Posts by benvdd

Survived the first gigs with the new KPA setup. For anyone doubting that it can't be used live (yet)...here's the proof you're wrong :D
    KPA > Matrix GT1000 > Mesa 4x12
    control via Gordius LG2

This is actually a screenshot from a movie. Once I'm done editing, I'll post the link if anybody would be interested.

[Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/aaddmh.png]

First rehearsal with the Gordius & GT1000FX just finished.

First thoughts:
    Gordius = great! Absolute control over the basic functions (I'm controlling one additional device, next to the KPA). I still have to look into the more advanced functions but that's for later.

Matrix GT1000FX = my ears went through an adjusting phase the first 30 minutes playing it. At first I thought it sounded a bit flat, lacking that "oompf" in the low end, but after a while it turned out my sound was just more defined and lacking the "low frequency rumble" that was typical for my dual recto poweramp. I think I'm liking it more than my Mesa, but I need to play it more (and in different environments to make up my mind). Apart from that: more than enough output/headroom & very nice controlled feedback on my leadsounds!

The whole ipod/pad/phone ecosystem is a closed one, including the proprietary connections that are linked to it.
    Developing an app that can connect the iPad to the Kemper (which is a USB device) -if at all possible- would be a waste of resources on the Kemper side, and a waste of money on the consumer side (i.e. us).

Even if a third party would develop an app for an Android based system (which natively supports USB, although not many tablets have this option atm), there would be huge issues with compatibility and overall use.

Again, just my opinion and I'm not an expert, but I doubt very much that Kemper will invest time and money in developing a TABLET app in the near future.

And yes, I've worked with iPads, and they are indeed easy to use...every device that can only surf the web and display emails should be simple, no? ;)

Hmm, that's annoying but I doubt that Kemper will make the MIDI cc messages freely assignable, since that could lead to all sorts of conflicts.
    AFAIK you'll have to "upgrade" your MIDI controller and just operate each device on its own channel.

I've just got my Gordius LG yesterday, and setting it up to control the basic KPA functions was a breeze. However, due to lack of advanced MIDI control on the KPA side and/or proper documentation of the MIDI commands needed, I don't see a way to start using the advanced features of the Gordius as of yet...shame (or I'm missing something).

So what gear are you girls using in combination with your KPA when playing a gig?

Myself:
    Gordius Little Giant 2 (I decided against waiting for the Kemper controller because I need an advanced MIDI pedal that can also control my looper) + 2 Boss FV500H pedals

Matrix GT1000FX poweramp into Mesa 4x12 XL cab

Gibson Echoplex DPP looper

(Furman power, Line6 relay wireless, Korg tuner)

Both the Gordius and Matrix should arrive this week, so fingers crossed :thumbup:

I don't have a GCP but for my controller you just navigate to the patch you want, then press system and scroll to the MIDI assignment page. Patch assignment starts at MIDI CC 1 and moves up to ...?
    The list of MIDI CC to switch the pedals is in the manual and has been posted on the forum a number of times.

I use the fx return of my mesa dual rec. Somewhat overkill but it sounds great and I always have a backup if the KPA would give out live :) (never happened though)
    Will switch it out for a different poweramp in the future though but haven't made up my mind if it'll be a guitar amp or FRFR system...