Posts by and44

Quoted from "okstrat"
    I may just put up say the first set of studio marshall profiles on a webpage with a paypal 'donate' link. If you like em and use em, send me what you think they are worth. Go by the honor system.

This is much better idea...

Need somone to test some rare profiles of mine in a mix situation (Im busy in studio so I wont have time to test fully)
    Would like to hassle somone who can fully test and offer me critques before I unleesh all these to the world :)
    Please PM me for full details etc. if interested

I like your idea and have no problem paying a small fee. But in your case, if YOU even own all those great amps i would think about investing the money in some nice recording gear like mikes, absorbers or perhaps a BIG isolation box that where you can put your 4 x 12 in.

If you are recording vocals i would always prefer a recording studio with all that voodoo outboard gear, hi end converters, perfect room ambience and other stuff.

But in the case of creating KPA profiles i think it is a whole different story. The KPA wont capture any reverb tails, so you actually wont a need a specially treated, great sounding recording room. I would also not use any outboard gear except a good EQ maybe. Even a high end converter gets you nowhere because the KPA will use its own converters anyway. The main aspect is the choice of mikes and the way to place and mix them. But imo this is just a learning process that needs time and training and not excessive amounts of expensive gear. In the end it remains a matter of your own taste that no engineer can judge as good as you can. I always encourgae everyone to try for themselves, because compared to other stuff, guitar recording is rather simple.

This is well said, and I share the same thought.
    Personally I wont pay for other folks profiles, because I simply wont trust the person doing it..if im _THAT_ serious about getting a profile I can easy go hire any amp I want at a small cost for the day to profile myself. - your asking a lot of folk to put a lot of trust in your own work. that many others can do at home themselves at the same quality. (Near enough) and the chances are.. yeah great! you have prfoiles a rare amp, but yoru settings wont work with my mix... - if doing mysefl then they will as I knwo what I want. - so you have to be generic.. and that doesnt blend well for future great profiles!

So in order for them to be worth the while they will need to be perfect quality, consitant, variations of distance and mic. - so your already adding a whole world of work.
    And secondly, the KPA community is a sharing one. - so If you want to go profile all those amps at a pro studio (waste of time) - then go for it for your own personal reasons.. but I for one wont be getting on in the game, sorry.

And is not sharing part of the fun anwyay? - I spend a lot of my own money to get profiles up, and I would never think about asking coin for it. - I do it for myself, and if others want to use the same sound then good.

In time we will see a LOT of this.. and this will turn me off the KPA in a big way.. folk trying to profit on profiling a few amps. - just turn the page, there are already a fair few great profiles that cover 95% of music styles. its not exactly short of choice now is it!, and its still EARLY days!

My 2cents..

Your right, your the first to mention about an editor! :)

WoW how come we didnt think of that!
    Ok Ok Im teasing sorry. I suggest to look around fella, there are a gazillion threads on this topic

But gratz for your Kemper purchace. the fun will start here

so nice that i actually ordered a pedal!

can you please let us know what /13 amp it is. Also, do you have any profiles of the amp with no pedals?

thanks!

Awsome.. and yeah its an amazing sounding pedal.. USE the bright switch to really dial in that something extra BrownPlexi stuff!

The amp is a SJT 10/20 D/13 - real nice!

Ive since then re-done them all but under my MarshallPlexi too now.. so will upload those at some point aswell. :)

Im actually selling all thse pedals...(the whole pedalboard actually) if your in UK we shoudl talk :)

1.Editor
    2.More cab options, (Room ambience etc) without using reverb for it.
    3.I want the KPA to tell me if Ive edited a sound..by somhow flashinglight,, or maybe a differnt LED screen colour when you are editing a profile.. - Ive lost so much good work, when Ive been tracking.. and messed with a profile for ages. - then left the room, come back and changed the patch without saving.. as there is no way to tell if its a edited patch or not! (hope this makes sence)

Thanks - Will try these asap! :thumbup: Is your example clip directly out of the KPA?

