Posts by and44

Hi Prof : )

Refining was hit and miss most of the time.. - Sometimes to get an accurate copy, it took about 30/40 secs.. sometimes (the more delicate harmonic tones) i.e baseman/57 etc took a little longer. - I think max was about 5 mins or something..but average played each one about a min or so. - some amps were stubborn though.. and I had to profile it about 8 times before getting a good attempt!..(the plexi) a few sputts and stutters.. (old amp) think kemper nearly killed it.. although I blame the aliens!

The Input sensi varies..I adjusted this to get a more mainstream vol change throughout. - I use vintage guitars mostly so they are low output. so I need to crank mine quite far. 5-6k in the singles. - Some players will have active pickups that can output 12k or something. so hence why they might run at about 2

This is your call really. - dial in to taste and lock it.: )

AS far as I know there is only 1 person actually selling profiles. - and I cant remember who that is
    But as others have said.. - just take a look at the exchange/forums. there are plenty to choose from!
    Kemper have openly said there future free rigpacks and content will be free.

Hi Bob : )

Well yeah EQ can be your best friend but also your worst nightmare, - (dont get me started on that lol)
    SOme EQ's are damaging no matter what...luckily the Kempers EQ lets you do "creative EQ" rather than "Corrective" if you understand my term. - its very musical.
    The Bogner profiles I really dug deep, but had to hold back on any more becasue I didnt know what outcome would be for somone else.

Also a tip here. - When your apply EQ. trying doing it by hearing and not looking. - if you look then you automaticlly, and mathmatically do the right thing. although its actually incorrrect if you see what I mean.. :)

Im oldschool.. give me knobs and i'll twiddle them till i cant no more! : )

Hi Bob. : )

Well sort of. - In my first post I said i'd profile flat. - so the extra work was to make up for that..- also gives people more flexability as they can then tweek/enhance to taste, rather than have my own personal settings.

The ones I did are how I'd use them, closer matching how I set the amps in the first place.
    Everyones guitar/setup is so differnt..and so when profiling for a larger audience you gotta think more generic and flat!.
    So 90% of the time amps were all flat as they could be.. with the exception of adding extra bass.. as a general rule to recording.. its easier to subtract bass than to add.
    Hope that answers your question.
    Andy

Thanks guys.

One thing I am concerned about though is the "heavier" side to all things rock!. im not a metal player, although I did some research before hand, I hope that I can keep you happy also. (i.e the Mesa's/treadplates etc) - id be intersted to hear from any of the metal/higainers out there for better or for worse..
    As there is nothing like real world feedback. and I can take that info into the next rigpack i do!.
    (oh yeah there is plenty more)

I'd like to improve where I can, onwards and upwards.
    Thankyou so much for listining.

Sorry for the delay in getting the extra stuff I did for you guys.
    Im trying to figure out still how to save just the cabs to the flah drive to share.
    Once this is figured out, i'll post a link to that on first page too.

Thanks for all the comments, its people like you that make people like me wnat to do more to help :)

Andy

Ok Folks its done.. Please see first post.. new updated INFO - and Link to the Profiles

Enjoy!

Also.. if somone can please tell me how to export the cabs.. (as I did a lot of those too) that you can blend other rigs with etc.
    Not sure how to get those without the rigs etc..

LottoLove for well everything.. - so in that case I'll do everything lol! - there are a few more amps im forgetting.. so there will also be a few suprises in store im sure...

Did another 3 today.. so first post updated..
    Will rest my ears and tackle again in morning!.

Hey ho to one 'n all.

Here is My "And44ClassicRig Pack"

Ok so the Amps... in No particualr Order.

