Posts by hoth

Don't leave out and44, audioholic, and Dada, :) In the first five pages there are 27 Kemper threads and 28 Axe threads. Scott doesn't shut down Kemper threads he shuts down threads where people start arguing and slinging mud.
    I personally think the Kemper is an exceptional product and have done nothing but post praises about it since I first heard about it May 2011. I want one but a rack would really work for me.
    I post about the Axe because I have one. If I had a Pod HD or a Kemper I would probably post about those too.
    I really didn't think posting the aliasing test thing was a good idea at all. I don't hear anything but great clips from the Kemper. If it has some weird aliasing thing I don't think anybody cares because it just sounds so damn good.
    Heck I even made a thread comparing my clip with Valtiel's Dr Z and stating his had a magic I couldn't get.

lol. I meant that more from how prolific you are! I don't know how you find the time for all those clips. From your posts I know that you are fair and just are excited by the equipment you have. Hope you didn't take offense because none was meant. I post a lot less on TGP because I am pretty content with my equipment these days and don't need to take part in the bickering, but I appreciate your posts on the latest and greatest of what modeling technology can do.

All righty then, I will. I've got the SVX, Hendrix and a bunch of stuff from the Amplitube custom shop. I thought there might be a weird issue considering the latency, but I guess not. I'll post when I get something good.

All of the Amplitube Slash profiles that imposted were obviously profiles of vst's. Was very easy to do and no latency issues. Just have to make sure that you have your input output gains right both physically and in the software.

Hmmmm. I look forward to trying your profiles but I see none of these amps put recently nor any profiles under the name Hayes. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw this thread today. The program works great on my mac running OSX Mountain Lion. I am not sure exactly how I would use the CSV file but it seems nice for cataloguing and searching through my downloaded and/or installed profiles. Thanks for all the hard work and the great program!

Waraba is making a mac version for an profile editor.

We are waiting for an management tool, but never heard that kemper doing it now. kemper will prefer there web site rig exchange for now and they have a lot of work with the power amp and midi board. But sure, this could happen.
    I have a lot of ideas and hope it will also be useful tomorrow. We will see. I hope not to waste my time.
    We will see.

Ralf

For mac users maybe they could look into a program called Crossover. I use it to run small Windows programs on my Mac and hope I can use it for your program too.

It is unfortunate that Kemper have not even told us whether or not they are working on a rig management tool. I think that is a real failure on their part. However, I am sure that if you come out with a useful tool, the good people in this community would help you out monetarily so that even if Kemper releases their own tool you will at least not have wasted your time. Thanks for taking the initiative!

Is this really possible? A new QSC K 12 with 1000 Watt?

Next time I tweak the sound to a better level. Overdrive sounds are not so present. To much bass and not enough mids.

Two things which I am sure you know but I will point out in case anyone out there does not. When these PA type speakers say 1000 watts, they don't really mean it in the way that you think, i.e., it's not 10 times the power of a 100 watt Marshall head. The second point is make sure to tweak your sound at volume because loudness affects perceived tone due to the fletcher-munson curve.

There is a seediness to this whole thing that I think will just turn people off to FAS. Reminds me of the review from Tony McKenzie (http://www.tonymckenzie.com/kemper-amps-review.htm). At the time I bought the KPA, I read his review and thought who cares about personalities. What matters is the tone. However, in retrospect and after all the good interactions on this forum, especially from CK, I think it does matter. But the KPA does win on tone anyway. Anyone who has read my posts on here knows I am in no way a fanboy and have been very critical of many things in the KPA. All the theorizing, postulating and wasted energy on TGP about something that isn't really even an issue is just sad - but that's par for the course for TGP.

I can create a specific test in which a Toyota beats a Ferrari but tell me how many people would rather have the Toyota? (not that the difference is that wide between the boxes but you know what I mean)

In conclusion, when i read the last comments, this is the best aliasing phenomenon ever made with a modeler. :D

What I am saying is that I have a tool that works and sounds great in 99% of situations for me. Should I scrap it because of one graph of one situation that may not even relate to me most of the time? I trust my ears and my ears tell me that the sound is better for me than other tools I have used. I have no vested interest in any of these tools so I will keep trusting my ears and keeping things simple.

Of course I would appreciate CK weighing in on this question but here is what I posted on TGP:

"Well, the KPA still sounds great to me even with the aliasing. I can't imagine how good it sounds once this "issue" is completely taken care of. I was a Standard and II user and would be happy to go back to them if I was not getting good results from the KPA. However, I do not believe that Cliff has acquitted himself well in various posts here and on the FAS Forum. And while that should not matter as tone is most important to me, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and would make me think twice about going back."

Perhaps I do not hear this aliasing as I usual roll off a lot of the 8k and above area in most profiles, especially high gain.

Thanks for the reply. Headphone is working/sounding nice connected to other gear. Sorry to say, I can't adjust headphone sound with my main out eq. Tried to turn all the knobs, none of the respond. Tried to check in the boxes "Main out link, Monitor out link, Headphone link and monitor cab off" None of then makes any difference to the headphone tone(knobs are working fine in other settings). Now I'm starting to get worried. I have already made one reboot, since then I've made hundreds of adjustments and I am quit happy with the monitor out sound that I'm using. Don't know if I've got the strength to do it all over again :S I'm running the headphone output at -20db, main vol. -18, monitor vol. at -25. /Hans J

I had the same issue with the headphone out. It was just unusable for me. My solution when I use headphones is I listen to them through a mini mixer connected to the monitor out. Sounds perfect this way.

These bonus profiles are HUGE. Wow, I am blown away by these profiles. Really having a great time. I actually wasn't a big fan of your earlier tweaked versions and preferred the "raw" but these really hit the nail on the head. Having a great time with these. Thanks so much!