Posts by six6trings

I only could say: Hey Joe! Absolut amazing. How do you "park" a wah effect?i am looking for this lead tone for years. Could you be so kind and send the tweaked rig to my email adress, i love this [email protected]

I wish I could send it to you, but I can't. It's a profile made by the Amp Factory called LP-JCM800 DM. It's part of the UKgold 800 Hot Mod, judging by what I'm seeing in my purchase history, and it looks like it's still only £4.99 on their page. It's totally worth the five pounds, and you get several really nice profiles out of it.

I can tell you, however, how to park a wah effect. All you have to do is insert a new stompbox effect in your signal chain and set it to "Wah Wah." Set the pedal mode to on, then adjust the manual, peak, pedal range, and peak range to get the desired effect. It's basically like having a wah pedal set to a permanent position. It works well for the Satriani sound in my guitar, as the DiMarzio pickups that Satriani uses have a very pronounced midrange honk to them, kind of like having a parked wah built into his pickups. I hope that helps!

hank you for all the kind words! Oh, and BTW, I will totally do session kazoo work. I take payment in bourbon and Triscuits.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this! Thanks!

holy sh*t that made me laugh so much. - I watched the video before i read the description, and was like WTF!.

Can I add this to my Website in the video's section please?

Dude, you can absolutely add it to your videos page. You guys make killer profiles. I would be happy to assist however I can!

Hello all! Here's my cover of Joe Satriani's "The Extremist."

I used an Amp Factory Profile called LP-JCM800 DM. I tweaked it slightly adding a parked wah effect and set it at a low mix level and it gave a cool upper-midrange kind of bite to the lead tone. I recorded the rhythm bits with the unmodified version of the profile.

I don't have a harmonica, so I used 8| a kazoo for the harmonica parts. Sorry about that.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Alex

I recently grabbed The Amp Factory's Carvin Legacy profiles. Good grief are they fun as hell to play on. For the later parts of the song, I used a Maxon OD-9 and a Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah in front of the Kemper. Anyhow, here's a demo I threw together for it. Waaaayyyy too much time spent playing on these two profiles today.

Enjoy,

Alex

<youtube>

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    </youtube>

I played at a local motorcycle club last night with my Alice in Chains tribute band. Had a good time, and my wife managed to snag the last half of an impromptu solo between songs with her camera. I was using an Amp Factory Soldano Solo patch.

- Alex

Greetz, all. I was listening to a little AIC today and got the urge to do a cover of "Them Bones." I'm no vocalist, so I left those out until my singer comes over to do them, whenever we make that happen. In the meantime, here's video of the rest of the song. I used the Kemper for all the guitar and bass work.

Guitar Amp Profile: Bogner Uberschall from The Amp Factory with Ola's Mr Hector Cab (tweaked to suit the maple fretboard on my Charvel)
    Bass Amp Profile: Markbass Drt2 from The Amp Factory
    I used a Maxon OD-9 during the solo and a Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah at the very end of it.

Enjoy!

-Alex

It's possible that they aren't synced-up. I just set this computer back up, so I probably need to check my latency settings and see if something is a few ms off. Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't notice it until you pointed it out! :thumbup: You've got one hell of an ear for timing!

Hey guys. So I made a little video for a profile I made using my DV Mark Triple 6. I profiled it through an Egnater 1x12 Cab, and good grief, does it sound brutal. Anyhow, I used a cheapie guitar for this one. I recently won the guitar and thought I'd use it for the demo to prove that even a cheap guitar can be made to sound nice through the right stuff. Below is the video.

[YOUTUBE] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYAh0OsZjSM [/YOUTUBE]

- Alex