Posts by fretboardminer

The bubble should never dissapear. If for whatever reason you have to rely on quiet tuning you need some info. Either the bubble is far on the right side of F# or it is far on the left side of G. But nothing is no info. And that's no good. On the display there is space enough before the bubble dissapears - so why should it? If you need exact quartertone tuning it is even more important to have this info.

but i want to know if it would be like plugging the refernce into a cheap cabinet.

It is more like listening to the last album you made played back on many different home stereos.

i m prepared to loose some sound in varius situations but i want to know that the original sound is in there

The original sound is in there, but what you hear is only as good as the amp that you plug in. If that amp is cheap the kind of degeneration is different than with what we know until now. If you have your sound taylored in a pedalboard and plug into a completly shabby, rusty amp, in the worst case all your the "magic" of sound is gone. If you plug the KPA into the same cheapo amp it sounds like a good CD playing on a really bad stereo.

Finaly if you plug kemper in a cabinet with no power amp you ll get sound but not that loud?am i correct??

You cannot conect the KPA directly to a passive loudspeaker (i.e. a speaker with no built in poweramp). But >> here >> is a thread about a poweramp by MATRIX that can be built into the hole on the back of the KPA.

For practicing in Hotel rooms and other quiet environments I can really recommend to use some cheapo computer speakers. They are light to carry and the lack of bass fits quite well the purpose of not disturbing neighbors. They usually have mini jack connectors that need an adapter to larger jack and can go into the headphone out. For practicing I like this more than headphones. But of course this is not meant as a monitor for tweaking any settings!

I think the guitar amp is part of my instrument and I want to know it like I know my guitar. The Kemper Amp is something completley new so I want to know how it works. I mean not the bits and bites of the programming behind it but I want to know how the different settings influence the sound. Especially the new ones that you don't find on your tube amp.

What I almost certainly do when I meet a new profile:

• adapt the input (clean sense and especially distortion sense)
    • turn down the noise gate
    • set the power sagging to where I like it
    • switch off the reverb and delays

What I am dealing with right now when I decided to use a profile more seriously:

• EQ before the amp (in the stomp section)
    • EQ after the amp (in the X-slot)
    • this and especially the "High Shift" parameter in the Cabinet section can change so incredibly much on a sound...

I don't know how to open a support ticket. Have sent you an email from the CONTACT website - wait for your answer, if needed.

The volume pedal was on EXP2, Pedal 2: Expression (Type 1), Location: Post Effects, Range: -5,0. It always happened in the "heat of the action". But then it froze when still showing the page that ask "Replace or Save As or Rename". After a while it changed to a green page with only the KEMPER letters (like on boot up but without the "get latest firmware...") and then I had to turn it off to boot again.

Hmm ... I just now did a test with intentionally moving the pedal while storing and could also not provoke any freeze. Who knows what this came from...

and switch back and forth from the original one?

Wow - thanks again, Sage: now I discovered how useful the RIG buttons far right are.

But still after a while I end up with lots of files called
    "D'lux 8.15"
    "D'lux 8.16"
    "D'lux 9.01" ...
    I will have to delete them manually quite soonish.

Anyway - a tool that sounds so gorgeous like the KPA can afford to have us wait a bit for this kind of "convenience" stuff like software editor of A/B compare buttons...

BTW is it true that the KPA will boot faster if it has less rigs inside? As I don't switch rigs during a gig then maybe it would be good to do a livegig.kpabackup file that only contains my latest favourite rig? Just in case I have to reboot on stage. When I come home I could load a tweeking.kpabackup file if I want to edit more?

Exactly! :thumbup:

Under Undo I would expect: "make the last step of your editing undone".
    A/B compare would be: "compare all what you have edited so far with the last saved version."

A/B compare would be great! I always store a new version and then have to turn the BROWSE knob in order to compare them. That's a bit awkward.

But, hey - a s o f t w a r e e d i t o r !!! will certainly offer both undo and A/B compare!

Is your USB stick now completley broken or just not recognized by the KPA?
    Is your PC Linux? (I had like 3 USB sticks eaten up by Ubuntu in the last two years. They still mounted on UBUNTU but were empty and on other PCs they were dead.)

Try again to let the KPA format the USB stick. If that fails you should invest in another stick - and format it right away in the KPA. I am not an expert but I would not create folders on that stick - just use the ones that you find there. If all this fails you should contact the support. But please tell us how it was.

It talks about the reference guide, why it is not included?

I would guess they do it that way because the whole thing is still in progress quite a lot and PDF files are easier to keep them up to date than printed copies. Remember - in every firmware update there is also a folder with the latest manuals.

I would also love to have a printed copy of it - but on the other side if it is not up to date after a while then it is not worth much. Also: it is easier to search for keywords in a PDF.

Was your volume pedal fully up, when you experienced these volume differences?

No, it was half way. So on the original sound (where it was post stomps) it just made the sound a bit more clean but did not influence the volume, but on my edited sound it was post effects and consequently the effect on the overall volume was stronger.