Posts by SliderJeff

Mats_Nermark,

Before you get the big slapdown from the mods, I thought I'd jump in to let you know that you need to either add the free profiles here as a ZIP file for download, or move this thread over to the commercial profiles forum. The mods have a strict policy about "no strings attached" when it comes to this subforum, and requiring name, email address, etc.. on your downloads page violates that rule. I'm not trying to be a jackass... just trying to help head off a potential issue before it happens.

Regards,

Jeff

I’ve tried them all :) They sound bad with both my guitars. That does not mean, that they suck. Just for my guitars :).

Ingo>>> I for sure will have to try to put the stomp box between the guitar and the Kemper. But that means that S/pdif is going to have to replaced by XLR cables. But that’s a very very tiny sacrifice if it works.

Jeff>>> Got any direct links?

b_ryan ,

This subforum does not allow ANY links to commerical profiles/profilers. I'd head over to the commercial forum and just do a search for "Entombed". :)

Jeff

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll try to help here. The studio profiles from Choptones include both the full signal path amp, cab, microphone(s) used to capture the profile. They also typically have the direct amp profile (DAP) included. The "Just Play" packs are just handpicked profiles of a specific amp with effects thrown in the mix. You can "play out live" any profile that can be loaded into the Kemper.

Note also that there are pretty much 3 kinds of profiles that can be loaded into the Kemper: Studio, Merged, and Direct. If you don't know the difference, check out this thread for details:

DIfference between types of profiles

HTH,
    Jeff

Have you tried Juha's, "JU - 8100/HM2Xtreme"? Or what about the 3 different profiles from r.u.sirius that called "Marshall JCM800 +HM2"?

If you don't dig those, there are a couple different commercial profilers that have taken a stab at getting that era of Death Metal tones from their gear.

HTH,

Jeff

What MM said above is correct if you are trying to actually TRANSFER it to your Stage. If you are just trying to audition a given profile, you should just be able to double click on it in RM.

Jeff

Michael,

Is this a completely different amp vs. the BHP LJ1000 pack I bought from your, previously?

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - I shot you an email yesterday about unlocking my downloads again since apparently they expired and I can't snag some of the updates you have provided for my previously purchased packs.

It won’t profile any of the effects.
    The problem I think I had was with the built in compression on the cleans and I think that was what was freaking the Kemper out.

I had a similar experience when trying to profile a Boss AC3 acoustic pedal. It confused the Kemper. It seemed to think that bright top end rattle was distortion and kept making an overdriven profile. As with my custom X100, I got there in the end.

Vinny Burns

Any chance you'd be willing to share those profiles? I'm always looking to score more X100 or other well-done pedal profiles. I totally understand if you prefer to keep them for yourself though, as I know you are an actual touring musician.

Thanks,

Jeff

FWIW, there is at least one commercial profiler out there that has an X100 pack. I suggest you search for that in the Commercial Profilers subforum.

Admins: Apologies if even mentioning that this exists is a violation of the "free rigs" subforum. I just didn't want someone to miss out on something they were searching for.

Thanks,

Jeff

I'd love to snag a pack with Frank Gambale's 90's era tone from "Thunder from Down Under" or his work with Chick Corea's Elektrik Band.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fortin Amps released their official ones through Replicant Audio, I believe. They are next on my "to buy" list because the demos sounded INCREDIBLE. I believe that Trivium is also using these on their latest tour.

Jeffro

Geez... this thread gave me a migraine.

Monkey_Man - good on you for TRYING to help. But, as usual, no good deed goes unpunished.

I've got to believe that maybe the OP suffers from not being a native English speaker, as that's really the only reason I can come with for being quite that obstinate when multiple people try to expain what anyone who has been here longer than a year has seen time and time again when "free" profiles comes with strings attached of ANY kind.

Either way, thanks for trying to share BuhoCiego, but please take the time to try to better understand what people who are trying to HELP you are saying.

Ok, back to burying my head in the sand with the rest of my ostrich buddies. Gobble gobble. Sqwawk sqwawk. Moooo quack... or whatever the heck sound an ostrich makes.

Jeffro