Posts by DonPetersen

sweet!

thanks for this! :)

Thank you for all your replies :) .

Have you tried it and nailed the tone with the Kemper phaser?
    At the moment I'm a bit skeptical because to me the sound of my vibe pedal (T-Rex Viper) differs from the phasers I know (okay, mostly one-knob-pedals).
    Besides, nearly every MultiFX out there has a phaser AND a (uni)vibe efffect on board. Why would they do that if you can nail the vibe sound with a phaser?

Yeah, it's the chorus part of the univibe I'm looking for. Love this special throbbing undercurrent! But it's good to hear that vibrato of the KPA equals with the Mojo Vibe :) .

the vibrato is quite something in the KPA.
    I have a few chorus pedals here that I modded to get rig of the dry signal (before I joined Kemper), effectively creating a vibrato effect.
    Now they're just gathering dust.
    Also there is an amazing Rotatry Speaker effect in the KPA that is quite a bit more flexible than other effects I've come across claiming to do what it does. The Low-High Balance parameter and especially the Distance parameter are able to adjust the effect in a very musical way.
    The philosophy behind all this is to enable you to get the character and voicing you want with a minimum of parameters.

Im hoping they do their usual and get Chappers and The Captain to do one of their normally very entertaining video reviews of the KPA. I wouldn't be surprised if the profiles are the results of such a soon to be released review.

yes, I had the pleasure of talking to Paul on the phone about some details he wanted to know about the KPA. He seemed quite enthusiastic and I'm sure the review will be as entertaining as all the other ones.
    perhaps more. ;)

a pretty dirty fuzz pedal.
    profiled direct - no amp.
    added a cab and a few fx (slow subtle vintage chorus, stereo enhancer and ambience)

It has a nice Beastie Boys 'Sabotage' vibe to it (yes, I know that was a bass) but it's also great for any of your fuzzy needs.

I recommend a guitar with single coils.
    Also check out the neck-pickup-and-tone-all-the-way-down lead option :D

Thanks guys, glad you are getting use out of it!

I can probably get something profiled with a little higher gain at some point...I live in an apartment so opportunities to profile are hard to come by at times.
    :)

2 or 3am seems like a good time.
    when the profiling process is finished, run out of your apartment and yell 'Did you guys hear that? Where the hell did that come from? That was CRAZY!!!'

might work once or twice ; )

+1000
    It is the only effect I am missing in the KPA
    Really hope it will be implemented.

there is a really good (bad) ;) sounding spring reverb in the KPA. It's called Matchbox in the Reverb section.
    set predelay to 0, limit the bandwidth a little bit (watch out, there's a lot happening between 0.0 and 1.0 already) and use frequency to turn it brighter.

I have a few spring reverbs here (Accutronics, Dynacord, no name...) and the KPA can capture their vibes easily.

what Elantric requested, was a spring reverb in front of the amp, which I can relate to, but it is a very specialized application nonetheless.

Coolio! Thanks Guys! It's not just me then. I guess that's the game, but wow that's a lot of tweaking of the presence and treble to get it up to what I like. Yep I like in your face modern, but sometimes i like that muddled for some power chords(dual rectifier growl)

have you tried using the definition parameter in the amp instead?

more precisely, it has to do with the way the profiled amp was set. If someone uses a bright sounding guitar (like a swamp ash telecaster), he'll most likely set his amp accordingly (darker). The KPA now profiles this setting. If someone with a darker sounding guitar now plays this profile, he might need to add treble. Just like he would if he'd plugged into the amp that was profiled.

I have access to my old Hiwatt rig as I sold them to a friend. It's a 1972 50 watt and 1973 100 watt and the cabs are the original Fanes I had owned them since they were new and they are loaded with genuine Mullards a I retubed them in 1980 when Mullards were still around.. I will be profiling those as well as others within the next month.

excellent!

looking forward to hear those! :D

The monitor out will give you the distorted signal without a cab (if you wish so). But you could use the direct out which will give you the unprocessed signal. Since this is also the same procedure you would use for reamping, i can only encourage everyone to ALWAYS record the DI Track to a second track. Though you might never need it, it could save your life sometime. If you plan to mix the the processed KPA tones with the direct guitar tone in your DAW, please check if both tracks are in phase correctly.

right.
    that's what I meant.

(edited)

while I personally don't care for such a feature what you are trying to do is already kind possible

1) use the direct out, record it to a separate track or use a mixer to add it to your signal

2) cabinet 'character' control. by turning this to the left, you are smoothing the IR, which adds a 'old style' speaker sim characteristic if you turn it far enough

the reason I don't see the point is that you'll effectively get the effect of distortion 'riding on top of the clean signal', which is something I found to be a weakness of some other guitar processors.
    some people like to mix bass with this approach, but personally, so far I always chose the DI or the amp track, never a mix.