Posts by stefherbuel

I was able to create the same results in seconds with my real Marshall.

hi Christophe, thanks for your answer did you create this result too , here it's ONE note ?
    http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3

listen carefully "behind" the sound, very artificial noise that i never heard in my whole life in a real amp ...i tried with different profiles (and with or without noise gate, or reverb , input is set correctly , and my TYLER burning water pup are OK)
    i noticed it happens when you push the gain (but as you hear in the sample, not soo much...) or when you use dist stomp with some gain.
    please try
    it's the nature of distortion , or digital emulation ? i did'nt have this pb with DM4 line 6 or fractal audio axe fx ultra.
    no offence here, my kemper maybe have a pb.

Why are you responding to me question with what sounds like an attack? Please relax, im trying to help you. I can hear several things including harmonics caused by you pickup poles being too close to you strings, some fret issues, flat harmonic caused by the fixed length reverb and frequency attenuation caused by the noise gate. What you identify as aliasing could quite easily be any one of those, theres a lot of other stuff going on that means I can't specifically identify one aspect alone as being aliasing rather than something else. You didn't answer my question. What happens when you disable the reverb and noise gate? What happens when you move your pickup poles away from the strings?

The reason that I am asking you is in order to eliminate these extraneous "problems" and get to the core sound in order to really hear the problem on its own.

sorry if it sounded like an attack, it was not.
    the pb was here also without the reverb and noise gate.just to tell you and introduce myself i'm 43 years professionnal musician and like guitar "TONE" so i test and use a lot of gear , i also have a torpedo vb101 (exemple of amp crancked in torpedo http://rbul1.free.fr/torpedo6.mp3 ) so i can crank my amps or profile them with kemper...my guitar is a tyler burning water and works great.: it's not an instrument pb.i know about gear i'm fan of effect , routing etc.
    the first thing i noticed is with dirt stompbox in kemper because i wanted to try the fuzz....take a clean amp profile, push the gain of the fuzz virtual pedal (or another dirt pedal) , and you will notice some digital aliasing (as another one guy of this topic noticed too) (and i use to have line 6 DM4 , vg99 and axe fx ultra, no pb .. and it seems that i'm not the only one who noticed that on dirt pedal of kemper)
    after i played a direct profile in my tube amp , and noticed the same aliasing (some strange sound "behind" my note , listen carefully..http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3 "behind my note" : definitly some digital noise.
    i tried profil my amp (via load box of torpedo ) same thing.
    is it a "direct profile" pb ?maybe ...but why this pb is in the factoiry stomp box too ?
    ?(

I'm not sure what you're doing there, but i'm hearing the effects of the noise gate and a short reverb, what happens when you disable them? (also what happens when you lower your pickups away from your strings, because i'm hearing pickup interference there which is causing a harmonic warble).

and you don't hear the "digital aliasing" in the sound ???? what do you have for monitors ? i have tannoy studio monitors and i clearly hear it, like when you push the gain on the stomp dist.but here it's a profile.noise gate was off.reverb doesn't add nothing except reverb. ?(

I believe what you are hearing is something I mentioned a while back - many of the stomp distortions have a rather prevalent digital aliasing problem: the higher the gain, the bigger the problem. Not sure why this must be, because the Amp distortion has none of this... It can also be heard when bending a single high note with a higher drive setting.
    Digital aliasing creates sounds and pitches that are not a part of the normal (analog) distortion process.

some amp distortion have this pb too :here's the plexi 50 (DI profile) recorded with a zoom q3 in front of my tube amp : http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3 , and noticed in a few other profile too (often , with profile with gain).it brings me back to old boss cosm technology :(
    this pb is a real deal breaker for me , i may not keep the kemper for that reason.