Posts by Animus

I got a VG99 awhile back just to see how it was. Hated it and sold it right away. All the "modeling" felt like an effect and sounded like a "mp3" is the best I can describe it as.

Exactly, and the rumors of the KPA forgetting certain programmed midi functions - I am sorry for my unclear choice of words!

A quick comment about posting on different boards: When I am here, I don't go raving about my AFX, and when I'm posting at Fractal I don't rave about the Kemper - this just seems appropriate to me, but I still try to be honest about it all. I am getting some *excellent* sounds from my KPA Amp profiles - basic sound is no longer an issue for me. It is the instabilities and question marks that keep me from entertaining the thought of taking it on the road for an extended tour. I honestly thought by now these issues would be in the past, but I realize Kemper is a small company and I really want to see them succeed. It does baffle me that the Amp/Profiling part can be so great, yet the supporting OS seems so far behind.... In the end, I believe Mr. Kemper is a brilliant man and so is his 'invention', but it looks like the OS has a lot of catching up to do and I hope it is sooner than later.

PS: Let's hear it again for Andy and his beautiful profiles - I say Kemper needs him!!! 8o

You wouldn't know the AxeFX's OS is so far ahead. It changes so often I don't see how one could rely on it. I was just at the Fractal forums the other day and read numerous pos†s about version 6 changing the sound of people's presets (sizzle and fizzle), and that seems to have happened with a lot of their updates. That's one thing I couldn't deal with. With the Kemper the sound is "already" there and there's no need to chase the dragon. I see the Kemper as an "amp" first and foremost, and anything else is just gravy. If you wan† a digital effects box, then get the Axe.

I don't think is a question of fairness, Hadley is a pro and he's big enough to decide what he wants to use on Tour. Even Larry Carlton goes on Tour with his Bludotone and the Dumble stays in studio. There are a lot of things to be taken in consideration when making a Tournee, not last that the artistic director and the producer are also part of those decisions. They are just tools, I see nothing negative for us or for the Kemper if Hadley decides to go on Tour with the Axe. Andy Innes has decided for the Kemper...so what? Does it make it better sounding? Or Hadley worse? IMHO, not....

Or to do with your endorsements.

OK - I must ask the obvious question: What is so different about the Kemper software code that prevents it from being as robust as many other modeling units that sell for a small fraction of it's price? (Boss, Digitech, Line6, Fender, Zoom, etc) Pray tell...

The difference is this is a brand new product with some growing pains.

I think the bottom line for the KPA is that most users feel it does it's primary function (amp profiling) very well, but it is still not a complete, comprehensive package for doing serious recording or live gigs that demand quiet performance and simultaneous in-depth effects. For $1,800 plus shipping, does this seem too much to ask?

Do real amps have "in depth effects" onboard? They can cost up to twice as much and might only have reverb. I think $1800 is a fair price for what you get, and is way more successful imo in representing real tube amp tone over the $2600 AxeFXII.

We''ve all been there as the support can get a little cultish. And the 120% realer reviews are coming out already. But in all honesty people on this forum have been accused of both of those too. I am just glad and hope that we keep that kind of childishness to a minimum.

And when 6.01 comes out it will be 140 percent even more realer. :)

From what I have read and experienced if you are going into red on the input light you are getting true digital clipping rather than pushing into the amp harder.

I consider Distortion sense to be sort of a boost. With hot pickups you have to back off on in the Clean sense since going into digital, instead of a real analog amp which can †ake the beating on the front end without clipping. So after you back off the input you can adjust the gain post input and push into the amp harder as you would with a hot pickup into a real amp. That's how I see it at least.

+1000 I have high dollar converters/clock setup and it doesn't make sense to clock everything to the Kemper, so the digital i/o on the Kemper is just taking up space right now.

My two biggest beefs:

No editor/librarian
    You can't clock the spdif i/o as a slave.

Other than that it's awesome. The effects (comp, boost/dirt mostly) I want to use in it are good enough and I have a Eventide H8000 for everything else.

Sounds cool! Nice guitars. Only thing that bothers me is those anemic drums (sounds like Toontrack?). Turn em up and the whole mix will have more punch and power..

dude, I am not belittling anyone. If you get a corncob up your ass just because I jokingly call it AssFX and then come all the way over to the Kemper forum to lambast people for saying they gave up the waiting list slot since they liked the Kemper better then you are the one with the problem and confirmation bias insecurity.

Sorry to hurt your feelings there bro. Being the sensitive type maybe you shouldn't come to a forum of a competing product and expect to hear nice comments. And yeah cool. Maybe get some real amps. Us Kemper users have those too.