Posts by sorefingers

As far as I know, you can only control stompboxes in the "EF" mode, and patches in the "Pr" and FP" modes.

I wonder what would happen, though, if you mapped a cc# you assigned to one of your rigs to a button in the "EF" mode? Can't hurt to try.

I'm pretty amateur at the whole midi thing, though. For what it's worth, I have the Eurekaprom in my FCB1010.

The FCB1010 is the best bang-for-the-buck midi controller out there. Built like a tank. I recently tried their FCV100 volume/expression pedal, and it sadly is not very good quality. All plastic.

Cool! Andy is going to be there, too. Maybe somebody could video the event for us poor Yanks?

One of the reasons I bought my Kemper was from watching the video demo Andertons had up on YouTube were they profiled an Orange, Bad Robot, and one other amp.

I tried to pull the knobs off, but some seem like they do not come off. The Master Volume, Browse, and Type knobs seem like they are not designed to be removed.

The ones I did get off measure 1/2" diameter for the small ones, and 3/4" diameter for the larger ones. Both have a 1/4" d-shaped shaft.

I'm too chicken to really pull harder on the knobs I couldn't easily remove. I will probably not replace any of them since I can't replace them all. Kind of a shame because I think some higher end knobs would have a better tactile feel and look pretty cool.

Why not try something like this, not like this one but rather one that swivels and has a larger base.
    That way you could pull it towards you when in use and push it back out of the way when you're not using it.

Of course that's if you have a wall behind your PC desk.

[Blocked Image: http://www.gear4music.com/media/21255/600/preview.jpg]

This looks cool. I'd get a big piece of industrial strength Velcro and put on the plate and the base of your Kemper. Maybe rig up some sort of monitor stand for your big 26" monitor and put the Kemper under it, or put the monitor on a swivel arm.

That Kemper perched precariously on the corner of your desk is just tempting fate. In the battle of your Kemper vs the floor, my money is on the floor unless you have some vintage 70's carpet.

I tried setting my FCB1010 with a Eurekaprom chip up tonight with no success.

I went through the PP setup procedure probably 10 times, and nothing.

I have a midi cable from the FCB1010 MIDI out into the KPA MIDI in, the MIDI channel set to 1 on the KPA, and I have no idea why it's not working. I try the Effects switches I set up to turn the stomps on and off and nothing changes on the Kemper.

Works fine with my Eleven Rack.

What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: I neglected to change the mode to "PP" by holding down buttons 1&2 while powering on the FCB1010. Works fine once I made that minor adjustment.

Everybody be sure to watch me in the Special Olympics next Summer. :pinch:

damm.. was hoping you would do this as I would love to see it :)

I still might. The holes in the side and the strap handle attachment would be a problem to work around, though.

[Blocked Image: http://media.soundonsound.com/…2/images/competition1.jpg]

I'm thinking about sticking on a German emblem, something like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN…sh=item1c2963eb19&vxp=mtr

I'd like to replace the knobs with something more vintage looking like these, or maybe vintage looking white Fender amp knobs. I don't know how easy the Kemper knobs come off or how they are mounted, though.

How practical would it be to cover the metal hood of my Kemper in Tolex cloth?

Like this: http://www.mojotone.com/amp-pa…-Brown-Striped-Tolex-54-W

Probably more trouble than it's worth, but I think my white Kemper would look pretty cool with some vintage Fender style tweed.

Just wondering if I'd be screwing around with any heat dispersing qualities of the metal.

I could probably fashion a removable cover out of flexible plastic and glue the cloth to that instead of the Kemper, and put Velcro or small plastic clips on it.

Some chickenhead knobs would look cool, too, if I find some that fit.

I'm probably late to the party on this, but I've been playing a lot of bass lately.

I was playing guitar through my Kemper last night, and lo and behold, there is an "Edge Delay" preset for the delay. Also a great slapback echo, as well as some other gems.

Chris Kemper, you sir are simply amazing. :thumbup:

I have put my Line 6 M13 up for sale, as it's pretty much just taking up space and gathering dust at this point. The only pedals I'm keeping are my EHX POG2, and my Donbarzini Fully Grown Male Individual™ Testosterizer.

I just got an inexpensive bass modeler from Zoom, the B3. There is a guitar modeler called the G3. Very simple devises, and they sound pretty decent, but nowhere near a Kemper. These two little boxes are a tenth the cost of the Kemper, but Zoom's editing software is excellent and simple.

They include a small program to completely manage your patches. You can move stomp boxes around in your signal chain, swap them out for other stomps, change amps and cabs, all through a visual interface using drag-and-drop. You can modify the parameters of each effect visually this way, too.

You can rearrange your groups of presets inpouring different patch sets, etc. copy the delete the, whatever.

My point being, if a Software can be written for a much lower end product, why not the Kemper?

I have an Eleven Rack from Avid that I still use occasionally and the geniuses who designed it force you to insert your USB iLok authorization key into your computer, then launch Pro Tools, to get to their patch editor. Seems way too over complicated to do what the user needs.

I would gladly donate to any third party developer who writes a Mac and PC compatible program that reads the info off your USB removed from the back of your Kemper, adjusts it to your satisfaction, then puts it all back together again for you. Then all you do is reinsert the USB in the back of the Kemper and boot up. If it can be done without removing the USB, then fine.

We're not asking for a feature only two or three users care about.

I just got a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone pedal, and I'm wondering if any of you have experience using a compression type pedal in front of your Kemper. Should I expect this type of pedal to function with the Kemper as it would with an actual amp and cab?

I am going from my guitar into the Philosopher's Tone, then from the PT into the guitar input on the front of my Kemper.

Would it be better to use the Loop on the Kemper?

I'm finding that some profiles take the pedal well and some don't, which is probably true of the source amps. Some profiles barely have any output when engaging the pedal, but when I load another profile then reload the previous profile everything is fine again.

For those of you with more experience using compression pedals, how does the compressor effect built into the Kemper compare with compression pedals you have used in the past?

Man, I feel your pain...

Double check the eBay listing to make sure there was no mention of damage, needing repair, etc. The seller may have even described it as excellent condition, fully functional, etc.

I'd wait a day or two and see if the seller responds favorably. If not, then file a claim with Ebay. Their dispute resolution process helped me in a similar situation.

Take pictures of the box and the guitar so you can demonstrate it wasn't shipping damage.

Why should they offer a marketing platform for free? There are a lot of other possibilities for commercial advertising like Google Adwords and others.

I don't have a problem with a separate forum section. Many amp and guitar forums have a "commercial" section to keep the spam to a minimum.

But, yeah, the Rig and Profile Exchange should be for the free stuff.....MAAAAANNNNNN!

If your Output LED turns red, the "digital fizz" is clipping and can be fixed by turning down the master volume or - for individual overloud profiles - the volume knob.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have this particular profile, but have experienced it with a few others. I thought it was my monitors at first, but playing prerecorded tracks through them were fine.

The problem for me is I'm colorblind where red/green is concerned. I don't know when I'm clipping because the red LED looks pretty much the same as the green to me. (Cue sad violin music...)

Maybe at some future date Chris Kemper can have an option of changing the default LED colors. In the meantime, I'll tweak the Master and profile volumes and see if that fixes it. In another thread along these lines, Guitarnet70 suggests checking the volume setting in some effects and the cabs, too.

Would the Clean Sense/Distortion Sense have anything to do with this as well?

7% of Fully Grown Male Individuals are colorblind, by the way.