Posts by skoczy

You don't need a re-amp device at all.

Just route the the track from your daw to your SPDIF out, on the KPA input section enable SPDIF in, and then record the SPDIF out from the KPA to your interface SPDIF in in your DAW on another track, hit play + record and you're done.

Also just for those that don't know your KPA is a reamping box, you can use the same route to reamp through a real amp if you use the direct output on the back of your KPA to then send the signal on to your amplifier.

Ufffff you saved my life. I got scared after two initial responses. Buying even more gear to re-amp? No way!

So to sum up:

1) I insert raw track in my DAW + I route output of this track to S/PDIF out of my interface
    2) I connect S/PDIF output of my interface to S/PDIF input of Kemper, I enable S/PDIF in Kempera in INPUT section.
    3) I connect Kemper's S/PDIF output to interaface's S/PDIF input.
    4) I create new track in DAW and I select interaface's S/PDIF as input.
    5) Hit play and record? (Can it be done simoultanelously? I use reaper...)

Hi

I just got *.wav files with raw telecaster recordings. I would like them to be played by Kemper. This way I would know, how this tele would sound through Kemper and through my speakers, through particular profiles.

Is this that complex reamping thing which I should do? I never managed to understand it... I have S/PDIF equipped interface. Could you give me the simplest way to connect all gear with cables, to hear how this raw tele samples would sound using my shiny toaster?

Thanks for understanding

On a more general point (a bit off topic) I wonder what the legal difference is between A) ripping a CD and selling the sound file that you created to others and B) profiling an amp and selling the profile you created to others. Both are copying sounds created by others to the potential detriment of the original creator. Anyone here know what the legal difference is?

Interesting.

When you rip CD and sell mp3, you sell file/product which has the same information/same song - it sounds the same (if there are two same things on this world except two nucleuses). When you profile an amp... you sell the *.kipr file, you actually don't sell the sound. You sell the file with information how KPA should react trying to recreate sound that has been just ripped. When you play with physical amp, this amp has such information coded in the circuits.

What's more profiling concerns also speakers - Celestions, Eminences etc....

I'm not accusing anybody at all. I am also interested if the law affects profiling in any way? But wait there are modelers. What LINE6 has been doing last 20 years? How the modelers work? Engeneers try to code some EPROMS to imitate real amp circuits.

IR files - are they stealing just fingerprints of real spekaers? They seem to be analogy to *.kipr file which has the fingerprint of an amp. You need KPA to use *.kipr files, you need software to use IR files. Nobody sued IR files creators.

Long discussion here.

One more..

Both are copying sounds created by others

In case of ripping CD, yes you copy the sound. In case of profiling you don't copy the sound. You create the information for KPA, how to recreate the sound (analogy to creating IR files for cab response players like kefir...). In my opinion when you profile an amp you do in one minute what LINE6 engineers do for 2~3 years when developing new POD to recreate Marshalls even better than lately.

I always have hilarious time watching while Scott plays Les Paul over inlays on freatboard and says "ohhhhhh it's bright!" then he shifts to area without inlay and he says "oh good God it's waaaaarm" - 6:10 in this video. He's straight straight in your face with this :D

Besides he has many very informative videos on guitars. Some videos are over an hour long.

Yeah,
    the IMO problem is often that most people compare two different things... you have two guitars which differ for the fretboard and other things, and you end up stating that the difference lies only in the detail you're taking into consideration!

Yeah like - Mahogany is waaaaarm because my Gibson sounds waaaaarmer that my maple strat which is bright and tight. Take virtually the same guitars and just replace the fingerboard. And we're talking about sound when plugged in.

I have very intense talk on the thread on some forums - I asked how the woods affects the tone when plugged in (in virtually 2 same guitars, just differing by the wood). I have 180 replies just by few weeks.

I asked Gibson twice using their web form this question, they never responded me. What a DMFs =)

This video from Scott is so hilarious =) he has many more videos very infromative. Subscribed him long time ago.

I always laugh hard watching this part :thumbup:

#6 min 10 secs#

Sure a sort of navigation on presets side should be introduced!
    +1

And ultra nice would be this. When you start turning browse, somewhere on upper side of LCD display letters would appear like D F M S V meaning D/13, Fender, Marshall, Vox rigs. Or any letters that rigs starting by these letters exist. Then the question is how would you pick the letter you are interested in since you have 4 buttons above the LCD display, but this just came to my mind - it is how contacts book work in Android phones. You press the letter on the right and it navigates you to the contacts beginning with that letter.

Crazy?

I think some early kemper video with the switched headphone/input taped over was long before the kemper was released. Before they decided which position was best.

I saw this video and they did it because power cord input is on the left (at the back) so they moved guitar input form left to the right to avoid any interferences possible.

vote for it both my hands and legs. I feel tired asking what guitar and what pickups, what pickup position were used in "Link your music" subforum. obviously 4th strat "quacky" position sounds hell different on VOX AC15 than gibson les paul 498R bumbucker.

Just curious, I own an old Peavey PVR-1 which by its specs is as flat as it gets, wondering if anyone ever tried that. Also since it's a condenser which requires phantom power I was thinking about getting one of these:

[Blocked Image: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/cms/images/product/samson/processors/s-class-mini/sphantom/S-phantom-display.jpg]

Anyone ever tried this one? Is it any good? And more importantly, I'm not sure whether or not it will pass the 48v on at its output, if it does will that hurt the KPA input?

I got this SAMSON DI-Box. It is transparent and silent for my condenser mic STUDIO ELECTRONIC SE2200a, output is line level, so no worry you won't hurt KPA. Anyway you need 9V to power it (unless you use phantom power from your interface).