Posts by DonPetersen

We just need an "ignore user" option like their is on a lot of other forums... Does anyone know what forum software this is?

Or maybe the mods can give him a time out for a few days...

FYI
    clicking on the user name will take you the users profile (haha) ;) on the right there is a ignore user function.

I've been exchanging data often between the Profiler and my desktop (import, export, backups, FW versions) for eight months now - now issues whatsoever.

@bmi

your seven uploads from October 24th have no comment identifing them as coming from a modeler.
    You even went as far as to remove the 'modeler' comment on the CAE profile you added earlier, after I asked you to.

exactly what are you trying to achieve here, cause I don't get it.

I'm have no time for discussions, the policy is clear and easy to follow, therefore, for the last time cause this is silly:

please identify the source of your seven profiles from the 24th, just like anyone else does in this community.

miles,
    I'm hearing the issue your having, most audible in the last note, the Ab.

here's a quick recording I made of the Vab Clean profile, first your Grace DI, then your profile with the issue, then the Vab Clean profile - where what I can hear in your profile isn't happening:
    (the Vab Clean profile ist just the Stack section of course, Noise Gate, Stomps and Effects are disabled. Gain shows @ 0.0; bridge HB, SD JB, Clean Sense @ 5)

http://soundcloud.com/donpetersen/vab-clean-01

could you please contact me via pm, so I can check out the profile you made?

thanks.

p.s.
    here's a picture of the waveforms. first the Grace DI then Grace DI profile, then the Vab Clean profile.
    you can see the limiting going on in the attack of your profile (not in the Vab profile, tho)

[Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/Fullscreencapture1025201210208AM.jpg]

p.p.s.
    I repeated´this with the bass set to max and the Clean Sense maxed (clipping the input and output) - still issue-free.
    I think I need your profile.
    thx

What manner and what obligation? I've no obligations at all.
    I'm free to tag profiles as i want especialy when i spend time for free and Kemper has nothing to say to me except thank you if they want.
    Damned you are walking on your hands, who do you think you are?

You should look for you own manners, do you think i owe something to Kemper's company? I think it's the opposite, so if you are no satisfied...modify by yourself the tag.

I'm upset by people who find good manners to give orders to other people spending time for free. X(

yes, you are clearly upset, but I doubt that my simple request to add a a line of text to the comment section of your profile caused the hyperbole and drama of your post.
    take a break, and when you come back tomorrow I'm sure you'll find your reaction to be a little over the top as well.
    Then, you might want to edit your post, I'll take care of any quotes (including this one) and we can all forget about this unpleasantness and go back to profiling and playing.

how does that sound?

right.
    recording and listening to the whole mix is a very good exercise.

I remember when I was recording my first record with my band:
    the other guitar player and me would double track our parts using an older Laney amp - so far so good - and then one of us would add a fifth track consisting of a (fixed) wah pedal in front of a Sansamp.
    At first I didn't get why the producer/engineer wanted us to do this, but later, when listening to the rough mix, the Sansamp track complimented the tracks that used a mic'd amp nicely.

Guitarists often look for that Rock Star tone (too much gain and bass, too much delay and reverb) that sounds great when jamming alone, while producers are more interested in a tone with character that mixes well and plays nice with other instruments around it.

Got slightly OT, sorry ;)

Tag it as you want, damned!

as the uploader of the profile, it is your obligation to provide the necessary information of the source.
    labeling a model of an amp as the amp itself is not acceptable, it's that simple.

I advise you to watch your manners, we're all grown-ups here and deserve to be treated as such.
    I hereby ask you again to tag your upload properly.

:)