Marshall 67 Plexi - Profiled 3 Mics - U87/57/121 on Rear
    Marshall JCM800 84 - Profiled 3Mics - U67/57/121 on Rear
    Fender 57 Twin - Profiled 3 Mics - U87/121/U67 on Rear
    Fender 69 SR -Profiled 3 Mics - 57/U87/121 on Rear
    Matchless DC30 - Profiled 2 Mics - U67/57
    Carr Slant 6v6 - Profiled 3 Mics - U67/57/121 on Rear
    MesaBoogie 86 Mark IIc - Profiled 3 Mics - 57/421/121 on Rear
    Fender 1961 Bassman - Profiled 3 Mics - U67/57/121 on Rear
    Vox AC Top Boost 66 - Profiled 3 Mics - U87/421/121 on Rear
    WEM 70 Dominater - Profiled 2 Mics - U67/121
    Bogner Ecstasy - Profiled 2 Mics - 57/421
    Divided by 13 - Profiled 2 Mics - U87/121
    Mesa Treadplate 92 - Profiled (Same cab as Mark2C)
    TwoRock Classic Reverb - Profiled -3 Mics U87/57/121 on Rear
    Blackstar Artisan 15H - Profiled 2 Mics 57/U87
    Randall RM50 (This amp failed to work sorry, No idea why yet)
    Riviera Knucklhead KR100 (Tubes Blown, will Profile this in a few weeks)

Dirt Pedals.

Timmy
    PiggyFX BrownPig
    PiggyFX FlashDrive
    TC Darkmatter
    Ibanez TS9
    Earthquaker Whitelight
    Blackout Twosome Fuzz

Additional Information and cabs.

All Amps were captured with highest quality Pre's using top of the range Mics. - some amps have effects some done.. was depending on the moment.. and if it really made a difference or not.

Also as a Bonus I also ran a Clean Poweramp through to most cabs (where possible) to capture just the cabinet. using multimic setups.

Included are :-

Marshall 4x12 GreenBacks
    Marshall 4x12 V30
    Marshall 4x12 G12
    Orange 4x12 V30
    Carr 2x12 Patriot Em.
    Bassman 1961 4x10 Jensons
    Fender Twin 2x12 Jensons
    Fender 1x12 ext cab (did not write down speaker sorry)
    Mesa 4x12 - V30
    Mesa 4x12 -C90
    Vox AC30 Blues
    D/13 2x12
    ENG 4x12
    Matchless DC30
    Bogner 4x12 V30

Also for fun.. I did 2 Marshall cabs with Just ROOM mics.. so if you re-amp you can add those for that fatter feel.

Ive gone through and done a quick play test of all.. its up to you to find the sweetspot. as My guitar/tone will differ from your own. - for me.. I mostly play Blues/Rock and use the neck pickup on my strat/tele so thats wht I dialed in my tone for. - but everything was recorded pretty much Flat so its good to tweek!.
    I'mm going to wrap these up very soon for you all to download..
    But its been a bust 2 weeks getting it all done!.
    Now skint lol.

Here is a Clip from Audioholic to show some of the samples
    http://www.energiestudios.com/…%27s%20Classic%20Amps.mp3

Here is another clip from Audioholic using the Bogner patches
    http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/EP%20-%20Live%20On.mp3

Love them or hate them, but here they are! all 122 Profiles!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35035441/And44ClassicRigPack.rar

Here are the Cabs you can use on anything..
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35035441/And44Cabs.rar

NOTE: - To get 100% Clarity in the cabs, I had to run through a "flat" poweramp before hitting the cabs. - this means you will need to EQ the cabs once you chosen. - I'd recommend the Graphic EQ that comes with the Kemper :)

Have fun!

Good times!
    Peace
    A

P.S If anyone wants to pass a donation to me (Not optional) then feel free to send me a PM :) - or paypal is [email protected]

Ok just uploaded 3 of the profiles I worked on.
    They still perhaps need some work.. but they are fun to play with.

Gilmour (Sorrow high gain) - play the intro to that and its pretty much exact!
    Gilmour Clean Shine. - Shine on you crazy diamond lead intro sound.. - adn then press chrous to add the melody parts.
    Gilmour Run, gilmours delayed fun with Run. adn his "open" chord sound.. thats the important part.

Play em, and see how ya like em :)

I almost forgot about this,, I deleted the soundfile from SC. so its not available no more..
    But I did make a great preset.. still not quite finished.
    Im pally with Pete Cornish who has told me his signal chain and sent me a ton of pics of his rig/setup etc. - so thats how I was able to get close :)
    but the thing you gotta bear in mind with gilmour..

His sound is not regular sound.. its a collaberation of all sorts of mics and cabs.

