Posts by GearJocke

This is the first song I heard of Robin when he was the singer in the band Grand Prix. I had it recorded on a cassette from radio.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Me Too! it these last Years, Anytime I wanted to test someonelse's guitar (to Buy it or Not) I've brought with me my #1 giutar, or one of my giutars as reference sound to A/B compare them; and the first test is Always Acoustic!

and in the end I've never bought a giutar that didn't impress me when unplugged.

I woudn't say the volume/loudness it's the main factor to consider but of course it gives a clear indication.

Sustain and resonance behaves are IMHO more relevant factors.

True man. Many, including me in the past, made the mistake and say ok but if I swap to another pickup I will like it. But no. If you don't like it unplugged it doesn't matter how much you swap the pickups. You will never be satisfied with the guitar and end up selling it. Just like I have done in the past. If you like it unplugged and not 100% satisfied plugged, swap pickups till you find the right pickups and you have a guitar you will not sell.

If you get phase problem, just flip the phase on one of the tracks.

Most guitarists tune and intonate the guitar and the guitar is 100% ready. Wrong! A good setup is a must and most new guitars come with a too high guitar nut. That means the first few frets will go sharp. The nut needs to be filed down a bit. That way the guitar will be more comfortably to play too. Many guitarists tune lightly and then hammer hard on the strings. You need to tune the guitar how you play. If your a light picker, tune light. If your'e a heavy picker, tune heavy. The same is true too for intonation. There is a reason why so many producers don't allow the guitarists to tune their guitars and do the job for them instead and if it needs to to be intonated, they might do it too. Or hand them one of their own well setup guitars to save time and money. The truth is most guitarsists should spend more time to learn how to setup their guitars properly and tune properly instead of talking about e.g. different pedals.

Published another song this morning. We like this one a lot. Hope you will too!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rhythm profile is a ReampZone Dual Rec.

Your best song so far. 8)

I am curious and like to see and hear and try new things and there have never been better times to be a guitarist than today. But I don't get it why so many get hooked up and care about all these compare videos like they're going to give the viewer the right answer to tell them this is the right stuff. No matter if its kemper vs qc, guitar brand against guitar brand, pickups vs pickups etc etc. I want to try something myself and build my opinion on my first hand experience if I like something or not. I guess it has to do with age too. I'm too old to care about others opnion and oboy does it feel good.

It would be interesting, if the Quad Cortex is coming in the future in different types. Rack? Head?

Kemper started with the Head and then the Rack and the Stage came out. Are there known plans from Neural?

It's not even released yet and you ask for future plans?:rolleyes: :D Whatever plans Neural have we will see in the future. If many enough ask for a rack version, they probably will make them eventually.

Or: Sorry kids, no college for you. Daddy is getting a new toy today. :D

I started late to play guitar. In the years when men are in want of a young girl friend and buy a Harley, I desidet to buy a guitar and an amp. My wife was happy that I left the other nonsens...:) To play guitar in a rockband was a dream as I was much younger. Now the dream is true. I'm guitarist in a hobby rockband, covering our heroes from 60ies and 70ies and doing some own stuff. 1 or 2 gigs a year an every second week rehearsal.

It's never to late for rock'n'roll.:)

Yes, but Stay Metal Ray also. I think this video is more fair than Ola's 2 Videos! Ola's video was for me that he praised the QC too much for me, maybe he is Sponsored by them.

No he's not sponsored. He says to anyone that send him stuff that he will tell his honest opinion and that they have to accept it. He has given some stuff bad review in the past too. And his videos about qc did sound a lot better than this guy