Posts by MadH

You´re right, i took over 70 profiles of the Mesa cab alone. Since moving the mics just a few milimeters can really make dramatic changes, my adjustement changes were small and the tonal differences sometimes are not as clear as with other profiles. Sometimes the changes only were on the submixer, rolling of the treble more or less or changing the levels of the two mics.

When starting profiling, my goal was to break it down to like 20 profiles or something. I always think that too many choices only distract you. So i already removed many profiles which had way too much hi end or low end and few ones where i simply could not hear a clear difference. With a little more experience in how good the different cabs do their job in dense mixes, i will remove more cabs from the list which i simply dont need for my productions, which is metal mainly.

If there really are some harcore tweakers though who want all the files, i might of course put them online. But as said for normal use i would prefer having a smaller list of "best of" cabs.

Cool!! I am one of those hardcore tweakers :D so If you don't mind please share them all. I usually play around with the cabs first since I find it is better to shape your tone that way. To me it is more important than the EQ on the amp so the more options the better.

Well, I could think of an import funktion to render a cabinet IR into a profile.
    This is theroretically possible. The size of the IR would not matter.

But don't ask me for a date. We have other priorities and plans.

Christoph Kemper

That would be awesome Christoph :thumbup: . It will give us much more options to play with and save people a lot of time.

So sorry to hear that my post has somehow misled you.All I did was to try to say that the KPA doesn't use IRs (was quite an hard task as you're difficult to convince). Besides if you haven't noticed yet the out of topic it's yours as this Thread is named... (well I guess you can read the title yourself ) .That's why replies don't go in your direction!They simply follow the Thread direction :P . I think someone else opened another post about whether the KPA uses IRs. Was that you by any chance??

No problem man. I just wanted see/read info from a reliable source. Btw, my question came after reading reading the 1st post from the thread that indeed mentions IRs for the cab block, so it was not off topic at all, but anyway lets leave it there.

Thanks a lot the info. Really appreciated. This completely answers my question. :thumbup:

Don't worry about why I'm glad. Besides I don't need to make any search for you since many people have already tried to explain to you that the KPA doesn't use IRs (I've tried to tell you this as well but no luck..). Also why you're getting so fossy about it? My KPA sounds great. Doesn't yours?Just play guitar with it!!Easy like that! Also some PC/MAc software will support your precious IRs so no need to panick about losing them!!Just Google..-- I don't mean to be rude or to lack of any respect for you but..you're definitely so Persistent :cursing: !!

Lets make things clear for a sec.

The only thing I have done is to ask a question to Kemper people (not to anybody else). I just don't see the problem of me or other people in the forum asking this or other questions. It is not an attack to anybody. I don't understand why on the products forums there is always some users, that are not related to the product company, that get defensive when people ask certain questions or express their opinions if they are not all positive.

Now, if you don't want to read about this or answer about this, it is simple, just ignore it and don't waste your time on it. Nobody is forcing you to do it. If you have some useful and accurate information that you want to provide that will be always appreciated but your comments don't go into that direction so it is not helping anybody.

As far as I have read so far, nobody from Kemper answered that question or at least I have not been able to find it. That's why I asked you for the links where you said you read about it.

I'm glad you don't care about any "secrets".Just play guitar man.About your IRs?In several threads it has been specified that the KPA does not use any of that!Save them and use them with "your other gear".Cheers now and have fun with the Kemper!!

I don't get why you are glad. Are you protecting those secrets? :D . Anyway, could you give me the link to any of those threads where Kemper people say that? I tried using the search but it did not work for me. Thanks.

so there's no need to profile an amp with different gainsettings then? might as well make one profile with gain set at full (max) and reduce the kpa gain to taste? that's a good thing..

I don't think he meant that. He is talking about the guitar volume pot not the amp gain knob.

10 out of 10 for perseverance. :D

You're not Novak Djokovic are you? ;)

Just trying to get an answer man :D !!! I really don't care about any secrets. I just want to know if I will be able to use my cab IRs or not at some point.

Thanks a lot for the response Christopher. Could you tell us if the cab section is using IRs or if it is something completely different? My reason for asking about that is because I have an extensive library of cab IRs and it would be good to know if there is a chance I could use those in the future with the KPA so I can get rid of other devices I am using now to load the cab IRs.

I mind about the colour :D !!!

If you don't care about anything but the sound maybe you should simply not enter in these threads and let the rest of the people decide what they want to talk about.

So that's what "approximation" means, guess I must have missed that at school :D So if the original IR is not accurate then why would you want to use that anyway ?

You are a pain in the ass man :D !!! Just because it is the closest to the real thing than me and probably most people has access to and my guess is that if the KPA is not using something else they invented that it is not based on IRs then they are using IRs.

but if the KPA approximation sounds the same as the first generation approximation then why does it matter ?

Approximation means that it is not the same. That would be like taking a profile of another modeler, if the original modeler is not accurate compared to the real thing your profile would be even less accurate.

I don't think what I am asking is revealing any secret. I am only asking if the KPA uses IRs (and how big they are) for the cabs not how they use them or how they create them. As for profiling another device IR cab, I don't think that's a good idea since the result will be an approximation of what it is already an approximation.

...not really...this was from forum admin:

Welcome everybody!

hi and welcome everybody to the kemperamps forum. as you can see, this forum is brand new and we're happy to see that a couple of users already found it, although it wasn't officially linked from the main website ;)
    please allow us a couple of days until every detail will run smoothly. if you have urgent questions or problems, please contact kemperamps support by email instead. this way we can help you out quick.
    best, marc

LOL, I guess this was posted more than a couple of days ago, right? Anyway I will email them asking if they could answer on this thread.

I don't think they browse around these forums too much - and if they do they seldomly post. So you'll probably have better luck if you ask them directly by email.

I am pretty sure they do and this is probably the best way for them to receive customers input or concerns.

Write a mail. And if you get no answers you might have to live with the fact that simply dont want to give away that information for a reason.

Well, If they don't finally answer in the questions and answers forum probably they will not do it by email either. If they don't want to answer it is fine. I am just trying to evaluate what the product could do or not in the future.

If it is using IRs that would give us more options in the future for the cab block since there is already really nice IR cab libraries and the possibility to mix those to create new IR cabs. If the KPA is not using IRs but something else that is even better it would be cool to know that as well.

AFAIK is not just an IR, in an early interview (cannot recall which one) somebody from Kemper was stating that the "Digital Alchemy" was allowing for dinamic cabs "emulation" (not the right word, I know). Looking at the massive difference compared to IRs when playing through an FRFR system I would tend to believe that is something different/better there. Though no detail was given from mothership.

Yes, I had read that as well that is why I am asking for something more concrete.