Posts by Sollazzon

SO, after more or less a month using Win 10 I can't say it was a bad choice to move from Win7 even if:

- honestly I've never had a problem With W7.

- It took a week or so to install everithing and re-configure all my settings, preferences, move Aidio Projects / files .. reinstall DAW, Dirvers, plug-in an everything.

- It already happened a couple of times that, when Win10 do automaitc updateds, it enables the internal audio card and disables the external Audio interface, that is exactly the contrary of my regular setting.

I can't judge about the speed/qualities of performances of recording and managing audio files because I've also changed Processor, Hard disk, RAM.. I have a totally New PC with ''updated elements'' so.. Obiouvsly is faster.

WOW what a Quilted Top=O

I ve always wanted a LP like that .. I ve heard about that chambered ("cloud 9" ? or something like that isn't it?)

Unfotunalty I ve never had the opportuity to try one of them.:(

Yep !

the download it's ok this time (I had to move it in My dropbox and then downoad them)

I'll try them better tomorrow (it's almost midnight here)

As first try, I've just used an IR by Celestion (V30 412 C Hi-Gn All Celestion) and to me, they all sound a bit thin and less Loud compared to e.i. others 'Pro Profilers'

Not bad, but probably they used to Pump Up the sound with some extra gear in the profile chain.

What do You use to Get the DI?..or DA as they used to say

500T are ceramic PU with a Very High outpuy level... Usually pair with 496R in bridge position

I have a LP with those PU and it's very HOT.

I would Also a try to roll down the distorsion sense in the Input section

just uploaded on RE.

''Ld AFD100 & 4x12V30''

It's a merged profile for Lead Sounds capturing an AFD100 on a 1960AV Slash Signature...self explaining name right?

You can find details reported in Tags fileds

the most relevant thing is that as Output tubes I've used Gold Lion's KT66 and not the original 6550 (KT88)

I hope You enjoy it.

It's a bit Loud and Bass'y' (if You're looking for 'the perfect sound' to play directly on/over ...let's say...Appetite record)

but you can always tweak at Your taste :thumbup:

Have Fun!

Ciao

Well, not a totally new guitar but just a the neck.

basically from rosewood to AAA maple.

same C shape, same frets, ...new tuners

I've replaced it to an old Squier, ..when you spend more on spare parts than the whole guitar:rolleyes:

Since merged profiles know the real separation between amp and cabinet, if you just save the cabinet from any merged profile to a preset wouldn't that be what you're describing?

No, I would like to Capture new cab, not to switch a cab from one RIG (Merged or Studio) to another

hummm... non vorrei dirti una c@xx@ta ma credo proprio che le impostazioni di Output (così come quelle di Input) siano Globali e quindi interessano Tutti i Rig.

A livello di uscite l'unica cosa che puoi scegliere rig per rig è il PAN.

a pag 1/6 del menù RIG (per accedere premi brevemente il tasto RIG) puoi regolare con il parametro ''Panorama'' se uscire tutto a DX, tutto a SX (o tutte le varie posizioni intermedie.)

Yoda Guitar I mean I'd like Kemper to send a test signal as described here (6:30 or so)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

from 20 to 20kHz instead of the classic 3 phase sound* and let us grab ''the CAB'' without using anything else (SS amp, PC, Software..) just the cab and mic.

*During the first phase, you will hear white noise with a rising amplitude. The PROFILER is now collecting data about the frequency response of the reference amp. The frequency response will change dramatically as the gain increases. This is how the PROFILER learns about the circuitry of the reference amp and the frequency response of the guitar cabinet. Also, the characteristic impedance curve of the speaker, including its feedback to the power amp, is detected in fine detail.

In the next phase, slowly pulsating white noise is sent to the reference amp. The volume of the white noise is set to a level at which the reference amp starts to distort. This is how the PROFILER learns about the dynamic distortion curve of the tubes in the reference amplifier. Using this information, the PROFILER can recreate that curve with the highest possible accuracy. This is also true for transistor-based, as well as digitally modeled, distortions.

In the third step, the PROFILER sends a complex tonal texture that follows a mathematically based set of rules to the reference amp. This texture creates unique interference patterns that allow the PROFILER to take a “fingerprint” of the DNA of the reference amp’s sound. The distortions of the speaker, along with the partial pattern of the loudspeaker diaphragm (also known as “cone breakup” are excited by this tonal mixture. They complete the characteristic interference pattern that the PROFILER will reproduce faithfully, once the measurements have been taken.

"So regardless it's the difference of merely pressing one button.

Even if you could plug the Kemper directly into a cab and mic it to profile them it would still have to go through the same process.

No sorry I do not agree, in terms of time, necessary gear, and, I guess, quality of final result.

That what you discribe is called Impulse Response (IR) it describes the "Profile" of an Speaker or CAB.

yes exactly! like I wrote in post #4 ''

I don't think I've got You clearly: If you do a profile with a flat solid-state AMP + a miced CAB the Kemper will create a Studio Profile with an AMP module and a CAB module. . then the 'Cab Driver' will extimate whitch part is what.

What I ask is: as far as KPA is Able to Get a Profile Without a CAB portion (flagging this option Before profiling) Would it be Possible to Create a profile Without the AMP portion?

Let's say Creating an IR...

the feature Requested is: Could You please (Kemper) improve the machine so that it will be Possible to Profile just a CAB? (thread title)

urca, mannaggia,

sì l'interruttore del Footswitch deve essere momentaneo, non saprei che tipo siano quelli per il sustain dei pianoforti ma il Beheringer fs112 (che tra l'altro è doppio quindi puoi assegnare l'accordatore ad un pulsante e un'altra funzione all'altro) costa poco e funziona bene; ne ho 2 da molto tempo e non ho mai avuto nessun problema.

yes I see, but.. don t you think in this way the cab drive would put a part of the 'Just cab' profiled as Amp portion? .. and so, when You save the CAB module You miss a part, getting the result a bit too much aproximative?

Have You already tried?

Does it works ?

If You turn the AMP module Off and On can You say there are no difference?

Anyway You should have to put an amp (I Also mean Buy a linear solid state amp) than profile it, then save the cab portion as a new cab. Right?

Wouldn t be easier to inform the KPA "You re going to profile without the amp" so "please create a profile with NO AMP Module" ?!?