Posts by and44

Hey, are these supposed to be .rar files? I can't get them to download correctly. Do I need to convert the files somehow?Thanks!

You need to get an unpacker such as winrar or winzip
    you can then open the contents and the patches/cabs are all inside.
    you then need to drag these to the shared folder of your USB drive

good luck.

Yeah ive heard tons of phase probs (back in the day) a lot of 80's rock!. a lot of the prolems was because of the big sound..and back then, you HAD to crank your 3 marshal heads all running 2x12 to number 11!. - then they would mic up.. and a lot of the time the air alone would move the lil mic even a MM or so, throwing out the phase in certain places :)

Phase is a beast..worse when using offaxis mics! so I dont do that when micing multicabs.. too much headache!

Not allowed to do this these days.. well meh!.. wont need too.. we have KPA! :)

Whitenoise.
    i alling my mics first as if im doing a normal record session. - I blow out white nose in amp room, untill its all perfect.
    I then run the mics via a patchbay into preamps, > then into a subgroup.
    Then the Amps, I run those into a 4 way splitter box, that goes into the desk, out of the subgroup and into the KPA
    Your getting latency because of your subgroups possibly, therfore casuing delay throwing the phase out?
    this depends on the desk. and how its setup. - but I only get phase issues if my mics are not set correctly. (plus I also have a phase invert on the channel strips for the rear mics)
    err there is a bit more to it that that.. but in a nutshell thats it.. im not in studio currently so cant tell you exctally.

But the fist few days was non-eventfull just couldnt get it to work.. refining basiclly killed it.. several re-wires later and it works. : )

Dont forget that duel amps and its cabs the speakers are differnt. - inset depth and also soem speakers generally have there own delay. some Greens have about 50ms delay.. so you will need matching cabs or workable speakers) for it to work.. - this is why i said in my first post.. some work.. some dont.. but im lucky enough to have the luxory of changing..

If your getting a delay on one side.- you will have to compensate. - a great way of doing this.. is run a dirt box or something, full gain. (or several) so you get loads of noise. - then mic up the noise with headphones on : )

Do try again.. im sure you will get it!

I will try that..
    as I always find myself sitting there.. its like cracking a safe for gawds sake!! turn turn turn..wait.. turn turn turn.. click.

Hard to say if it is or not, all I can say is try things. - you will need a "Y" box of some sort to get the amps back to the Kemper. or a Submix for the Mics + Amp group on your desk.
    it does do room mics, but not as you would expect. (hard to explain) - again better if you just dig in. : )

...Ever wonderd what say, an Orange rockverb, mixed with a voxac30 with a bit of Fender twin would sound like ?

well now you can..

My new adventures start right here! and also my new project...
    Im blending amps in studio, in a complex way I might add!. but it works, (sometimes)

Im trying to capture the heart of recording systems, and that means 1 amp is sometimes never enough. so Ive 3 on this one blended together. - of course this now leads a door wide open for endless possibilities, that I can see myself diving towards..natrually : )

Although this is a LOT more work and head scrathing, as some amps blend well, some dont. so a lot of to and fro. but these 3 made my blues dream rig happen today. (finally after 3 days trying to get it to work) - Althogh refining is a bit harder here, as the KPA cant quite pickup the transients correctly with that much data. - but it does get close. - and is indeed IMO a bigger sound than a single rig. - I was told it was impossible.. well I prooved tech support wrong :)

You really need to play it to understand the bigness really.. the clip doesnt do it justice, mainly becasue of the fool who demod it!. (serios one day I'll get some proper demos up and correct nice playing I promise)

Here is a sample.. err crap playing.. litterally one take on my strat. direct from Kemper to PT to you.
    CLIP!

And for those that want to test it out.. here is the patch I used. Bearing in mind no data is applied to it, just profoiled over one of my patches. also its 100% raw)
    PATCH!

Have Funzies!

..You kindda hear this a lot from folk (Funnily enough mostly axeII users, pre ver6.0) - "Oh the Kemper is just a rip off", and "this will put great small luithers out of work" - now they have ver 6.0 - all of a sudden its ok.. funny that!

FWIW..I think we all had a thought like this at one time or another, but untill you actually get one, play it, profile a lot, you understand that its not the same as having the actual amp, its just recording a snapshot of what your doing at the time.

But I never did meet anyone who got nasty about it : )
    Jelous you think?

Thanks for the kind words..
    But Im not edorsed by kemper therfore they wont take me serisouly : ) - Plus CK prob never tried many user patches, I cant see him downloading them
    They have there own studio to do profiles, possily already paid for over the next year at a guess.
    But if they were ever looking for a new guy!.. i'd like to be that guy : ) - will never happen.. but just sayin!

We HAVE TO HAVE the Performance mode or some other method of transferring favourite rigs into a different section.
    So, we can have 1400 rigs in the Browse section, but 50 in the Performance mode section.

Problem solved.

Actually is this documented to how the performance system will work?
    If not is should be.. its a damm fine idea!

Awsome guys Nice one..
    it all helps : )
    Been in the studio today trying something totally new.
    More details to come later..(need to make sure it works first)
    A

...Your wanting a Digital copy.. of a Digital copy?

Ive never tried the axe presets so I cant comment, but it sounds like its not such a smart idea, I could be wrong though, and happy to be : )

I know this may sound like a silly suggestion..but I had this very problem.. you have to hit submit at the bottom of the page once you changed the settings.
    : )

here is a small tip for you, with regards to the 57..

Normally I hate central placing mics, unless its pure clean.. - but for dirt it produces the better signal.. but its too harsh in the uppermids and generally awfull sounding.
    However.. if you have a pop filter. - tyr placing that over the front of the sm57 and place it dead center. - you get a more boomy sound, without the harsh highs/mids. and also its like micing up a differnt part of the speaker that simply does not exist. - Ive not done this yet in my profiles but studios do it all the time.. ive recorded folk with that trick before with great results..

Another thing you want to try is use the most high/mid rangy mics you have up front closer to the center of the speaker.. and then use the ribbon mic and place it 2/12 inches or so at the rear of the cab. - and blend that in.. can get an amazing depth to the sound. but invert the phase on the mixer though..

Otherwise you got it down well, as your profiles sound good.

be carefull with long cable runs though as impedience disapears quickly the longer the cable.. and tone sucking starts..unless you used some sort of buffer?