Posts by holz27

i'm planning to organize my rigs with Performance mode. I would like to have one Performance for each song.

A Performance should be started by MIDI-PC from an external Controller (actually setlist maker, a wonderful tool). The Slots inside the Performance should be switched by the KFC or other foot Controller like Uno4kemper. Is this a valid combination, or can i run into Problems because KFC and external Controller both want to communicate via Midi cable with KPA?

yes, +1 very important

i would like to organize one Performance for each song, always rythm Sound on slot 1, lead sound on slot 2 ....

Some songs start with lead, not with rythm. In these cases i would program slot 2 as the starting slot of the performance

Thanks a lot for your hints with the snapshot. But is it possible to recall a snapshot during editing of a rig without saving the changes?
    And more important, return to the edited rig after leaving the snapshot? And at the end i can decide whether to save the changes of the rig or cancel them?

BTW, i tried to find a description of the snapshot Feature. No success. Only a few aspects in this forum.

Hi,

When changing the Sound of a rig i want to compare the old and new sound. Is the New Sound better? I can do this by saving the New Sound under a different rig, then switch between the two rigs. At the end i have to delete one of the two rigs.

It would be much easier to have a switch toggling between original Sound and actual Sound without saving the changed rig. Then i could change the Sound of a rig, compare original and actual sound by toggling between these two. At the end i can store the changes of i like them. If i don't like them i leave the rig without saving changes.

If such a Funktion is already implemented please give me a hint.

holz27

that is what I think, too.
    one exp pedal would be perfect and I guess everybody uses at least one. Even if it is a bit more expensive. I hate to carry around a lot of seperate pieces. So pleeeeeeeas one exp pedal.
    If you don`t waste the space on top row of the original layout ant put the bank switch there, it will be enough space for a exp pedal without making it so much bigger.
    And thanks CK for asking on our opinion ...

+1

i would like to see the following features

• one vol/wah expr pedal
    • bank up/down and rig 1-4 switches
    • ctl 1 & 2 switch
    • switch for tuner/mute
    • led for each switch
    • display with rig name ... also visualising the tempo (blinking led)
    • absolutely no programming inside foot controller, all programming is done inside the KPA/inside the rig -> the rig is configuring the footcontroller
    • control switches can be programmed to invert a single or more stomps including reverb & delay
    • control switch can also invert expr pedal function wah <-> vol

i'm sorry but this is a misunderstanding. For each rig i need other stomps to be active permanent and to be switched on/off for lead. e.g.

rig1: comp+eq+reverb permanent and delay+od switchable for lead
    rig2: reverb permanent and delay+mod switchable for lead

I already do it switching boost (on B) and Eq (on X) on. Understand your point, but I believe that if you lock the FX you don't want to change, when you invert they should stay on. Not shure but worth a try (cannot try it myself now)

do you mean to switch some stomps with "stomp invert" and lock some other stomps. I do not know such a lock feature, can you please explain?

Hi all,

i want to tell you a little story about my way of playing music in a cover band and how partial stomp invert could make my life easier.

we have a setlist of approx. 70 songs. For each song i have typically one rig. I need a switch to change between rythm and lead sound. This should always be the same switch independent of the stomps being switched on/off.

I don't like having various switches for different stomps because i cannot remember which stomps to switch in 70 songs to get the programmed lead sounds. Therefore i need one switch which changes between rhytm and lead (the so called partial stomp invert. eg. CC#40).

The "partial stomp invert" should work like the stomp invert, but only on stomps being marked as switchable by partial stomp invert. All effects (stomps, x, mod, delay and reverb) should have this flag in their menu.

This feature would allow to program some FX not being marked as invertable. These FX would be active during rythm and lead sounds. Other fX could be marked as invertable and can be switched on/off for lead sound by pressing this special switch CC#40!

If you have other ideas how to program this behaviour with already existing KPA features, your ideas are greatly welcome.

I want to let you know that this bug was confirmed by the Kemper support team and will be fixed in a future release. This means do not start rig names with a point!
    Until now there is no idea from support how to restore the disappeared rigs.

Exactly. The file .filename is a hidden file. When you store it first, it should be in the RAM and browsable. While booting those files are not recognized and therefor not loaded.
    Make a backup, rename it from .kipr into .tar, unpack it and see if you can rename the rig and load ist via USB stick.

thanks for your hints. I made a backup but couldn't find the my rigs .filename, only the original factory rigs :(
    Is there some other idea, how i could restore the hidden files?

After creating the rigs (with point '.' as first letter) the rigs can be found at beginning of list (when sorted by name). After reboot the rigs are gone and cannot be found, not at the beginning nor at the end!!

Can someone reproduce this bug and confirm my observations?

i did some testing:

storing some rig under the new name ".F9" then you find this new rig in the browser. then switch off KPA and start again. rig named ".F9" can no longer be found.
    doing the same procedure with new rig name "F.9" shows no problems. Rig can be found in browser also after rebooting the KPA.

Is this bug only in my firmware version 1.06 or can you reproduce it under other versions?

Is it possible to get my files back ??????????
    Please help if you have any idea ...
    this is a one night rig programming effort for a gig next saturday :(

Hi all,

last night i programmed some rigs and stored them under the names ".Fxxxxxx" (first a point, then letter F and then various characters including blanks and special chars).

Today i cannot find these rigs in the browser. I made a backup and inspected the backup file on my PC. None of my rigs found in the backup file.

I hope the files are not lost and someone can help me please!!!
    (i remember some Problem report regarding special chars in filenames, but i cannot find it)

My firmware is 1.06 Beta

Any help and hint is very much appreciated
    Holz27