packs too (checked today and have about 700 of them loaded on my kpa). I'm not too focused on trying to sound like someone else, just the tone off the galaxy is really connecting with me right now.

• Which profiles would you guys recommend for a generally nice clean sound? Something that works well with a strat and LP, along the lines of a fender. Currently using the free twin reverb profile

• Which profiles would you guys recommend for a generally nice clean sound? Something that works well with a strat and LP, along the lines of a fender. Currently using the free twin reverb profile

As someone else stated before, the 1963 Fender Vibrolux Brownface from TAF is probably the best profiled amp so far. It has the most beautiful tone and break up I can imagine, just plain fun to play.
    It's part of the Vintage & Rare Amp Collection, which is a real bargain when you see the content and its quality.

Nice demo track:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/davi…/kemper-profiling-amp-amp

Cheers,
    Martin

• As someone else stated before, the 1963 Fender Vibrolux Brownface from TAF is probably the best profiled amp so far.

This is very nice, as is his '59 Bassman. Don't overlook the free profile from Kilian of his Deluxe Clean. Also, Armin has an outstanding 52 Deluxe.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• hey zappledan, thanks for keeping an eye on my deluxe profile... i'll be in the studio this week and hope to return with some additional profiles of this very amp. actually i already made some more for pre-production and play-alongs that i feel turned out way better than before... i'll keep you posted ;)

kilian

• hey zappledan, thanks for keeping an eye on my deluxe profile... i'll be in the studio this week and hope to return with some additional profiles of this very amp. actually i already made some more for pre-production and play-alongs that i feel turned out way better than before... i'll keep you posted ;)

kilian

What year is your Deluxe ?

• This is very nice, as is his '59 Bassman. Don't overlook the free profile from Kilian of his Deluxe Clean. Also, Armin has an outstanding 52 Deluxe.

Check also the 1978 Dumble Clean from the Rig Exchange and the Rivera M100 clean

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• There are plenty of very good profiles from TAF.

But, I keep coming back to the '59 Bassmann profile. Clean/Clean+ ... works very good with Strat, LesPaul, Semi's etc.
    This is my most favored one off all rigs (besides Morgan AC20).