Posts by jeff5x0

Thats the tricky part. I removed the feet from the Kemper, taped 2 pcs. of note book paper together, laid it on the bottom of the Kemper, and poked holes where the feet were. I then taped it to the bottom of the case and drilled holes. Of course the screws that came out of the feet were not long enough. I had to go to the hardware store (took a screw with me) and get several lengths. I then by trial and error found the right one to use. A word of warning though if you or anyone else is going to attempt this. Where the feet screw in, there is no screw stop. In other words if you use too long of a screw you can go up through the Kemper and hit the circuit board. So start with the smallest screw and work your way up.

The case is perfect for me, but there is a Kemper bag that is pretty cool as well.

Ahahahaa! I love your tag line Gene!

One problem here. You have to download profile before voting. As of yesterday I had already downloaded almost everything from the exchange. So now if I want to rate it I have to re-download them all? Going forth this shouldnt be an issue at all, but what about all of the profiles already out there? I understand you dont want a bunch of people voting who have not downloaded the file.....that would make the votes skewed. But there are so many good ones on there now, but there no way I would download them all just to put a rating on them. Any way around this?

Andy.....these are absolutely AMAZING! Seriously man, my hand is so cramped from playing on these for the last hour. I just tested them through my strat and everything sounded stellar. Cant wait to try them on my Wolfgang. I could delete every profile I have, except for the Nace and your profiles, and be completely content. I dont have alot to donate, however someone who has put out this much effort into to giving the quality of profiles here, is worthy of donations. Im not gonna go into a diatribe of how I feel about charging for profiles. I hope it doesnt become the trend. Clearly you are NOT charging for these and just asking for donations. What you have done certainly constitutes that. I will pm you tomorrow, Im assuming you have some sort of paypal account where we can donate? Just an awesome job brother.

I dont agree with 2 different size options. But I really like Kili's layout. Ultimately for me to pay money for it, it has to be very compact. Im using the Midi Raider now, and its great, but not quite as compact as I'd like it to be. This looks like a nice layout. I'm thrilled you guys are making advancement on this, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, where are you guys at as far as a software solution to organize, rename, and delete profiles?

Thanks CK for inviting the current users to comment on floor board plan. Thats pretty cool of you. :thumbup:

In my system, it seems that if a file was created on the exchange back in march, it saves it as created back in March...So if I import it, and sort by date, it will show up amongst the older files. If I add a bunch of files at once, they all get mixed up and it because difficult to figure out which profiles I just imported...

Which is one of the major reasons we need some type of rig management. Right now this is a problem. And the only way I know of finding rigs you imported from various dates is to copy the files you are importing to word pad, (or some other type of software or file) and follow along to find the ones you imported. Its very time consuming and cumbersome. You can also rename them, but its just as cumbersome.

I have nothing informative really to add to the discussion. I for one am happy for the AXE guys. Why shouldnt we all be? We have something cool that works for us, they have something cool that work for them. Everyone wins. I certainly have no urge to run out and buy an Axe now. Nor would I try to convince an Axe user to run out and buy a Kemper if they are totally digging the Axe.

Im also quite certain I am in the minority here, but I tend to agree with Radley. It drives me nuts that I cant run 2 delays on the Kemper. I dont want to carry along extra pedals to play live. I want it in one box. I would like better OD stomps as well. Or at least the ability to profile OD's and use them as stomps instead of part of the amp tone. I sincerely hope that CK is working on some major improvements. Im not dogging the Kemper. I LOVE it. But to say its a complete package and doesnt need any improvement isnt 100% accurate. I would say for studio work, its there for me. For live use, it could use some improvements. YMMV :D

EDIT: I dont want to sound like a whiner. For a 2k box the Kemper IS awesome. And I do love it.

I can agree with all of that. While I do think personally the effects are very good, I find myself wanting more delay. In more than one slot. Im actually pretty happy with the reverb. Im not a huge effects guy. But Id like to have more than one delay. My biggest beef is an editor and library.