Yup 100%. direct to PT, then direct to a MP3. no tweeking, nothing.
    Its not exactly good playin. was a quick 10 min noddle to show the sounds of how I hear them.
    includes all mistakes and warts n all!. - but Its fine for what it serves :)

Maybe somone else can do a better demo than me.. seems im better at profiling than playing lol!

Thanks all for the comments.
    I know sound is subjective so I know these are not for everyone.
    But this is why the KPA is so great, to give us the ability to share what we hold so close to us.

Your samples sound great !
    I will try these ones.
    How would you rate the profiles accuracy ?

I would say its 98% there. - It lost a little of the lowermids, but its barbly noticable, but basically its my tone in a box now.
    it still amazes me.. - I spent thousands to chase my tone.. and now you have it for free in a box :) blows ya mind dont it!

Ok Finally had time to sit down and do them correctly. (Soundlink at bottom of page)

So here are a few stomps in front of the D/13, Using a U67 Mic, and persoanlly they sound great! (98% close to what I hear normally if I mic up!)

The way they break up is amazing! (kemper really captures that)

They are all up in the exchange now.

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/zorjamm/IMG_1014.jpg]

The filenames are named according to the stomp. - everything was flat and 2 version of each pedal was profiled.. half and max.

=A-2Some D/13 - This is the BlackoutEffectors Twsome Fuzz. (this didnt profile that great though, but tweekable)
    =A-Brown+Timmy - Both the Brownpig+Timmy activated for a thick blues lead.
    =A-BrownFull - PiggyFX Brownpig on 100% gain
    =A-BrownPig - PiggyFX Brownpig on 50% Gain
    =A-DarkFull - TC Darkmatter on 100% gain
    =A-Darkmatter - TC Darkmatter on 50% gain
    =A-FlashDrive - PiggyFX Flashdrive on 50% Gain
    =A-FlashFull - PiggyFX Flashdrive on 100% Gain
    =A-Timmy - Timmy on 50% Gain
    =A-TimmyFull - Timmy on 100% Gain
    =A-Whitelight - Earthquaker Devices Whitelight on 50% gain

Each profile is still raw.. I just added a bit of reverb for the sake of playing around.. - As I dont want to tweek something for me personally that wont work for anyoneelse. - so you need to do that if you so wish.

Thease are not for you metalheads im afraid :) - if yoru into Blues/Rock then its perfect!

Hope you enjoy them..
    Here is a clip for a quick listen - played on my 65 Strat. - it aint a masterpeice but will give you an idea :)

http://soundcloud.com/and44/kemper

I really do urge people to try it. its fab!
    and well done though Rez.. all your stuff is great.. really good quality. even if you profile or tweek, whatever it is you seem to get the best out of what you do!. so that deserves a thumbs up in my book!

Keep up the good work fella!. i'll be watching closely for new stuff from you :)

Ok Sorted it now.. was indead a dead "Tip" of the SPDIF cable.. just swaped it over and all is working as intended ;)
    Thankyou all for trying to help anwyay..
    Your all very helpful round here!

Yes it does record both Kemper and the dry signal with no probs at all..
    Im guessing perhaps its a faulty SPDIF cable at this stage.. because all the connections make sence in my eyes (and expereince)
    I'll go try a new one I guess.

Right just tried the Direct out.. and all good!.

But there is a problem with the (lack of) reamping!.
    Let me explain my setup so you can let me know what Im doing wrong..

ElevenRack my inteface. - Kemper is plugged into the 11R via a 2 way SPDIF cable (in/out)

Direct cable is going from the Kemper to the input of the 11R to get dry signal (perfect)

So.. I can now record the Kemper AND dry signal for remaping later... all is good... but no.

First I set SPDIF input to ON from the kemper Input switch

I use Protools, so Ive set the Dry signal to use Output (SPDIF) - then made a new track in PT and The input is set to Kemper input (also SPDIF)
    Arm the track for record.. and press play.. and Nada!!
    Nothing at all.

No idea why, as this shoudl be playing the signal back through the kemper?

Am I doing anything wrong here?