Posts by GearJocke

Great idea but the only problem with bass plugins is the same as with guitar plugins, they don't sound realistic enough. Sure you can lower the bass plugin to mask it but nothing can replace a real bass guitar. The same is true also with all drum plugins. Great tools for song writing or if you are alone. I know I use SD too and like it very much but still it can't be compared to a real drummer and the human feel. Another problem is drum plugins sound too good. Even raw drums from famous bands don't sound that good but mixed with the rest they can sound awsome.

Don't be afraid to do your own setups on your guitars. There's so much information out there how to do it. I never let anyone else touch my guitars for a setup simply because I know how I want my guitars and they all are in different tunings. A good luthier should take all necessary information from a guitarist before even touching a guitar and not just set it up like it was a factory setup and hope for the best lik 99% of them do. How you play, how you want the action, playing style, soft, medium or hard hitter. All that matters. And don't believe a few luthiers out there that will tell you you should never touch the guitar because you will likely ruin your guitar and only a pro can do the job. They say that for a obvious reason. Some other guitarists believe that myth and will tell the same bs. It takes some practice but it will be worth it in the end and you save your money for something else like new string.

Agree turn down the dist sense. With many high gain profiles I need to turn down dist sense all the way. In recording situation I use multiband compression to get rid of too much bass when chugging on the low E and of course hp-filter and lp-filter if it's needed. I don't find that all or nearly all high gain profiles have way too much bass. If you want profiles that have less bass buy Tills Chimera that offers three different per profile from more bass, less and even less bass on that pack.

Never heard of this amp before and would be nice to see some profiles of this one sooooon. Come on profilers. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does the master button turn red when you play?

Based on amp X is what I see on all profilers sites where I have purchased. If nothing, that's bad, but you can always mail and ask them. But to me it doesn't really matter that much. It's more important if I like the profiles or not. Yes I have seen some smaller profilers where there's no information on what amp(s)been used, no demo sound nor any free profiles. Honestly who do they believe will buy anything then?

I don't know if copyright prohibits the naming of a specific amp, but half the time I honestly have no idea what half the amps are in different profile packs.

Maybe it's just me but it would be so much easier if it just said what amp was being profiled in as concise a way as is possible

dz Herbert, rz 5150, stl evh5150iii. With some you have the answer right away.