Posts by DonPetersen

hi.

here's a link to the fantastic review done by the Anderton's guys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=mAuY9OyMsdg

in the details about the video you'll find flac audio files.

although I can understand your desire to research the Profiler as throroughly as possible, no video or sample will give you the experience of playing one. The feel and dynamics can only be judged fully when you plug into one and hear your fingers and guitar come through as they should (and instantly lose a couple of hours...). ;)

About your other question, I can tell you that I have quite a range of instruments here, ranging from very low output lipstick single coils, the usual SD offerings, P90s, Alumitones etc. all the way to a Bill Lawrence L500XL and EMG81s.
    The very dynamic nature of the profiles makes the Profiler react to different kinds of pickups/guitars as a tube amp would.
    Keep in mind that the main profiling part is done with test signals hard wired into the Profiler.

regards
    Don

Since I don't own my Kemper yet :( Let me ask this. I saw a thread on the forum where Kemper listed the Kemper assigned amp names then listed what the amps actually were. Is there a way on the Kemper to Edit the names Kemper assigns to the amps?

Thank's :)

you can change the rig name, edit the amp tag info etc. to anything you like.

I really try my best to keep up with all the profiles showing up on the rig exchange.
    but just today, auditioning them turned into a 60+mins (felt more like 5mins) session of pure play-time (again!) on one profile and I ended up with a bunch of riffs in 6/4.
    I have some private studio time coming up and these riffs ands sounds will definitely turn into into a wicked Mastodon-meets-jazz tune then. :)

I must admit, with any gear before the KPA, I never had much luck with sounds from other users, but the sounds this community is creating are simply mind-boggling.

carry on. :D

d

I saw will power a lot of it, but the amount of miss goals, ball hit the post by barça and benfica is waaaay more then willpower of chelsea in my opinian.

Strategic discipline not seen that =/. Vs barça in camp nou chelsea should have made in the final 20 min posession football and insted they just run with ball and lost it after some sec. All 9 man defensive formation is not that hard to do lol.
    If the ball do not hit the post or world class players had not miss easy goal chance, what would we say about the strategic disicipline :D because the oportunity were there.

good discipline and strategic integrity does not mean you can avoid all chances of the opponent, just that you minimize them.
    of course, you need a goal keeper like Cech and all the luck you can get, but defusing Barcas play without the ball like Chelsea did was no coincidence and B grew more frustrated by the minute.
    I was watching the game as a neutral observer, but I must say, as a football fan for over 30 years, I'm very glad someone stood up against that 660 passes-per-game non-sense. and succeeded.
    chances and near-goal just don't matter after the game, do they?

although the inverse cab approach might seem feasible, all I can say is that it isn't as simple as that.
    basically, there is no way you can make a heavily colored speaker system (like a guitar cabinet) all of a sudden become 'flat' by applying an inverse of itself.

Here's a pretty odd one....firstly ANY patch I link with channel 70 in midi keeps crashing the system. :( dont know why as my midi board handles this easily with EVERY OTHER bank...10 works fine, 20 works fine...even 75 works fine BUT....70?!?!?! The whole system just locks up I have to re boot and when I do ALL midi information that I worked on is lost. Thank you Kemper though for creating the 'Backup' feature!!!!! I can just reboot and restore :) but this IS very odd...just midi channel 70.

MIDI channels range from 1-16 (plus OMNI), I assume you are meaning MIDI Program Change # 70, right?

i would love to change the lcd screen from green tone to any color, which already is capable when assigning effects. give it some vibe to have some blue or purple.

well, you can already tune the white balance (green balance?) of the LCD with the 'White Balance' parameter in the system setting, page 1. It goes from greenish to light blue.

the value of good monitors cannot be overstated.
    you should go to a good musicstore that has studio monitors on display, bring your fav CDs, maybe even some of your own stuff and LISTEN.

also, invest in some monitor pads to de-couple them from where ever you're placing them, otherwise you'll most likely get unpleasant resonances in the low mids/bass.

I personally like Adam speakers, but YMMV.

enjoy! buying monitors is very exciting. :)

p.s.
    don't forget to check your local second hand market. If you can listen to the monitors before buying them, you can get great deals from studios that upgrade their equipment etc.

Thanks for posting a pic of the Amp it make this all seem even more real :thumbup:

yes. I'd very much like to see this become standard practise.
    Especially if it's not just a picture of a amp of the series, but a picture of THE amp. 8)

1) chillax ;)

2) to de-activate the cabinet simulation, just press the Cabinet button. If it's not lit anymore - it's off.

3) if you use the input of your Marshall, keep in mind that the most neutral eq setting is something like Bass: 0,5 Middle: 10 Treble: 0,5

4) you can also defeat the cab sim for the monitor out, while keeping it in the Main outs.
    -> Output page -> page 2 -> check Monitor Cab Off

have you tried clearing your browser's cache?