Posts by skoczy

What if I don't like sound coming from monitors? How to fix that? ;)

Thanks Paul :) When I get Remote one day I will RTFM for sure :) But I was asking about bigger picture if Performance mode was designed to be used with Remote and so far I am right, well manual says it anyway.

Yes it does, but the behavior of menu stays the same.

You mean the quirk behavior of MENU? Yes it is still the same no matter where you are. Quick tip for again :)

Placing mouse over the menu option should highlight the menu option (i.e. SUPPORT) but not display relevant menu items instantly like it does now.

Clicking on the menu option should change display items (load DOWNLOADS FAQ CONTACT REGISTRATION DISTRIBUTORS) - but not reload any page! Because in current situation you mix both traditional HTML page loading with fast JS navigation.

I believe it's a breeze to reprogram this JS applet :)

It's rocket science because you don know how to do it:)
    Robrecht post a nice thread about this : Kemper midi automation thread

You'd need to add a midi track in your DAW, route it to your Kemper (audio interface Midi Out to Kemper midi In) and program the relevant PC or CC messages at the correct locations. The way to do that differs for every DAW though.

I started a thread a while ago with some general observations and tips:
    Kemper midi automation thread
    Edit -- lol, ninja'd for my own link by @DamianGreda. :D

Thanks folks for the link - so I have to buy 70'ish MIDI cable now :P

I need just 1 MIDI cable to go DAW -> Kemper? No need for bidirectional transmition here?

Interesting! I would like to learn how you use Browse mode and the Remote with any efficiency. Stepping through hundreds of rigs with the Remote seems very time consuming and not at all beneficial to my work flow.

Cheers,

Mats N

I am not using remote and I don't have one :) In the other topic I just wonder if people use Performance mode without Remote - does it make sense?

I realized that and that is the reason for my frustration. I wanted it to be CSS-ish.

Cheers,

Mats N

It makes little sense to detach Perfomance Pool from Browse pool, because Performance you use to set the list of "rigs" for your live playing. And Browser mode lets you to go through all rigs on Kemper, to play through or record in studio. When Performance mode rig would be anyhow reference to Browser mode rig, anything you do to rig in Browser mode is populated to it's reference rig in Performance mode. If you delete rig from Browser mode "accidently :-)" it would be deleted from Performance mode, from every Performance leaving empty slots in Performances i guess.

This is just to divide studio playing and live playing - this was the idea of Kemper folks :)

For your knowledge I am not using Performance mode.

I would love to make o Poll "who uses Perfomance Mode without Remote", but I just can't :)

When you look on Youtube folks playing their Kempers, they are in Browse mode :) First thing Kemper manual say to you - turn the knob to BROWSE mode :)

You said The "5 rig limit" is per performance - well performance is when you play live isn't it? :) You play one song live and have 5 different "rigs" for intro, chorus, verse etc. On next song you use next performance with 5 "rigs", "slots" or so :)

Just wondering - do you have Remote? :)

According to Manual

Performance Mode is a powerful tool that allows to organize Rigs in “Performances” detached from your Browse Pool. So this is not CSS-ish ;)

For me, it does not work that way. :( Chrome 42, Opera 32, FF 39

Firefox 41.0.2 here - I don't know if you understood DonPetersen. You can CLICK (not just MouseOver) on SUPPORT and it will LOAD new page and then menu items will be displayed for SUPPORT.

But this is not UX friendly - just change displaying relevant submenu when user clicks menu option not when he places mouse over it.

Ok I pressed SUPPORT but now I want to go to FAQ (not DOWNLOADS) and on the way to left 80% chance that mouse cursor move out :)

@skoczy just click "SUPPORT" then the lower menu will stay in place with "DOWNLOADS" already pre-selected.

?(

Clicking on the SUPPORT loads new page "http://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads" which takes some time, depending of server load.

Moving mouse over SUPPORT load ajax menu instantly, making user want to hit Downloads to get there.

This solution just breaks basic User eXperience that I am used to. I would love to do poll if it is intuitive on new thread, but unfortunately it's not working feature :)

I don't use that page very much, so not really problem for me. And I have direct link to downloads in my bookmarks, but that JS menu is simlpy user-UNfriendly. :(

I use browsers' suggestions for URL, so when I type "k" in URL address field, browser autocompletes it with "http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/" I press cursor down on keyboard to choose right URL and I hit enter - 20x faster than navigating through this menu :) Now imagine someone heard about Kemper and visited their website - I would be ****** with that clumsy menu :)

Here I try going from SUPPORT to Downloads

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There might be a misunderstanding, but as I wrote above and confirmed again right now, you do NOT have to press enter to save an edit to a tag in RM. Double click on the entry in the inspector, edit and then click wherever you wanna go next.

Here is a quote from the manual:

"While you’re at it, take a look at the w Inspector on the right. It shows a table containing loads of additional
    info about the selected Rig. The information can also be edited by double-clicking on a cell."

Yes, you HAVE to press enter to save the edited tag in RigManager :)

Just try to edit any Rig tag and move mouse cursor to another rig and come back to what you just edited :)

And I am talking Windows edition 1.5.16.11403

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yep, I've done a couple of gigs and lots of rehearsals like this now and I'm never going back to those Fred Astaire days. :D

My band has no keyboard player so we play with pre-recorded synths (the drummer gets a clicktrack in his headphones and keeps us all in sync). Of course we still like to jam and improvise "off the clock", but for finished songs it works very well. Automating all those program changes allows us to concentrate on our playing, interact with the audience and enjoy the gig. I think deep down every guitarist yearns for this -- I know I did for years and really felt liberated when we got it working.

How do you do it? You have like 10 songs (mp3) loaded 1 after another in DAW and after cursor reaches end of song1 DAW triggers performance change? Rocket science for me.