Posts by Animus

The thing I hate about cab autoload is that it will automatically load and exit after a few seconds. Kind of tedious trying to audition cabs. I wish you could just stay in browse and preview each cab and when you found the one you want then you could choose to load or escape.

nice rack!! some great stuff in there. Do you still use your litlle labs by the way or are you using the kpa's direct out for clean di signal in case youre planning to reamp?
    Im asking because i have been using the same reamp box but havent had the chance to compare both ways (tho i still think youll need the reamp box if not for tracking the di but for reamping..)
    Cheers!

I am using my Direct out for my Stereo Loop with the Eventide so I will probably have to use the Red Eye for DI, but maybe just reamp coming back in with SPDIF. This weekend I hope to play around and see what works best. I wish we had total control of routing of all the i/o in the KPA.

Thought I'd make a discrete thread with this request. Is this doable in the future and when? I know the Virus synths can slave so I am really hoping this is a possibility with the Kemper. It's a real bitch changing my studio clocking to slave to the Kemper when I want to record as I have a pretty complicated routing setup with wordkclock etc.

thanks

As soon as anyone sends me a link with a clean DI-Track and the original distorted part I can make a profile within minutes. You need to deliver a clean DI track though - and not a track with distorted guitars. I had to sit down and learn the main riff from My Curse / Killswitch for my last profile which wasn't a big deal but without a clean DI track you don't get very close to the original. Once this track has been recorded I can send it through my rectifier, record it with a mic and analyze it with Ozone. After this I turn on the matchmaking function in Ozone and make a LOG profile which sounds awesome =)

I thought LOG uses Mesa Mark amps?

Well to be honest, the "hurry" is that it is incredibly tedious to try to organize files on the Kemper. The original pods didnt have them because there were only like 12 amps. Not much organization needed there. Axe Edit, though its been in beta, has been around for quite a long time. With so many profiles there needs to be away to quickly organize things. Im well aware there are in fact work arounds such as labeling, but that takes time as well. Especially if done on the Kemper itself. Not trying to be the squeaky wheel here, but most modern guitarists who have modelers have the ability to organize their presets. I want that ability as well. My rig count got up to over 900 rigs. Its cumbersome to try and delete one by one. The only logical way to do it is delete everything and re-import everything you want. Still takes too much time.

Maybe Im in the minority here. But Im completely frustrated that something has yet to be produced for rig management. I see the need for a floor board, but not an urgent need. I see a need for more effects, but not an urgent need. I do see an urgent need for some type of librarian/editor. Obviously if Im the only one who thinks that is an urgent need, then I am in the minority. And so be it, Ill wait. But I personally think this needs to be addressed in a timely manner. Its taken Elevenrack almost 3 years to get a stand alone editor. Still not available yet....but theres "talk" of it coming. One of the main reasons I left the 11r. So hopefully Kemper will address this. If not, so be it. Ill mange with or without it one way or another. Id just like the ease of being able to manage rigs quickly and effectively....................maybe the word urgent, is too strong of a word to use.

I believe it took Fractal several years to come out with Axe Edit and then it was
    "be†a" for quite awhile. THe Kemper has only been out for 4 or so months. lol I am sure they will get us an editor as soon as they can. It's not something you king knock out over a lunch break I'd imagine.

I'm starting to figure out that I can't get a good loud, crisp guitar tone... like the blues ones for example on soundcloud.... my addictive drum tracks sound good, clear and crisp and powerful... but the guitar just doesn't seem to.. tried the other guitar too... these guitars sound fine through amps... and great in the headphones from the kemper... there must be something that I am not doing right or well... I asked Daniel Domino fro soundcloud about his Blues Test KPA track... he said nothing much was done, just kemper - interface and DAW... I really wonder what the heck I am doing wrong... I go kemper to m audio fast track pro to computer.... and reaper... I wish it was easier, I find myself searching youtube and the net a lot trying to figure things out :) :cursing:

One thing to keep in mind is not just the guitar tone itself. Even if you had Daniel's exact tone it might not sound good in your "mix" depending on how you mixed and what other instruments/sounds that make up your mix and the quality of them. A mix is like a puzzle. When you change the sound of one element it will make the perception of another element different. That's why you often hear people say never solo sounds when mixing as what sounds good own it's own often won't sound good in the context of the mix. Often times good mix guitars tones sound like shit when isolated but when mixed in with the rest of the music fit like a glove.

That was a good one lol :D
    Feels great here with open discussions without deleted threads, banned users and threats.
    Other competitive gear can be discussed here without one product being singled out and censored when it is released.
    Good atmosphere here.

What turned me off the most was when the Fractal dude called his customers "crybabies" over the AxeFXII waiting list fiasco. I totally don't get why you would say such things to your userbase, the very people that support you.

Yeah, really odd. The KPA has only been out for 6 or 7 months, less than that in the US. Fractal has been at it for 7 years now? And they took years to get a working editor afaik, and I am sure AxeFX has had it's share of growing pains in the beginning. Have some patience guys. It's a brand new product. There are kinks and missing features but they will be addressed I am sure. I am excited about the future with the KPA. They got one thing right from the beginning which is the most important. The Sound.