Posts by GearJocke

I guess it's becuase of insecurity and also covers are more safe and attracts more viewers than anything original.

Well you're right. Except during the 80's. It depends where in the 80's. I mean how much blues based do you hear from EVH? And when Malmsteen came in the 80's the blues based were throwned out from the window and alot of other shredders came like Paul Gilbert, Tony Mcalpine, Vinnie Moore , Steve Vai etc. They were the new guitar idols for a new generation that didn't care a dime for blues based guitarists. They were considered old farts and boring. Just like someone like Eric Clapton were considered as boring during the 70's and prefered Ritchie Blackmore. That's the it is. The new is always more interesting for a young generation than the old stuff. If it had not been that way, humans would still be living in a cave.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3:43 Frank: What to do when he's playing his violin solo? I take a brake and light and smoke a cigarette :D

How about the input on the kemper? Does it hit read all the time when using high gain profiles? Have you updated to the last drivers on the interface? Does other users of the interface have the same or similar problem?

I did check that Fractal forum blocked some QC demos because paid videos are not allowed in that forum. Not the case in this forum.

Wasn't kemper disscusions at fractal forum erased, at least when kemper was new if I remember correct?

I think hes a shocking player...just seems otherworldly...often dismissed as purely a widdler but some of his stuff has some real emotion in it.

I think he's great. he's also not a bad person, just a diva...I see that is a bit of fun, playing up to the rock pretensions!

I remember buying the live in Japan video in 1984...yes...1984...and feeling physically sick watching his playing...never seen anything like it before and nearly gave up on the spot.

Graham Bonnet explains what it was like to work with him:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The one thing I'd really like to see happening is the ability to capture entire rigs including multiple stacked OD pedals. The Kemper can't do this realistically, yet, at least to my ears. I'm not talking about modulation pedals which would be impossible to profile because of their temporal nature I guess, but profiling multiple (static) stacked OD or boost pedals should be possible someday.

I think the Kemper is great for people who use profiles of clean or distorted amps without much pedals in the chain and rely on amps for breakup. I personally play high headroom amps which don't break up 99% of the time and I rely on pedals for grit. I have yet to come close to the sound I get when stacking my OD pedals through an analog amp.

True. When I compare a profile with a baked in od and the same profile without od and use my od, it sounds better than the baked in od.