Posts by almogaver

I've installed FW 1.1.1 succesfully.

However, I've found something that might be a (little) bug: Regarding "added: soft button 2 and type knob toggle sort criteria with drop list", type knob does not actually toggle sort criteria (By Name, By Author, By Date, By Amp, By Gain) but only filter criteria (‘All Rigs, ‘Current Author’, ‘Favorites’, ‘Last Imported’, and ‘My Rigs’). Toggling sort criteria is done by soft button 2 only, whereas filter criteria can be toggled by soft button 1 or type knob (at least on my KPA).

Also, while I'm playing over SPDIF I get some crackling noises every few seconds, which I did not get with FW 1.1.0.
    (For the record, the sample rate of my audio interface is set to '44100' and the sync source to 'SPDIF')

As for "added: "RigPack 02" included", is there a list of what is included in "RigPack 02"?

Just for the record, I opened Terminal, typed "python" and drag the .py file into the Terminal window, and voilà, the tag extractor ran.

PS: Using OS X 10.7.4

Edit: You can also run the tag extractor by typing "python" plus the path plus the .py file name in Terminal, e.g., "python /Users/almogaver/Documents/KPA/python_files/kpa_tag_inspector.py"

Make a backup on the usb key, open it on the pc with winrar or total commander [...]

AFAIK, WinRar and Total Commander are only available for Windows. Is there a similar app for Mac?

Zipeg can read .kpabackup files and show theirs contents organized in folders, BUT it's not possible to delete (or edit) the contents.

Thanks!

It's not accidental that the best Spanish football team coincide in time with the best Barça (FC Barcelona).
    Actually, the first three assists of the game were made by Cesc and Xavi (2), both Catalan and both Barça players (as many others in Spain).

I'm not a metalhead, though I like metal and many other styles. Actually, I play in a pop-rock-funk band. However, I must say that Refeared is absolutely mind-blowing to me! I didn't know Feared (the band) but just listened to a couple of tracks and I bought both Refeared Deluxe Edition (great bonus DVD filled with great stuff!) and Rejects albums in a heartbeat, becoming a Feared fan instantly. Keep up the good work, Ola!

Are you searching using Type or Browse knob ?

Oops... Thank you!

Factory rigs will just install..well the factory rigs...nothing to do with features ;)

You're right. The release notes just refers to new rigs, which in fact were already available with Rig Pack 01.

Hi!

After having updated the firmware, I'm not able to find the new noise gate stomps or the loop item on the effects section. Any ideas?

PS: I already went to the SYSTEM menu and hit the soft button "Factory Rigs" in order to install the new features.

I'm using a (discontinued) Axess Electronics MFC5. It has a really small footprint and it's very powerful and fully programmable. It's also really sturdy and reliable.
    It has only 5 switches (2 to switch between banks and 3 for presets), but I can even control the tap tempo and access the tuner with them.

The background: First off, let me tell you that, before purchasing the KPA, I've been using an Eleven Rack for quite a few months now, and before that, I used a Boss GT-8, PODxt, Rocktron Utopia, SanSamp PSA, Engl E530, DigiTech stuff and some more. The fact is that, above all the others, I am was very happy with my 11R and I was feeling quite comfortable with the tones it delivered, as my bandmates also did.

The story: This week I brought my 3-week-old KPA to the weekly rehearsal (I play in an amateur four-piece pop-rock-funk band). I entered the room, showed the KPA to my bandmates, chatted for a while and I finally connected my guitar to the KPA, turned it on and played some chords and licks while switching between some profiles (the Morgan AC20 profile, the Naylor SD60 Bite, a high gain one, a crunch one, a Roland Jazz Chorus, the CK Rotary Speaker, a piezo acoustic profile and a couple more). The reaction was immediate: my bandmates were mesmerized, shocked. All of them agreed that the KPA was delivering amazing tones, just so organic and rich, with lots of dynamic. "Where are the valves (tubes)?!", someone asked. They were all truly impressed by the string separation I was getting with the KPA, even with the highest gain profiles. I remember their amazed reaction to the 11R, but it was nothing compared to the impression that the KPA has caused them... and me!

Epilogue: I'm sorry but I must stop typing now: I have to keep on playing guitar with my KPA! Cheers! ;)