Posts by and44

Ok.. So, im toyed around with the Kemper now to want to do a few recording tests etc. (im going to use the kemper to re-track my forthcoming album) so a lot of work ahead but before I start...This is my need list.

To record my chosen sound from the kemper
    To record a DI signal ready for re-amp later (for those times the sounds just is not right) - PLus to get some room cabs involved etc.

My recording chain is..

ElvenRack as my interface, Kemper hooked up on SPDIF

Any advise how I would get this DI signal?
    Andy

well On the cabinet section, you could just have a extra Tab (for cab2 obv)
    You can also have a phase invert switch for this very reason of OOP mics. its not so hard to do to be honest. but IS if the CPU is alrady at max.
    Or maybe we can load our own IR's?

Anwyay.. was simply a thought, nothing more :)

Thats cool to see it used like that!
    That is my goal eventually to use it live like that, we have a big tour approaching but worried about its long term stability, espically when the midi side of it does not work correctly yet. - and we have differnt flavours in our setlist so I cant just dial a tone and play!.

I see you position it very close to where your standing. - is this so you can dial in your presets quick? as you mention you dont have a foot controller yet?

Best of luck
    Andy

Would this be possible? - to be able to select 2 cabs with differnt mics if need be..(hell if CPU allows duel amps too)
    then have a blend knob to blend to taste?
    or will it run out of DSP power?
    Sorry if this has been said before.

I recently did this too, but after a LOT of shopping around I went for the Matrix1000GT I use the 2U version..(its designed from the ground up to work with these types of units.) a great affordable poweramp with plenty of balls to its name.

I currently paly live with my 11R still.. untill Kemper make a rack version, and Ive uilt a good portfolio of sounds to use, eventually the 11R with be replaced. (as it does sound better) but IMO its not ready yet to play live gigs!.

There is a smaller 1U version the 800GTX - it is simular in responce to a Tubeamp but being SS out the box. - I'd highly recommenmd one of these..now I run this with my speakercab on stage.. and I get that real Oompf of an amp in the room feeling that I so dearly missed with using these things. they are based in UK, but have US offices and suppliers. - you can run it how you want. but this is how I'd prefer! :)
    FOH is fine, but you dont get the ampINroom effect. likewise with FRFR.

http://matrixguitaramplification.com/

Whoever you are you made my bloody day!
    Been playing a profile called "-Sweet Crunch+" and love it..
    Based on a JCM I think. (Possible a TSL100?) it does not say....

Great sound..really bloody great! well done sir..!

That is all.. now move on.

wow thanks.
    but (someone has to ask,, guess it will be nooby me)
    With all this hard effort you have done.
    do I just copy all this to the shared folder?
    Will the kemper put them in order as you have here?
    Only had the kemper for a short while so im still learning these things.
    thanks.

Cheers, its sounds better in person than on recording.
    But im getting clicks in the profile currently, so thats why I cant release it yet, untill I solve these issues.. Might be a bad cable or something.. will have a bash again shortly see if I can make it a bit more acceptable

I'll upload this thread when its ready for all to download! :)

Well after using the Kemper for a few days..I can seriosuly agree that an editor would be a MASSIVE step forwards.. renaming profiles is the biggest pain ever. would be so cool to have a onscreen editor so you can arrange stomps, effects, cabs etc etc... tweek with mouse rather than twiddle lil knbos and randomly press buttons all day long!.

Realize its still early days and we prob wont see an editor for a year or so. but just wanted to echo what everyone else is thinking!

Somone help me.. I have a Kemper here with 650 presets, amazing cabs (apparently) - BUT I cant get of the goddam first patch, the Princeton by those funky Kemper folk!.

Need to explore the unit.. but just having too much fun with that sound right now.. wonderfull..although very ironic.. as I had a prince once.. and didnt like it!... guess owning one makes you more jugemental and helps see the flaws of you trying to proove purchace sorrta thing..

I will dig deep tommrow! - not my fault the Kemper boots up on that patch!..
    I tried to profile my amps earlier to cure my addiction.. but NO!.. Damm prince of kemper struck my ass once again!

Ok.. I gotta go.. the Prince is calling...

Oh for what its worth.. I editied it, Bit of Reverb.. then on stomp 1 added a trebble booster, set at max volume, tone to taste.. - then added a studio EQ to offer a bit of boost..use the volume on guitar.. and your in perfect muscial heaven!..Amen!

Just added 3 profiles
    SM57 M60 with Alinco Golds (Not V30's as my profiles suggest) got the cabs mixed up when micing is all :)

Clean Profile, slight bit of hair
    2nd Profile with added Timmy Pedal in chain
    3rd with the PiggyFX BrownPig for the Brown Sound!

My chain is normall as follows (these are all based on my lead work mostly, but can be used for r-i-v-u-m too)
    Guitar >Earthquaker WhiteLight>[OD pedal]>AMP

Hope you Enjoy!
    (My first profiles, but let me know any feedback so I can improve)

Thank you very much, will (try) to go through them tonight!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... if your anything like me...Ive 650 Presets loaded..
    and thought Right here I go!..1st one loaded last night.... - ended up playing the same sound untouched for about 3 hours.. then switched it off..
    Today.... loaded the 2nd patch... and another 2 hours...
    2 down!..648 to go!..yikes!... that means.. i'll be err into Kemper3 territory before I finished the 1st lot!

I'm running KPA into 11R via SPDIF with no problems. You really just need to create your Pro Tools session at 44.1khz and it should work fine once you deactive the amp section on the 11r. You can also experiment with DI profile on the Kemper with a cab on the 11R.

I'm starting to realize how critical the cabs are on the Kemper so I'm now wondering how the 11R rigs sound using the Kemper's cabs?

Mind telling me how you setup ypur Protools I/O for the Kemper to record? - and your Juts using the 1 cable from Out of the kemper to in of the 11R?