Posts by crhfish

I'm going a different route now, I guess I gave up. Downloading Logic onto the mac right now. I had an old version of Protools and never really bonded with it. I just did not need that much power so I'm going to try the Logic route on my mac and go direct in. So far so good.

I had this issue and was only able to resolve it by deleting some of my most recent uploaded profiles. I read somewhere that it could be a corrupted profile. I "think" thats what it was for me. I'm not sure but I think it was some trainwreck clone profiles which was sad because I liked them. If you have those, you might try and remove them.

I reconnected my 11R today using the SPDIF. Its true that the individual rig volume control will lower the signal on the SPDIF. However I have to turn it almost all the way down to get a reasonable signal in the Protools mixing window. Also the Kemper runs at 44.1 clock and the 11R I think runs at 48 out of the box but it can be adjusted. I finally got a good sound comparison using headphones once I got the 11R running at 44.1. It will operate at 48 with the Kemper at 44.1 and it clips a little, sounds a little harsh. The master volume does not adjust the SPDIF signal.

I'll check it out again this weekend. The early versions of the Kemper software did allow for the SPDIF to be adjusted. Then at some point that feature was removed. Perhaps with the latest update it is back again. One thing I checked when I did this the first time was the sound through the headphones of the kemper and then through the 11R. Through the 11R using SPDIF it was degraded and this transferred to recordings. I hope it is adjustable becasue I would prefer to use the digital.

You can try it, I did but I switched back to analog. The Kemper digital output was to hot for the 11R. It was distorted. There was no way to adjust the output from the kemper that I could find, so I went back to Analog. If you try it you will need the right SPDIF cable.

OK, I got a very fast reply, just a few hours and what they had me do worked for me. Here is the response. Since I did this, it has not happened again. Thanks Kemper!!

this issue could be fixed, if you just turn the Modulation knobs RATE and INTENSITY by 90 degrees in any direction. You could do this even while the unit is switched off. The read-out of these bi-directional 360 degree potis is a complicated matter and these potis do have a natural spread, so these don't behave exactly the same. The trick is now to optimize the software to be sensitive enough for some potis and not too sensitive for others. It could be, that one of the two potis is a bit out of the norm in your device and therefor it has its own life. As soon as the value of MODULATION RATE or INTENSITY are changing, MOD will switch on. Normally this should only happen in one particular position of this poti. So you if you turn the poto by 90 degrees, you might never experience this again. We have occasionally modified firmware to optimize the software to accomodate for the spread of these potis. But if this happens more often, your poti seems to be out of the norm and you need to get your unit repaired. This cannot be fixed via firmware, then you really have a faulty poti.

A few more things. I never played a Vox amp before and really never wanted one. My son found this amp and talked me in to buying it, it was a good deal. I am now a VOX fan. The amp is really cool. I'm a big SRV fan and oddly you can tweak these pofiles a bit and get some really good SRV sounds.

Wow, hey I'm glad you like these. Heres a little info. The amp is the handwired anniversary limited edition. To get a good full tone I had to profile it very loud. Had the mic set up close just off center. I have several mics but I have found that using a cheap samson Q8 vocal mic gives the best results when I'm profiling a loud amp. Let me say that this amp live is very cool, but it is very loud. I used an 1987 strat for the profile, stock.

Without the kemper this would be a difficult amp to use at the house. Its very, very loud, but with the kemper now, no problem.

By the way, the SL-X is really a JCM 800 with a boost. Its labeled as a JCM 900 but unlike the other 900's it does not have a clipping diode.

I am actually using two profiles on this. One is from a pinacle pedal into a Marshall TSL Superlead, the other uses one of Andy's Carr profiles that has been modified quite a bit. They both wound up with nearly the same sound. The guitar is an old B&W franky copy that I made years ago with a SD59 pickup. It was originally a Squire I bought for $25, lol. Once I got it a little closer I was going to post the one I made back up here.