Posts by waraba

Hi man , you're lucky , i was playing with my old clavinet sim ( available on Rig ex) and I came to this rig in a few minutes , pretty close , it's available on rig ex as ' A.Parsons sirius sim '

I had to use a dirty trick : set your noise gate ( main pot not the FX ) on 7 to kill the sustain and get a very short attack.

I did set up the delay on the fly, be sure to unlock every FX slot since I use most of the slotrs for my rig.

I use a strat with mid position pick and reduced vol and tone.

Adjust to your taste , there is a small warble in the tone , but it should do it.

Hi & thx for your insight, I'm allergic to apple products so I won't use BIAS and I highly doubt I will have a better tone while tweaking and AX Fx which is much too expensive in europe ...

I'm going back to revalver and will try to experiment profiling it.

Thx Don for explanations, I have to go further and try compression settings and sagging.

You should try these foolproof methods : show us your foolproof mic position(s)

I did my best rigs with a simple SM57 and this foolproof method : amp was standing on the ground, I got my SM57 angled ,and very close( almost inside the speaker ) and between the 2x10 and the results were amazing , even better than the amp itself ( check this rig : Marshall jtm 30 2x10 one for lespauls and one for strats).

Try lots of profiles and keep the best one ( I took 10 in different mic position and 5 more once I had a very good mic position , just changing the amps settings , I only kept 2 profiles )

Hi Sean I finally took some time to try them and they sound really great , with a good gain course once again. With the stock cabs they are very honky in the midrange so I did swap the cab to my JTM and a great rebel egnater and this way they are even better.

I keep them in my top ten rigs , with the last trainwreck clones, that makes a fantastic set.

Yes I know KPA is not based on component modeling, but I'll be more than happy with the following options, even if they are simulated and not profiled.

Choices of different preamps
    Choices of different power amps
    Ability to change the type of tubes on both preamp & power amp.

Profiling like 5 preamps and 5 power amps and swapping the tubes to profile them also would be a fantastic construction kit since we already got the cabs.

I'll try with an old revalver I got to test and publish the rigs if they have some interest.

I'm still OK for sustain and voicings parameters.

Yes I've read that there are a like 60 internal amp parameters , is it true ?

I'd like access ( more pages in amp button for instance ) to sustain setting. some rigs got a very very long sustain, while others are dry as possible, there must be a parameter ?

others voicing param. would be very cool too. I very often tweak definition , clarity and cabs shifting others are less important to me, I never use compression & pick for instance.

The coolest option possible would be an amp construction kit , like revalver where you pick what you want preamps, amps, tube types & so on

[Blocked Image: http://www.harmonycentral.com/…?id=31129839&d=1398382777]
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/…?id=31129838&d=1398382777

[Blocked Image: http://www.harmonycentral.com/…?id=31129841&d=1398382777] way too much options , but mighty cool
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/…?id=31129841&d=1398382777

Ah, the you tube vid so cute !
    My son did the laughing in the funky part as well as stompin the wha in rhythm while I was riffing on the tele ( funk part ) .
    We also did choose the best takes together, that was fun for him and he learns DAW pretty quick.
    He is more interested in drums than guitars , but the little sista is much more interested in guitars.

thx for this, this is a very good try for your first profile.

you might also try some other similar profiles as a reference : here is what i fount in my rig manager

author Ryan Grenlee

RIGs = MM-PRS HX/DA and MM-PRS HX/HX at the end , both channel of this amp, very good profiles.

You'll need the supro from the amp factory , sounds so good with a tele. The hiwatts will probably do it too.

a good collection of marshall is available here on the rig Ex, you'll have to sort the best ones matching your own guitars & taste.

https://soundcloud.com/waraba/soleil-satur

A long tack I've been working on for a while with the help of my son (11yo) .

No synths : bass, pads, Clavinet & Rhodes parts were recorded on my strat & vocals thx to KPA's great FXs

I did try some layered background vocals from my son and I ( with loads of FX since I only got a SM57 & a KPA to sing & record LOL , you must shout in this one to record a few dB !!!)

Hope you enjoy it , I've been using a whole truck of amps & guitars on this one ( Fryette,Davoli,vibrochamp66,JCM800,MarkIIc+,trainwreck clone,own JTM & boogie and some other cranked fenders)

Yep , my cab is pretty hot , I remember this profiling session , It went very good, I just followed the foolproof method by Don Petersen , my SM57 was very very close , angled and between the two speakers. The result was a very loud rig :D

Adjust the volume in order not to clip , but keep the cab volume up in order to get this great dynamic attack.

I also use low input settings (negative)

EQ 5 (post) is particularly good on strat leads with gain on 4, it gives a vintage feel.

By the Way, I have a slight bug with this rig :

Go to cab section , turn Low shift knob to - 2.6 and you'll get a strange warble , I don't get this on other rigs ...

Can Anyone reproduce it ?

No probz man

BB King used fender amps and especially a Big Dual Show man monster, the vibrochamp is a dwarf !!!

The Dual showman From amp factory is a great RIG also , as well as the musciman , both Killer amps for Blues , Jazz and all warm & singing cleans.