Posts by skoczy

Each to his own. I don't nothing else than the kemper. I don't move around in the house and play . I don't play guitar in the couch when watching tv when I'm alone(not very often).

Sure, your needs may vary. But I know how playing desktop amp, just made me play.

I've been using my Yamaha THR30II basically everyday for last 18 months. Unfortunately Kemper went to the closet. Really, throughout this time I haven't switched it even once. But I decided to keep it, it served me for 10 years and will for another decades.

What made me play THR everyday? Ease of use and functionality overall.

1) It starts in no time

2) It has builtin speakers and great streaming audio quality

3) It is portable, you can take it with you, because you love guitar you take it with you

4) It has Bluetooth, launch backing track on YouTube on your phone and you're ready to play

5) It has built-in battery, you can move it around, even do small busking

6) It looks beautiful (although beauty is subjective)

7) It has an app to load profiles, edit parameters

Few days ago suddenly I couldn't power it on anymore and sent back to the dealer, so I took Kemper back and played it. Yes, it has better sound quality, what people instantly noticed when I publish me playing guitar. But it is a different beast.

I can see desktop amps market is still growing, BOSS just launched Cube Dual LX. If Kemper would build such amp, I'd buy it. Having THR funcionality and Kempers sound in a box, sounds like what every home musician needs. With THR my playing skyrocketed. Mostly because of ease of use, I play using 1 or two presets. Who knows, maybe ckemper has already something in R&D department, or maybe some working device with v1.01 firmware....

This is simply a limitation of the software, no matter which way you cut it, unfortunately. For example, I have a collection of performances that I want to swap out the amp for.

I cannot do this without a kemper plugged into rig manager. Unfortunately, the software is not very user friendly, and hasn't improved since I purchased a kemper in 2018. Seems a shame that this is an aspect that has been left behind.

Why crying? There are lot of other options on the market. Life is so short and beautiful, yet some people choose the way of bitterness. Option 1) sell Kemper, buy gear which has features you need. Option 2) Develop better software. Option 3) The best one - learn how to live with full acceptance of thing you cannot change.

I use Elixir strings too since many years. I don't know if it brings a better sound (they have many products (polyweb , nanoweb, optiweb following the sound you want to obtain)) but those strings really last longer than others !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

actually I broke highe E string 2 days after restinging my strat with elixirs, I changed it to spare ernie ball string and it now sounds... 100% the same

It's not the arrow that makes the difference, it's the hunter that shoots it.

Going with recommendation, recently I restrung my strat with Elixir NanoWeb Super Light 9-42.

They were supposed to be worth the price and sound even better when not plugged compared to "regular" strings.

Well, doing the almighty E chord after restringing, they just sound as... electric strings.

However already broke B and high E strings, while doing bends.

So I bought spare Ernie Ball B and high E strings "just in case".

All in all, still sound is in your fingers :) but also how you interpret it in your head :)

Has Kemper enough processing prettier power (and will to do it) to implement Infinite Sample Sustainer?

Sampling and holding the guitar signal creates a sound surface over which to play.

Layering allows to stack multiple layers of held notes and chords to create harmonies.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I won’t dispute it. But people like shiny new things. I bet half the people that have and still use the current KPA would buy a new version if they sold one. Musicians see a new product in a catalogue and they have to have it.

Desire is a root cause of all suffering in this life. Good musicians know, that they only need to have skills to play which they develop by constant work, and they need pure joy out of playing. Life worth living is more about feeling than having.

Yes, this is true for "analog" representation of time. But what about the "digital" version? Would you really prefer "5 pm" to "17"? To be fair, all this discussion seems to me a bit ridicoulus. I can live with both versions, but to implement it as an option is for me priority no. 9999999.... :)

I learned how to tell the time, when there were analog clocks in my life / I haven't seen digital. 12 is easier to remember than 24.

And really, this request is priority infinity. But if you don't enjoy playing, you start requesting this and that...