Cornish pedalboard has a DI out that goes to a palmer(I think its one of those). - also 57's on the cab direct. - and he used rear mics a lot with openback. - this is what gets him his FAT tone. (I do this all the time now though.. stick a 121 on my openback) sounds crud on its own, but blended its great. and of course (stadium mics) or room mics also to blend..he runs in stereo (wet/dry rig) and of course His fingers! (this is a lot to do with it) - as he picked up McArtneys guitar.. and he sounded like gilmour still.. but McArtney picked up gilmours rig. and still sounded like McArtney....so personally I want to bid for his fingers!!!

He has modified Fane speakers in his Hiwatt too. that go down to 3k (standard were 5k) as he uses the DI mic to blend in the highs from mixer.
    This is not based on facts btw! as Ive never seen this in person.. but have chased his tone (and failed) long enough for folk who has worked with him to tell me whats what etc.. :) although they still hold things back..so there is still a few secrets that folk cant talk about!. grrrr!

I say my profile is very close.. the closest I ever had it before.. but sadly my fingers dont match his, so meh!.
    I'll finish that off soon and throw it up for you lot to RockFloyd!
    Peace.

Jimmy, Redwirez spent years developing there IR set. - they did it all, then tested..3 month beta test and so forth. - then went back and refined more to get things correct... and also gave the Paying public exactly what they wanted.. "Choice" - and also this is differnt to the KPA.

Spending a few days in a studio is not woth paying money for. - if he spent a few months crafting his art, giving us 10 differnt mic models of the same amp, and at various angles/degrees etc.. then yeah.. it will be worth it. - you can then say.. Ok this guy has spent the time over x months to deliver a solid product to sell. so for My money I get X Y and Z!..this is more complex than saying, hey I have a great mic. therfore I can charge folk.. but its not valid and thats the point why a lot of us are anoyed by it.

Becasue quality of mic pre's or quality of room does not come into effect with the KPA. we are paying for his mic choice, and HIS amp settings. - but JoeBloggs over there can easy hire a Royer121 mic for 10 dollers a day. and profile all his amps at home and upload them for free, with perhaps simular or better results.

There will always be free stuff in this community, thats how it works.. and how it SHOULD work given the fact that KPA wanted a share community.
    But soon as a few folk start to charge others for the work involved, then it will all go downhill from there!.,
    I mean if ya'll want the amps so bad. go hire them, there are a lot of vintage rentals for a cheap day ticket. and you can then profile it yourself with the settings YOU want instead of paying someone a bunch of cash for HIS settings and not yoru own.

Ok ive said enough on this subject. my thoughts are clear.
    If he wants to do it. I cant stop him. free world etc.
    Just its all too early for this to happen currently!

I agree with Rez..
    Ive been profiling a lot of Vintage amps last 5 days.. (at cost to me) to hire good mics. so why should I now share them after this?
    But really I do them for me. and I share because somone out there my benifit from my work.- NOT for profit
    After all is this not what KPA community is about?
    By doing this whole Purchace a Profile situation, your making everyone out there feel worthless, or even pontless, and will see less and less profiles posted.
    It will be a chain effect.. - whats to stop Person X profiling his amp, adding a charge.. then Person Y sees this and also decides to do the same becasuse person X can do it.. so on and so forth. before you know it.. the KPA community is no more. - more to the point you end up with spammers in threads trying to sell there warez!
    WHY you think the AKAI Died.. that started off the same, a free sample share house.. untill a few guys decided to sell samples..Big buisness now sure..but the whole system closed down pretty fast!

Anwyay.. I also think the OP is thinking this way too early. - I mean I expected this to happen.. but I expected it much further when the KPA was a more stable unit.. as well, we all know its still beta and there is a lot of improvments to come. so its best to wait at least a year or so untill the unit, AND community has grown a lot more.
    There..said it.. disagree with me or not. but its how I feel.
    A

Editor or Rig Management?

I may be the only one here. - But can we have Both (hides)
    Rig management is defo needed as profiling 10 amps in a day is quicker than frikkin typing scrollyletters into the kpa! arrgyh!
    however.. I find the kemper fiddly at times,and as im in fron of the PC when i record.. to be able to duplicte what I do on the KPA but in software form would be a massive saver for recording sessions. - But i'd rather have the management first :)