Posts by Animus

I'd love an S/PDif slave functionality for ease of use (is that even possible?)

I believe the Virus hardware has slaveable spdif connections so I don't see why the KPA couldn't. I am hoping its more of just haven't gotten around to it sort of thing. And they seem to be having a lot of problems getting the digital to work right as it is with all the reports of pops and clicks.

Don't discount the idiocy of the shipper. I once sold a Eventide DSP6000 to a guy. Packaged it up perfectly and solidly. Buyer got it and one of the rack ears were bent but there was no sign of damage to the box the buyer said. Was probably just dropped from a good height. UPS is definitely one of the worse. Once I went to a UPS terminal to pick up a package. I was waiting for the truck to return. The loading dock had bay doors on both sides with a conveyor belt system in the middle. Trucks were backed in on both sides while workers were li†erally throwing boxes onto and from the trucks. Some boxes would roll off the conveyor belts onto the floor.

Small note to say more Samples added today. (not sure I do it justice to be fair)
    Still more to come!

In the future it would really be cool when you profile to make samples of both the real amp and the profile.

Just bought a few of them.

Also, keep in mind, the currency is in British pounds so to And44 it's a lot cheaper price than in US conversion.

It has already been discussed.
    Think that almost any VST/AU has been cracked, and giving one of the core feature (profile player) to a VST could drop the sales and make us Kemper pioneers very upset :cursing:
    I'd prefere that i could use the KPA as master/slave thru digital in/out plus a midi editor.

None of the new ilok 2 Eden stuff has been cracked nor any Syncrosoft stuff in years.

I think it would be cool as hell with a vst plugin but not likely to happen. Though there is a precedent with it for Kemper with the Virus Powercore vst which I have and is awesome.

Another option for protection would be like Line 6 does with Pod Farm, which can use the Pod hardware as a "dongle" via USB. The KPA does have a usb port. :)

I doubt Kemper are having problems growing, if they even wanted too. The KPA is a hot item and selling like hotcakes. The bigger danger is a company growing faster than they should and trying to handle more stuff than they logistically can. I think that amp company DAR is a prime example of that with their Future Breed Machine series. They had announced two different amp heads, a floorboard amp and a cab impulse piece of gear and they were originally supposed to be released over a year ago. They took preorders and sold out of all the first runs. They have had delays after delays with a severe lack of communiction. Just now the first amp head is starting to slowly trickle off production. People are pissed and screaming for their product or money back.

Trust me, I do know how long it takes for both design, engineering, manufacturing, logistics, distribution, etc... it's my day job and has been for several years now in the Music Industry.

And from what I saw so far, I don't see why it would take over a year to get it done (unless it's definitely not a priority or they are completely redesigning the boards).

Phil

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a rack version but honestly it's low priority for me. I'd much rather them work on the firmware, fixing things, adding missing functionality and and new features.

It takes more time than you think. They have to design it. Think about logistics. Source parts. Tool up . Build the run.

I don't see why they wouldn't offer ride through capacity to survive a power blip....its basic electronics. As soon as the warranty is out, I may attempt to add a battery or capacitor (depending on the internal design) unless the rack really intrigues me.

bd

Why not just get a small UPS and mount it to the back of the rack. Done. You'd have probably 10 to 20 minutes of playing time at least in case of power loss. :)

yep I noticed this as well - I thought it was just me! Initially I thought it was due to playing my nylon string detuned, with the decreased tension taking longer to be tracked by the tuner. But later I noticed it with my strat in standard tuning. No real biggie, but I preferred things as they were before - the 'needle' keeps disappearing...

Good. So I am not insane thinking that something changed. It's almost become too unusable to use.

Yes, but why would you use a real amp live without a cab? For FRFR or InEAR you would use the KPA, wouldnt you? Btw, those Berhringer Di Boxes are really nice, i have 8 of them running in my studio and never had any problem with them.

oh gotcha, I thought you were discussing replacing the cabs of real amps with the Kemper cabs for sole reason.

I am sure the Behringer is nice. I had some bad experience with their audio stuff but still use the BCF2000 as a midi CC controller.

Anyone notice any tracking funkiness with the tuner in 1.09? The level floating ball thingie doesn't show up until it get's close to center pitch. It disappears if it falls out too far to the left or right. I never noticed this before so I am wondering if something changed in the firmware?

Even more simple and affordable, just pust a Di Box like the Behringer GI-100 between your amp and your cab. Then feed the Di Signal into the return of the KPA. This will get you the power amp sound and it costs only 32€.

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_gi100_ultra-g.htm

You will still need a speaker load/attenuator unless you want hear your real cab at the same time as the Kemper, Doesn't look like that Behringer has any load bearing capabilities, and even if it does I don't know if I would trust my amp with a 30 dollar box with "Behringer" on it it. :)