Posts by Brattcave

Now try that amp with any cab in combination. Perhaps this will get you closer...

My mate found out his wife was leaving him via an answer phone message. He was broken until I played the message back through one of Till's cab. He never looked back.
    Everything sounds better through Till's cabs. Fact. Sort of.

Its becoming painfully obvious that my personality doesn't quite fit in with this forum. I'm very sorry for disrupting your party fellas. No hard feelings. I'll keep my posting to a minimum.

Will - don't stress about the rough and tumble. Just a wild shot here but are you from outside Europe? If so do take into account that we're quite a forthright bunch who like to lock our best buddies in wardrobes for weeks. Keep posting and argue things out - that's what forums are for. And to admit criminal misdemeanors regarding kidnapped mates. Bear in mind that if you met any of the folks on here somewhere we'd probably all gravitate towards eachother as self confessed gear heads. Unless that person was donbarzini of course... and there was a wardrobe lying around.

By the way - I'm sure the Devs or CK will chime in soon - this thread has moved so fast... I went out for some milk, got back and now I should be chucking my KPA out apparently. :whistling:

8o ... Now this is genius :D

Please... save the word "Genius" for more genious things, or maybe for Cliff. :whistling:
    Although this is probably the reason why 'aliasing' never bothered me.
    I use this tape all over really - although I have had objections when I've used it in the bedroom... still, the tape helps to drown out the horrified screams.
    That one maybe won't make it into the Wikpa...

With the new aux in feature why not just plug in a metronome (or better still...some groovy beat from an MP3 player) and listen this way? Just a thought...
    I currently run a continuous backing track of applause and screaming adulation through the KPA as I play but a steady beat might be more useful upon reflection...

Surprised this thread isn't trending on twitter... 8)
    The clips posted by Armin certainly sound different to my ears (I prefer his 1.5.2 clips). I didn't detect any immediate changes through my AKG K271 cans immediately after updating and I had spent 2 hours before this auditioning and deleting rigs to make room for the update. There have been some posts theorising that some sort of filter has been applied to reduce the effects of aliasing, but this is what CK posted on that (other) infamous thread:
    "...it takes only three seconds for me to speed up our algorithms for the next firmware. But this would eat up some of the headroom for the future."

I'm no DSP programmer (!) but he never mentioned fixing this with any sort of Hi cut filtering - could speeding up the algorithm attenuate higher frequencies? Who knows...Then again it could just be that we kinda need something new to obsess about :D

Hopefully a Dev or the guru himself will chime in here and say something like: Whoops, my bad... I knocked the presence control down whilst over doing it with my NAMM Hotel minibar..." 8)

Sorry to hear that - but I'm sure you'll be back one day.
    In the meantime the Scuffham software seems to be getting some decent reviews, then get your mate to re-amp your tracks for you :)
    Hope you get back on your Kemper feet soon - and when you do think what updates will probably await you :thumbup:

Hi Alex - I was looking at the A7X or the A5X as well. What size room are you looking to use these in? It might help if posters could add the approx room size theirs are being used in as well. Looking forward to hearing comments on this...
    Cheers :thumbup:

Please save the word "Genius" for more genious things, or maybe for Cliff.

Ok then, with regards to responding to user requests we'll settle for genialness... 8) (Puntastic...)
    Seriously though, massive thanks to CK and the team for this one. :thumbup:
    Goes to the heart of this unit's main strengths as a great amp box. Wondering what else they have in store for us in later updates...

Quick update to say thanks for the advice given - I received my Blonde Baja Tele today and it spanks! :D
    The neck is certainly solid (!) but it feels just right to me. Factory setup actually seems pretty decent - I wasn't expecting the earth from a Mex made guitar but I was pleasantly surprised on the build quality. The frets are nicely finished and the intonation seems fine to my ear. I'll see how it settles down before I explore any mods but I do like the twang you get from these 3 saddle bridges. The Twisted Tele neck pick up is currently getting the most use - very nice...

Plugging into the KPA and I realised this is a very distinct guitar! Currently enjoying the Amp Factory's vintage pack especially the 61 Twin clean. I look forward to revisiting some of the other rigs that users have recommended for Teles. So far this thing is a keeper! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Brett

Quick dumb Q - would it make any difference if the dry track had been recorded from a different source before being re-amped by the KPA ? (e.g Pod, VST plugin, direct signal from a pre amp etc)

Like many of us, I saw the thread on M.Wagener recently - re-amping is his thing and yet he was glowing in his praise. I wonder how he's getting round this? I know we shouldn't have to use external gear such as a little Labs IBP to get around this but would this work? I'm just looking for an interim solution until this gets (hopefully) fixed. Do we know if the tech support guys are actually working on this issue? Thanks to r_u-sirius for highlighting this.

What would be really great if CK could chime in about this...

I think Guitartone is probably right here. Apart from the fact he seems pretty well connected in terms of knowing what's coming up... take a listen to some of the vid clips from CK himself - he quite often mentions his vision for the KPA being primarily an amp, rather than a 'bells and whistles' Multi FX do-it-all. There was talk of ramping up the sampling to avoid some aliasing some users have been reporting. The upcoming performance mode will take more memory... then there's the issue raised by r_u_sirius regarding 'constant internal latency' and the problems it appears to have on re-amping. By the time these things are implemented (Fixes + advertised features) I'm not sure how much room would be left...

I'm not saying it wouldn't be good to get some pitch based effects. Hey - I hope you're right - it would stop me having to shell out for something like the Eventide Pitch Factor :thumbup:

I'm just not gonna count on seeing these sort of things from the KPA...

At the moment, I'm only playing an American Deluxe Strat with the N3's.

I'm using the same guitar ! A tobacco ash deluxe, lovely necks on these models. You get things sorted? Plenty of good advice given already it seems.
    If it's any use I've got my clean sens set to 3 and dist sens at 1. There was a thread recently where people were posting their various settings entitled: 'What kind of PU do you use?' As mentioned - as long as your not clipping the input with the clean sens it shouldn't have much bearing on dirty amps. Just keep experimenting - if you make a backup before you start you can always restore things later. Have fun...

Hi Resonator. What specifically are you having trouble with? It's possible you're over thinking this clean & distortion sense lark. Give us some specific questions and I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. Don't fear the toaster... Although I wouldn't stare directly at it...or feed it after midnight. :)

You can but only the X and Mod. Press and hold Effects, select one of the 2 and press Move

Mmmmm, I can do this with the stomp section but when I try this on the post effects I don't seem to have any options - they are all blanked out. I'm currently on 1.5.2 - is this something that has changed with later updates? As usual, it's entirely possible that I'm being a numpty...